JD Dickerson...trade Forte and Alshon

DABEARSDABOMB

Yeah, I just don't want to trade Alshon, period. Even if White proves he's a #1, you still need more than 1 receiver! And he's 25! It makes no sense to me why letting Alshon walk is even a question. He's one of the only young players on this roster worth building around. You don't get rid of those guys.

I agree with you. We have so few building blocks that I can't possibly move Alshon. Now if a team offers us a 1st or like a 2nd and a 4th, then I think about it, but right now, worse case we franchise him and work on a longer term deal. We don't have many game changing young players so you should keep the ones you do have.

Forte makes some sense, but I'd hate it. He's still a stud.

Jeffery makes zero sense. IF the Bears draft a QB next year -- they will -- they he will need solid weapons around him.

Dickerson is wrong. We are making moves with aging or bottom of the roster players. Go with a fire sale and get rid of all your talent and the rest of the team will quit. We need young good players like Jeffrey. Pay Jeffrey now and if White becomes a true #1 years down the road you let Jeffrey leave in FA or trade him then.

Trade Cutler and Bennett? After seeing what Clausen did on offense the only one who thinks we are a better team without Cutler is AG. Unlike in the last draft where we might have had a shot at either of the top 2 QBs, getting rid of an average QB with no clear cut plan to replace him is the fastest way for Pace and Fox to find new jobs. Every player on the team knows with Cutler around they can move the ball and score.

Martellus is one of the best inline TEs in the NFL. We should absolutely pay him to stay next year he has plenty of good years left.

Forte, we are better with now but not down the road. For now I think the young guys can fill in decently. I might be the only one who saw Forte miss a couple blitz pickups this past game so that's still an issue with him IMO. If we get a good offer like a 3rd Rd pick I'd make the deal. I'd be good too if we traded him for a good young player at a weak position (we have many options). A young CB, DT, S, even Oline. Especially if that safety can play special teams. I see no reason to keep Vereen around because he's not doing well at either pass coverage or special teams.

Trade Cutler and Bennett? After seeing what Clausen did on offense the only one who thinks we are a better team without Cutler is AG. Unlike in the last draft where we might have had a shot at either of the top 2 QBs, getting rid of an average QB with no clear cut plan to replace him is the fastest way for Pace and Fox to find new jobs. Every player on the team knows with Cutler around they can move the ball and score.

Et tou AZ? You're only half right. I think the team can and will win WITHOUT Cutler. But who will replace him? I even went as far as saying that I'm pretty certain that player is not currently on the roster. Not sure at this point who would be worthy of trying to get since the season is started and you're right the staff would be foolish in trying.

But if the rumors were true that the Bears were trying to make a play on Mariotta by using Cutler as bait... Opportunity missed. Onto to 2016.

Et tou AZ? You're only half right. I think the team can and will win WITHOUT Cutler. But who will replace him? I even went as far as saying that I'm pretty certain that player is not currently on the roster. Not sure at this point who would be worthy of trying to get since the season is started and you're right the staff would be foolish in trying.

But if the rumors were true that the Bears were trying to make a play on Mariotta by using Cutler as bait... Opportunity missed. Onto to 2016.

You've hit 3 or 4 threads with posts promoting, wishing, begging, for the team to find a trade partner for Cutler.

I don't recall if you were for Mariota, I certainly was, but there weren't many here that were. We have to play out the season now and then evaluate our options at QB.

Unfortunately, we can't win without Cutty. Hate him or love him, today's NFL starts and ends with QB play and we dont have a competent back up. I'd be for trading everyone long in the tooth except Alshon even though I think he's kind of one dimensional. I like to see some growth in him and his route capabilities because soon he's going to be asking for AJ Green money.

You've hit 3 or 4 threads with posts promoting, wishing, begging, for the team to find a trade partner for Cutler.

I don't recall if you were for Mariota, I certainly was, but there weren't many here that were. We have to play out the season now and then evaluate our options at QB.

I know. I was "feeling my oats" yesterday and thought I'd ask the question repeatedly. Fact is I know they aren't ridding us of him for the very reasons you and killerkraz cited.

Yes I was for Mariotta. A little worried how he'd translate to the NFL but it appears he's doing fine. Having Cutler go to Tennessee would've made a lot of people happy, including Kim.