Interesting quote from TJ Lang on Bears Defense

DABEARSDABOMB

So not only did everyone know what we were doing offensively...evidently they knew what we were doing defensively last year. This was out of Biggs 10 thought on Bears piece.

How much of what the Packers encountered looked familiar from playing Fangio when he was with San Francisco?

“Good amount,” Lang said. “They were playing us nickel to our sub package and rolling a safety down late to try to help against the run, which is a lot of the same stuff we saw against San Francisco. I think it is a good defense. I think they are only going to get better the more they play. By Thanksgiving next time we see them, I think that is going to be a new team. Obviously, you can tell there are some learning curves there with it being a first-year system, but they’ve got some good players.”

The turnover in personnel hasn’t been that great on defense, probably not as much as the Bears would like. The Packers scored a combined 93 points in the two meetings in 2014.

“Last year, they were pretty vanilla,” Lang said. “We didn’t see a lot of different stuff out of them. I think they had one or two blitzes. At this level, you’re going to sniff that out every time. They were way different this year. I think they did a good job of changing some stuff up against us, especially the third-down package. Three-guy rushes, a couple empty blitzes there trying to get pressure, they are definitely more complex.”

So not only did everyone know what we were doing offensively...evidently they knew what we were doing defensively last year. This was out of Biggs 10 thought on Bears piece.

I'm confused. He's talking about the Bears D yesterday right not last years? And since I assume he meant this year and Fangio leading it, Fangios been rather successful against Rodgers so I do hope they stick with it.

I'm confused. He's talking about the Bears D yesterday right not last years? And since I assume he meant this year and Fangio leading it, Fangios been rather successful against Rodgers so I do hope they stick with it.

Bears D vs them last year

Fangio (san Fran) against them last year

and The Bears D vs them this year

Tucker sucked more then we thought.

Yeah...he was talking about this years Bears D vs. last year. Basically saying how this year, it is a lot of what the Niners used to do and how they have multiple blitz packages, etc, and how last year they knew what we were going to do at all times (our D was totally predictable).

It's good but it will also take time for our players to learn how to make all this schemes work. 3 of 4 Dline are 2nd year or rookie.

I completely agree. I still think this will be a long season, but I am confident we have the right people to get the ship pointed in the right direction. Coaches need talent and we are devoid of defensive talent. Offensively, we do have some talent, so I am curious what Gase will be able to showcase. That said, the offense clearly has its own limitations (oline) and injury risks (most specifically wideout).

I completely agree. I still think this will be a long season, but I am confident we have the right people to get the ship pointed in the right direction. Coaches need talent and we are devoid of defensive talent. Offensively, we do have some talent, so I am curious what Gase will be able to showcase. That said, the offense clearly has its own limitations (oline) and injury risks (most specifically wideout).

GB

AZ

SEA

OAK

KC

DET

MN

SD

RAMS

DEN

GB

49er's

WAS

MN

TB

DET

If you look at our schedule I think there are only 3 games that the Bears have very little chance at winning. That is the two against GB and SEA. Denver looked all screwed up this week or else I would put them in the same category as GB and SEA.

Rams looked good against SEA, SD looked good too. MN looked terrible against the 49ers and the 49ers still didn't look like the 49ers of late. TB sucks, DET didn't look great either. Granted this is only the first week but you cant tell me the Bears do not have a chance in all of these games.

If you look at our schedule I think there are only 3 games that the Bears have very little chance at winning. That is the two against GB and SEA. Denver looked all screwed up this week or else I would put them in the same category as GB and SEA.

Rams looked good against SEA, SD looked good too. MN looked terrible against the 49ers and the 49ers still didn't look like the 49ers of late. TB sucks, DET didn't look great either. Granted this is only the first week but you cant tell me the Bears do not have a chance in all of these games.

I think we will be highly competitive against GB on Thanksgiving and I see that as a winnable game. We were only 1 or 2 plays from winning this week.

For Seattle, they did not look good against STL and if Chancellor is still out, I think we have a fighting chance.

I think all of you are delusional but I hope you are right. I legitimately think we don't get blown out of a bunch of games like last year, but I don't think we have the ammo to win those close games yet. But a few bounces go our way, I think we win 8 games...they go against us and I think you are talking 4 or 5...most likely 6-7 wins.

Teams you don't include that are pretty good on our schedule are:

- Arizona

- KC

- St. Louis (I buy into them)

- Denver

- San Diego

I don't think we beat any of them, but I could be wrong. Then you have the Lions / Vikings, don't see us sweeping either of them, could see us losing to both, but peg maybe 2 wins their. We should beat the Bucs, so that is a 3rd. Oakland (may not have their QB) / Washington are games where on neutral fields I'd expect us to be favored slightly at this point (but not by a lot and in the Raiders case, purely cause their QB is out). I'd expect Niners at this point would be slight favorite of us but not a lot. Bottom line, when I slice and dice it, I just don't see it, but I hope I'm wrong.

What I want to see though is progress and young players developing into starters.