Bears Cap Space (Post Draft)

adam

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 18m

All in all, the #Bears rookie class will only affect the cap by about $3.5M, which should leave around $7M left.

$7mil is some nice space post draft. We still have some room to make a couple of moves after June 1st cuts.

Hopefully a decent OT hits the market. I really don't wanna see Mills start next year.

Also, when looking up potential cuts, looks like the June 1st date was moved to May 12th so that's cool.

Not saying we don't need an upgrade at OT, but teams do not let quality O lineman go. I really don't think we find one in fa.

Just curious, are we changing to a Zone blocking scheme? And if so, how do pro scouts evaluate our current roster. I think we have some guys that fit well in Grasu, Long, Leno, Ola, and by the sounds of athletic ability OT Fabuluje. This type of line is typically smaller but more athletic.

If we stay big and go power, we also have those guys. Groy, Ducasse, Slaussen, Long. Etc

Bushrod and Slaussen I am unsure of, they may be capable of ZBS.

Not saying we don't need an upgrade at OT, but teams do not let quality O lineman go. I really don't think we find one in fa.

Just curious, are we changing to a Zone blocking scheme? And if so, how do pro scouts evaluate our current roster. I think we have some guys that fit well in Grasu, Long, Leno, Ola, and by the sounds of athletic ability OT Fabuluje. This type of line is typically smaller but more athletic.

If we stay big and go power, we also have those guys. Groy, Ducasse, Slaussen, Long. Etc

I think most of our Oline is full of enormous maulers!

I've read that the Broncos varied on blocking schemes last year and I expect that to continue here.

Every year guys get dumped for cap reasons. They more than likely won't be great but Jordan Mills is one of, if not THE worst, OT in the league, there's a good chance an upgrade is made available.

I've read that the Broncos varied on blocking schemes last year and I expect that to continue here.

Every year guys get dumped for cap reasons. They more than likely won't be great but Jordan Mills is one of, if not THE worst, OT in the league, there's a good chance an upgrade is made available.

Anthony Collins is still out there. He sucked last year but played well when he was in Cincy

$7mil is some nice space post draft. We still have some room to make a couple of moves after June 1st cuts.

I don't know where he got this info. According to Sportrac, Kevin White's contract alone will have a cap hit of at least $3mil. According to OvertheCap, last years 7th overall pick Mike Evans had a $2.6mil cap hit in 2014 so the projected hit for White around $3mil seems realistic.

Back at Sportrac they estimate Goldman having a cap hit of $1mil, Grasu $600k, Langford $550k, Amos $500k, Fabuluje $460k. Add those up and its more than $6mil for the rookie contracts.

OvertheCap shows our rookie pool costing $6.2mil against the cap.

http://overthecap.com/draft

I don't know where he got this info. According to Sportrac, Kevin White's contract alone will have a cap hit of at least $3mil. According to OvertheCap, last years 7th overall pick Mike Evans had a $2.6mil cap hit in 2014 so the projected hit for White around $3mil seems realistic.

Back at Sportrac they estimate Goldman having a cap hit of $1mil, Grasu $600k, Langford $550k, Amos $500k, Fabuluje $460k. Add those up and its more than $6mil for the rookie contracts.

OvertheCap shows our rookie pool costing $6.2mil against the cap.

http://overthecap.com/draft

We will have to wait for the numbers, I thought the same thing, I think he got his numbers crossed. Probably more like $7M spent and $3.5M left.

We will have to wait for the numbers, I thought the same thing, I think he got his numbers crossed. Probably more like $7M spent and $3.5M left.

White $3,011,463

Goldman $1,033,875

Grasu $625,480

Langford $570,906

Amos $493,070

Fabuluje $467,841

Total $ 6,202,636 is the Bears total draft pick allotments.

lol I thought the same thing, but it is similar to other vets skipping the voluntary workouts (which has become standard practice).

Although a vet skipping offseason stuff on a team he's been a part of is different than a FA Vet doing the same before signing to a new team. For a vet who's been with a team and knows the system the impact of missing is less. Though with us getting a whole new staff those offseason workouts are valuable especially when the staff starts installing concepts for their system.