Early preview of Bears 2016 needs

ASHKUM BEAR

Spent the evening and I layed out the Bears current roster with their contracts expiration dates to get a look at needs. As I see it now, if no major injury takes place, the Bears may sit on the remaining cap to lock up Alshon Jeffery. Depending how the season plays out, the Bears will have major needs in the following:

Defense

3-4 DE - McDonald, Jenkins, and Ratliff contract expires. That will leave Furguson, Sutton, Washington, and Dunn

NT- Depth will be needed behind Goldman

CB-Fuller on one end, Jennings I see as a nickel leaves finding a long term man cover CB a big need

S-Mundys contract expires, depth behind Vereen and Amos will be a need

OLB is locked until 2019 if Houston, McPhee work out. Young behind them then depth becomes a need

Offense

TE- Bennett has 2 years remaining, a young threat needs to be considered soon. The rest are on one years or unknown.

QB-Jay Cutler may do well will new leadership. If so, he is signed unti 2020

G-I think Long stays with hope Fabuluje develops. If so backups will be a need with Groy/Ducasse with 1yr left

RB-Carey/Langford will be the stable, another committee man will be needed unless Forte gets another deal

OT-Bushrod, Leno, Mills Fabuluje are here a couple more years but an upgrade is a need.

C-Finding a capable back up a need also

As for early draft projections, I see the Bears at 8-8 and picking 15th. If Cutler suceeds, the Bears go CB Kendal Fuller. TE round 2, 3-4 DE round 3. With plenty of cap space, they could go big on a need or two also.

Way too early but I want a LT.

Assuming Bennett doesn't force his way out, no way I'm going TE round 2 or even in the top half for that matter. TEs aren't players you need to groom for 2 years. If you draft a TE in the 2R they damn well better produce right away, and with 3 good WRs I don't see them going heavy into 2 TE packages.

Way too early but I want a LT.

Assuming Bennett doesn't force his way out, no way I'm going TE round 2 or even in the top half for that matter. TEs aren't players you need to groom for 2 years. If you draft a TE in the 2R they damn well better produce right away, and with 3 good WRs I don't see them going heavy into 2 TE packages.

I'll buy that. TE Depth and future starter is a need which I would think will come out of this next draft. Maybe round 4 would be better suited.

There are some good LT prospects, I really like my ND's Ronnie Stanley but I see him going top 10.

Agreed.

I see QB, LB, OL, DL, CB, S, TE. Depending on Langford, RB could be in there too. Only WR appears solid at this point. Depending on White. Which leaves us again in a great position to draft BPA. I think QB is the only position that could outweigh BPA depending onwhat the scounts/GM and coaches think.

Even if Cutler stays, I still think you look at QB early. Next years draft is going to be deep for QB, so I would take advantage of the market. I would also look at OL, DL, and LB.

Seems like a legit prospect. I have a feeling S won't be the top need unless he is too good to pass up. I am thinking CB, QB, or OLT will take the prize.

FYI...Ramsey is versatile. He can play safety or cb. This year because of depth is moving back to cb. He came to FSU Asa cb, but because he's physical freak, coaches had to get him on the field a true freshman. 2 starting cb's were draft, so he's needed at cb.

I composed a list of some players that may be top 100 come seasons end we may have interest in that may fit our BPA. I didn't put these in any particular order besides positions.

KENTRELL BROTHERS LB MIZZ MYLES JACK LB UCLA JAYLON SMITH LB ND REGGIE RAGLAND LB ALA ERIC STRIKER OLB OK CURT MAGGITT OLB TENN REGGIE CARTER OLB GA DEVONTE FIELDS OLB/DE LSU LEONARD FLOYD DE/OLB GA SHILQUIE CALHOUN DE/OLB MICH ST SCOBBY WRIGHT DE/OLB ARZ CARL LAWSON DE/OLB AUBURN CARDALE JONES QB OHIO ST CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG QB PENN ST CONNOR COOK QB MICH ST JARED GOFF QB CAL CODY KESSLER QB USC DAK PRESCOTT QB MISS ST GUNNER KIEL QB CIN JACOB COKER QB ALA LAREMY TUNSIL OT OLE MISS RONNIE STANLEY OT ND TAYLOR DECKER OT OHIO ST SPENCER DRAGO OT BAYLOR JOHN THEUS OT GA JACK CONKLIN OT MICH ST GERMAIN IFEDI OT TEXAS AM VERNON HARGREAVES CB FLORIDA KENDALL FULLER CB VA TECH ZACK SANCHEZ CB OK EDDIE JACKSON CB ALA TREDAVIOUS WHITE CB LSU JALEN RAMSEY CB/S FSU

