Bears vs Oakland

Chitownhustla

Good game overall, have to fix the special teams, they are a detriment to the team right now and bringing down the other phases. The average starting field position was terrible all game. Besides the two turnovers where we got the ball on the OAK side of the field, the special teams gave us this dumpster fire for starting field positions: 20, 6, 12, 8, 20, 31, 20, 10, 20. Both of our TD scoring drives went 80 yards.

Cutler had one or two bad passes that included the INT, but for the most part he played a solid game (even with him being limited against scrambling). On the INT, it needed to go more outside (like Cutler said in the post game), but why did Bennett jump at a waist high pass? He turned and left his feet (for no reason) which seemed to give Woodson a clear shot at the ball. Regardless, Cutler needs to throw the ball away or to a place where it can't be intercepted (which is to the outside). He needs to know that even a FG there makes OAK need a TD to win.

Bennett was a beast making several huge catches and first downs. It was nice to see Royal starting to make an impact and Wilson's name on a few plays. Can't imagine how this offense will look with a healthy Alshon, White, Royal, Wilson, Bennett, and Forte. O-Line played decent despite injuries.

Defense making plays. McPhee and Jenkins making impact plays two games in a row. People are asking about salary cap, how about locking up Jenkins if he continues to play like this? I might even do it sooner than later before he becomes even more expensive. I heard Acho's name called a lot. Goldman had a nice sack. The defense only allowed 243 yards. Porter played decent except for the missed tackle on Helu with Jones (that was ugly). I missed Jared Allen not holding contain on every play, that was a nice subtraction.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that I keep seeing post that include White as a reason this offense is not clicking on all cylinders, Kevin White has not played a down preseason or regular season for the Bears and according to most draft scouts was an upside type player because of his lack of time against division I competition and playing in West VA's spread offense, meaning he would need coaching up on route running etc. Why is his name being constantly mentioned when he hasn't practiced much or played any downs for for this team? When I was at Bourbonaiss he might as well have been in a folding chair next to me. Please don't make him an excuse for poor execution by the players who have gone through a whole TC and can't get open and are still on the roster.

Example Mariani he adds nothing offensively and routinely makes no KO returns and makes a mistake per game on punt returns that has the offense starting deep all 4 games. Since he can't offer anything on offense why does he still have a roster spot?

If you are referring to me where did I say he was the reason the offense is not clicking?

When I get to a computer I'll explain why I have mentioned him. In the meantime tell me where I said he is the reason the offense is not clicking.

Yeah, I don't get what the deal is here. What did he say that was wrong? Do you disagree that this offense doesn't change completely when Alshon and Mr. White are on the field?

Always a debbie downer who would rather say I told you so than ride the wagon. Glad we had a reason to high five and enjoy. Bear down!

Yeah, I don't get what the deal is here. What did he say that was wrong? Do you disagree that this offense doesn't change completely when Alshon and Mr. White are on the field?

Alshon yes, White no! We have no idea what White can do in this offense because he hasn't practiced or played in it. If you take two wrs from WVa recently drafted Austin and Bailey both on the Rams one (Austin) was an early first rounder how is he doing? There is something to be said about receivers from spread offenses having trouble transitioning in the NFL. I'm just wondering why I'm being ask to explain the fact that if you have never seen a player practice or play for a team, how can you know his abilties. I think that's a no brainer.

I did NOT say the offense is not clicking because White is out. I said it would be a totally different offense with Alshon and White. I actually think the offense clicked pretty well yesterday.

I get and agree that NO ONE knows what we have with white yet. but if Pace and co thought enough of him to draft him at 7 (not one person said the Bears reached for him at 7) I believe he has what it takes to be a good WR in the NFL.

But with Alshon and White this offense would be totally different, for a number of reasons.

The Bears last few years had Alshon and BM. Everyone said the Bears had two of the same WR's in Alshon and BM, two big possession type of WR', neither known to stretch the field with their speed or lack of. Also the Bears never had a Wes Welker type of WR.

If the everyone was healthy you now would have Alshon, your big possession type WR, your speed stretch the field wr in White and your wes welker type of wr in Eddie Royal. Not to mention Bennett and Forte.

Eddie Royal is now being asked to run the WR2 spot. You could maximize his abilities running him out of the slot.

Even if White turns out to be a bust Defenses will still have to game plan and account for White, he is 6'3 210 lbs and runs a legit 4.3 forty. No defense will just let him run down field without help. All he would have to do is make one play downfield and the defense would have to account for him the rest of the game.

