TalkBears Community Mock Draft 2015

adam

Oh, COME ON! You totally screwed the Bears (and me). Now I have to put a lot more thought into this pick. I don't like the value of just about anyone here. Anyone willing to persuade the Bears GM on a player at this spot?

Your fellow beartalk bro's put it to you. Might need another CB since Ifo's knee may have him sidelined like SF RB Marcus Lattimore. Been reading reports that the knee might be worse than thought. If those reports are false, yes Ifo was a first RD prospect.

recommendations

Marcus Hardison DT/DE

Henry Anderson DE

Alex Carter CB

James Sample SS

Gabe Wright DT

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've went to several UofL games and Sample is legit. I don't think he makes it out of the 4th (and may actually sneak into the 3rd). He had a comparable combine to Landon Collins, and is 2 inches taller, so he has room to add some weight. Also, he had more tackles and passes defended than Collins. He is definitely a sleeper this year.

Your fellow beartalk bro's put it to you. Might need another CB since Ifo's knee may have him sidelined like SF RB Marcus Lattimore. Been reading reports that the knee might be worse than thought. If those reports are false, yes Ifo was a first RD prospect.

recommendations

Marcus Hardison DT/DE - Doesn't appear to fit scheme

Henry Anderson DE

Alex Carter CB - no way two CBs

James Sample SS - seems too early

Gabe Wright DT - no

I've went to several UofL games and Sample is legit. I don't think he makes it out of the 4th (and may actually sneak into the 3rd). He had a comparable combine to Landon Collins, and is 2 inches taller, so he has room to add some weight. Also, he had more tackles and passes defended than Collins. He is definitely a sleeper this year.

You think he might slip into the third but every scouting report says his lack of experience and some flaws in coverage put him into the 5th or 6th. That is concerning.

I will make the pick very shortly, but still taking suggestions. Any one player you love, feel passionate about, and can convince me of in terms of need/fit/BPA/whatever, I'm still open.

This really would be a bad hand dealt to the Bears if it played out like this.

Has Markus Golden been taken? He might be a bit of a boom or bust, but we haven't taken a pass rusher yet and seems like the kind of player Fangio could move around and get some solid use out of right away. Pace has mentioned you can never have too many pass-rushers.

Allow me to persuade you with a report from your favorite website......

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...op-of-the-crop/

Perhaps the best mix of abilities in the class, Sample is a decisive mover who is quick and sure when reacting up and capable in coverage. Unlike his Louisville counterpart, Gerod Holliman, Sample displays a strong desire to get to the ball-carrier and takes on more than a support role in the run game as he’s a confident defender who will hit, wrap and win one-on-one in space. His body control is excellent and he works through traffic well to get to where he needs to go.

Grading well across the board in our CFF analysis, his tape didn’t disappoint, he ticks more boxes than any other, and he fits in among the handful of Day 2 hopefuls who can find an immediate role in an NFL backfield.

Signature Stat: Sample was in the Top 10 in Run Stop Percentage and Tackling Efficiency, and his 12 combined plays on the ball (four INTs, eight PDs) were second among safeties only to Holliman’s 15.

Allow me to persuade you with a report from your favorite website......

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/...op-of-the-crop/

Perhaps the best mix of abilities in the class, Sample is a decisive mover who is quick and sure when reacting up and capable in coverage. Unlike his Louisville counterpart, Gerod Holliman, Sample displays a strong desire to get to the ball-carrier and takes on more than a support role in the run game as he’s a confident defender who will hit, wrap and win one-on-one in space. His body control is excellent and he works through traffic well to get to where he needs to go.

Grading well across the board in our CFF analysis, his tape didn’t disappoint, he ticks more boxes than any other, and he fits in among the handful of Day 2 hopefuls who can find an immediate role in an NFL backfield.

Signature Stat: Sample was in the Top 10 in Run Stop Percentage and Tackling Efficiency, and his 12 combined plays on the ball (four INTs, eight PDs) were second among safeties only to Holliman’s 15.

Unpossible. There is no way Sample can be top 10 in Run defense, Tackling, and Pass defense, can he?

You think he might slip into the third but every scouting report says his lack of experience and some flaws in coverage put him into the 5th or 6th. That is concerning.

From Walterfootball:

James Sample*, S, Louisville

Height: 6-2. Weight: 209.

40 Time: 4.56.

Projected Round (2015): 3-4.

4/25/15: All the attention in 2014 went to teammate Gerod Holliman, who led the nation in interceptions. However, Sample also impressed talent evaluators and showed a combination of size (6-2, 209) and athleticism. He notched 88 tackles with eight passes broken up and four interceptions in 2014.

After careful consideration, conference with trusted sources, and a tempting worm on the hook in the form of Garrett Grayson, the Bears select...

James Sample, SS, Louisville. He likely takes Mundy's job by mid season and makes a good pairing with Rolle.