I composed a list of some players that may be top 100 come seasons end we may have interest in that may fit our BPA. I didn't put these in any particular order besides positions.

KENTRELL BROTHERS LB MIZZ MYLES JACK LB UCLA JAYLON SMITH LB ND REGGIE RAGLAND LB ALA ERIC STRIKER OLB OK CURT MAGGITT OLB TENN REGGIE CARTER OLB GA DEVONTE FIELDS OLB/DE LSU LEONARD FLOYD DE/OLB GA SHILQUIE CALHOUN DE/OLB MICH ST SCOBBY WRIGHT DE/OLB ARZ CARL LAWSON DE/OLB AUBURN CARDALE JONES QB OHIO ST CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG QB PENN ST CONNOR COOK QB MICH ST JARED GOFF QB CAL CODY KESSLER QB USC DAK PRESCOTT QB MISS ST GUNNER KIEL QB CIN JACOB COKER QB ALA LAREMY TUNSIL OT OLE MISS RONNIE STANLEY OT ND TAYLOR DECKER OT OHIO ST SPENCER DRAGO OT BAYLOR JOHN THEUS OT GA JACK CONKLIN OT MICH ST GERMAIN IFEDI OT TEXAS AM VERNON HARGREAVES CB FLORIDA KENDALL FULLER CB VA TECH ZACK SANCHEZ CB OK EDDIE JACKSON CB ALA TREDAVIOUS WHITE CB LSU JALEN RAMSEY CB/S FSU

We dont know who will excel and who will degress with the current coaching staff. Our needs may change, but what I do know:

We will definitely draft a QB prospect whether Cutler plays well or not this year.

We dont know who will excel and who will degress with the current coaching staff. Our needs may change, but what I do know:

We will definitely draft a QB prospect whether Cutler plays well or not this year.

My list was composed by current contract lengths. If Cutler plays well/good, the Bears get a bonus. If he plays like we've seen than I have no doubt QB will be our #1 target. If he looks like he can hold the position a couple more years, than I see CB as a #1 or #2 pick. D-line depth is up there too. The team eventually needs drafted youth to man the positions, not fa's. I do think this next draft will be QB rich, but not 1983 rich. More like 99 lol. Lots of qbs drafted.

I think DC could be a need next year. If Fangio can bring the D to the middle of the pack, he may be on the radar for a head coaching gig.

That could be. Fangio wants a HC chance and the same with Gase. Hopefully we can hang on to them for a few years to build consistency.

That could be. Fangio wants a HC chance and the same with Gase. Hopefully we can hang on to them for a few years to build consistency.

Unless there is a miracle turnaround in our offense and defense both of these guys will likely be here for at least two seasons. At this point in his career it doesn't appear Fangio is considered HC material or he'd have been in the mix the last couple years. That his Dline coach got the nod over him was surprising.

I find it a little premature to assess 2016 needs when we haven't seen this staff and roster perform on the field in 2015.

Would you like to see some 2017 needs too :rolleyes: ? Because whether or not they played yet, they have contracts that dictate possible needs when they expire. That's all I looked at. I will always talk draft, needs, and Bears.

Would you like to see some 2017 needs too :rolleyes: ? Because whether or not they played yet, they have contracts that dictate possible needs when they expire. That's all I looked at. I will always talk draft, needs, and Bears.

Do what you feel! IMO I think its putting the cart before the horse.