My comment was about both Alshon and White being back. Ill say this, our offense should look better with a healthy Alshon back. That alone give you the option of having Alshon and Wilson on the outside and Royal in the slot where he should be. Adding a 6'3 210 lb 4.3 guy will only help the offense not to mention if you read about his traits he can jump for balls and attacks the ball making him very had to defend.

So when it comes to White, you have a player that has top end speed, quick, strong and can go up and get a jump ball. Having him in our line up will only help. I dont see where it will hurt the offense.

To go a little further on White, I have watched tape on him and read a lot of write up about him. His first year in WV offense he ran a very limited amount of routes, his second year he was asked to do a lot more, granted he did only play on the right side. I get where people are questioning if he will translate in the NFL. With a solid coaching staff White should be developed, I think the Bears have a good coaching staff that will develop him. If he was drafted when Lovie was here I would not be as confident.

Alshon yes, White no! We have no idea what White can do in this offense because he hasn't practiced or played in it. If you take two wrs from WVa recently drafted Austin and Bailey both on the Rams one (Austin) was an early first rounder how is he doing? There is something to be said about receivers from spread offenses having trouble transitioning in the NFL. I'm just wondering why I'm being ask to explain the fact that if you have never seen a player practice or play for a team, how can you know his abilties. I think that's a no brainer.

White(6'3") is a different type of animal than Austin(5'9") and Bailey(5'10"). They were all speed while White is more physical

White(6'3") is a different type of animal than Austin(5'9") and Bailey(5'10"). They were all speed while White is more physical

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tav...stin?id=2539336

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ste...iley?id=2540157

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/kev...hite?id=2552422

Tavon Austin 5'8 174, 4.34 forty, 14 reps on bench, 32 inch vert, 4.01 shuttle

Stedman bailey 5'10 193, 4.52, 11 reps on the bench, 34 inch vert, 4.09 shuttle

Kevin White 6'3 210, 4.35 forty, 23 reps on the bench, 36 inch vert, 4.14 shuttle

Just look at the write up's and the numbers. You tell me which guy should have the bigger impact in the NFL. White may not pan out but he has everything you could ever want in a WR other then a fracture.

He has the height, the weight, the strength, the speed, the jumping ability and the explosiveness. After reading up on him more today and watching more highlights I'm even more excited to see this guy in a Bears uniform.

He catches a lot of passes with his hands. He high points the ball very well, his speed jumps out on the screen.

I've heard 12 weeks is sort of the average recovery timeline for White's injury. That would put White out until 15NOV, which I would assume he would need a few weeks to get into some type of condition to play. Looking 2 weeks later, we face GB on Thanksgiving, wouldn't that be a cool time for him to make his debut? Now obviously I would not want him back doing anything until fully cleared to do so and I would also base the decision on our playoff potential at that point.

The description of Grasu from training camp wasn't a pretty one. Made it sound like he was at least a full year away and was not ready to start in the NFL. Just not anywhere near strong enough.

Yeah, I heard the same thing, I would have him start suiting up though and at least be on the sideline as a backup.

Kevin White doesn't have to be a pro bowl WR right out of the gate to have a major effect on this offense. The minute he plays in a game, he'll be the fastest player on the field more times than not. Speed is the #1 concern every opposing defensive coordinator must account for. As long as he can still run really fast, he's going to have an impact.

As for the Tavon Austin thing-- He's been pretty good since entering the league. Very explosive playmaker as a runner, receiver, and kick returner. I'd definitely take him in Chicago.

I think White will heal nicely and be available yet this season. He will have alot of learning to do though. I wouldn't expect much but would like to see him get the experience in.

I completely agree. It's much better to get him any kind of real game action. Of course once he's fully healthy and available to go

Kevin White doesn't have to be a pro bowl WR right out of the gate to have a major effect on this offense. The minute he plays in a game, he'll be the fastest player on the field more times than not. Speed is the #1 concern every opposing defensive coordinator must account for. As long as he can still run really fast, he's going to have an impact.

As for the Tavon Austin thing-- He's been pretty good since entering the league. Very explosive playmaker as a runner, receiver, and kick returner. I'd definitely take him in Chicago.

I know you were big on Austin entering the draft, but that isn't the type of player I want given how high the Rams took Austin. If White ended up to be Austin, I wouldn't be happy and I'd call it a bad pick. That said, Austin has had lousy QB play too.