Alshon Hammy injury

Chitownhustla

No way, the Achilles and hamstring are not even on the same side of the leg :lol:

I suppose it's possible he may have favored the other side of his body more, but he probably just isn't in game shape yet. He's been doing next to nothing for a month and then suddenly gets thrust into game action with only a few days of practice. Can't say I'm surprised this happened.

I suppose it's possible he may have favored the other side of his body more, but he probably just isn't in game shape yet. He's been doing next to nothing for a month and then suddenly gets thrust into game action with only a few days of practice. Can't say I'm surprised this happened.

Yeah, I think the time off doing nothing didn't help.

I wonder how injured Alshon is. Funny that he couldn't make it last week against Patrick Peterson and now this week against Richard Sherman. I wonder if he's suddenly available to play the Raiders in week 4. If he was shut out by Peterson and Sherman without having Marshall opposite him would he still get paid as a no. 1 receiver. I bet if it was Marshall he would have found a way to play.

So do you give him big bucks next year.

I wonder how injured Alshon is. Funny that he couldn't make it last week against Patrick Peterson and now this week against Richard Sherman. I wonder if he's suddenly available to play the Raiders in week 4. If he was shut out by Peterson and Sherman without having Marshall opposite him would he still get paid as a no. 1 receiver. I bet if it was Marshall he would have found a way to play.

That is way too conspiracy theory-ish. He missed almost all of the preseason and probably came back too early or did too much too soon and was not conditioned enough after the time away.

For his contract, it will have to be evaluated after the year. The missed games are hurting his numbers, so every game he misses, he is losing money.

I agree Marshall would have played. Marshall had his issues, but he was a warrior on gameday. I think this has more to do with Bears probably goin, okay, we are going to get blasted by Seattle on the road with our backup. Why would we push Alshon early (especially with a hammy injury, which can get re aggravated very easily). Take the loss and refocus on week 4. From their try to build your way back to contention. Ideally we could have Jay back for the Raiders and then have a shot.

What do we do w/ Alshon? Pay him? Tag him?

I agree Marshall would have played. Marshall had his issues, but he was a warrior on gameday. I think this has more to do with Bears probably goin, okay, we are going to get blasted by Seattle on the road with our backup. Why would we push Alshon early (especially with a hammy injury, which can get re aggravated very easily). Take the loss and refocus on week 4. From their try to build your way back to contention. Ideally we could have Jay back for the Raiders and then have a shot.

Depends on the price. At a minimum, you tag him. That said, I am perfectly fine paying him longer term (and maybe we can benefit because of some of these injuries)? Him and White should make it easier for whomever the QB is (along with Marty B).

I think Marty B will be gone sooner than later. He has said he doesn't wants to play for just one more big payday and he is done.

I think Marty B will be gone sooner than later. He has said he doesn't wants to play for just one more big payday and he is done.

You beat me to it. Depending on $ I could see Marty gone after this yr. IMO we resign Jeffrey long term because him and white together and both in prime would be a great building block for whoever we bring in at QB. In a way I wonder what would have come of Jay if we had provided him adequate ppl on offense that 1st yr. Ahh there I go day dreaming

You beat me to it. Depending on $ I could see Marty gone after this yr. IMO we resign Jeffrey long term because him and white together and both in prime would be a great building block for whoever we bring in at QB. In a way I wonder what would have come of Jay if we had provided him adequate ppl on offense that 1st yr. Ahh there I go day dreaming

I just don't see who else you give the money to. Ultimately, having Marty B, Alshon, and White around for the foreseeable future is a good thing. IF Jay is here, it gives him weapons, and if we draft a QB, those are all good options. They are all still relatively young as well (Marty might be the oldest but he's still pretty fresh and a very very good athlete for the position). It means we don't have to waste picks on those areas either, which is nice.

It isn't like we have to choose between 15 talented players in-house that all are deserving of contracts so Bears might as well use up some signing bonus this year and next on any core guys (and front load the deals so you are in good spot when talent brought in by Pace / Fox is ready.

I just don't see who else you give the money to. Ultimately, having Marty B, Alshon, and White around for the foreseeable future is a good thing. IF Jay is here, it gives him weapons, and if we draft a QB, those are all good options. They are all still relatively young as well (Marty might be the oldest but he's still pretty fresh and a very very good athlete for the position). It means we don't have to waste picks on those areas either, which is nice.

It isn't like we have to choose between 15 talented players in-house that all are deserving of contracts so Bears might as well use up some signing bonus this year and next on any core guys (and front load the deals so you are in good spot when talent brought in by Pace / Fox is ready.

I think all of you are right. Alshon has to be resigned. You already sent BM out of here then replaced him with White. You cant keep opening up opening up new area's of NEEDS when there is already so many area's of need already.

I heard on espn radio that Alshon will not command Julio Jones or Dez Bryant money so if that is true he should be able to be signed for a fair number.

Give Bennett a raise too, shut him up.

I would TAG him and then over the remaining games this year and the games next year see how he performs. If he keeps getting injured I would let him go. As said before Brandon Marshall would have probably not missed any games. Jeffery needs to get fitter to avoid these injuries or if he is injury prone it a waste of time having a number 1 receiver who is always injured.

Also if White as a big 2016-17 we may not need to spend big bucks on another receiver. Maybe we can pick up some studs on defence instead.

I am hoping we can trust in Pace to start drafting players who can contribute and the quality coaching staff can turn around some of our players such as Shea that are considered as busts.