Bears vs Oakland

Chitownhustla

Why the hell are we throwing there

Because he's been surgically tearing the Raiders apart with rocket outside passes and comebacks. It just so happens he threw this one with poor mechanics, off his back foot, and didn't have the zip needed to beat the DB. Something he does too much.

All in all, however, I'll take the stat line he has today every single game.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's been surgically tearing the Raiders apart with rocket outside passes and comebacks. It just so happens he threw this one with poor mechanics, off his back foot, and didn't have the zip needed to beat the DB. Something he does too much.

He has killed this year with the big turnover at the wrong time. Looks good for 90% of the game but then ....

Peace

Ok thx. I'm listening to game now so I can only get so much insight to what is said

You want to know what a bad recipe for a successful QB is? A questionable OL and questionable WRs. When the WRs don't get open right away, the OL can't hold their blocks. So basically the QB has to scramble every other play, keeping jittery feet behind the pocket until someone gets open, or he gets hit. Add in a reluctance of that QB to run, and you really have to give Cutler a lot of credit for what he's done today.

He's throwing absolute rockets today with pin-point accuracy.

Jay redeemed himself. But I want to really look at Wilson and royal finally stepping up. Hopefully we get Jeffrey back next week and we can hopefully see the offense take off. But Jay has got to stop this shit of 4th quarter picks. Couple years ago he was working 4th qtr comebacks. No excuses

Ah... That's more like it. Should've known Bennett would somehow get the blame. He made Cutler jump in the air and throw it. Can't get much leverage doing that ergo floating duck.

Never said Bennett deserves the blame. It was a bad throw, but Bennett still could have done a better job going after it more aggressively. I don't think he realized Woodson creeping up on him.

If u take everything into consideration

Injured hamstring, coming back earlier then expected

Injured o line Bushrod and now Montgomery

Alshon out

281 2 TD, 1 INT

Cutler looked great most of the game. A few passes were off, INT Should not have happened but I'll take this all day.

Jason, I agree with u!

Stated already but add Alshon and White and this offense can really be good.

You want to know what a bad recipe for a successful QB is? A questionable OL and questionable WRs. When the WRs don't get open right away, the OL can't hold their blocks. So basically the QB has to scramble every other play, keeping jittery feet behind the pocket until someone gets open, or he gets hit. Add in a reluctance of that QB to run, and you really have to give Cutler a lot of credit for what he's done today.

He's throwing absolute rockets today with pin-point accuracy.

Blah blah.. He played 'ok' not spectacular. Especially considering this was the 28th ranked D. Same excuse offered up against McCowns success a few years ago. When AND if he successfully continues the trend of playing at least mediocre then maybe I'll start believing the multitude of excuses.

Blah blah.. He played 'ok' not spectacular. Especially considering this was the 28th ranked D. Same excuse offered up against McCowns success a few years ago. When AND if he successfully continues the trend of playing at least mediocre then maybe I'll start believing the multitude of excuses.

Without Cutler we lose that game against the 28th ranked defense.

Cutler was great, other then that INT.

Without Cutler we lose that game against the 28th ranked defense.

Cutler was great, other then that INT.

Playing the devils advocate, we almost lost with and because of Cutler. But since I'm not a fan of "almosts", I'll ask the jury to ignore that comment.

That 'sloppy series' I referred to earlier almost nearly saw a close turnover when Cutler threw high on Bennett and had Bennett not been 6'6 (or whatever) and able to jump straight up, we'd very easily seen another turnover. But again that was an 'almost' so I beg your pardon.

I'd say improved, not "great".

Playing the devils advocate, we almost lost with and because of Cutler. But since I'm not a fan of "almosts", I'll ask the jury to ignore that comment.

That 'sloppy series' I referred to earlier almost nearly saw a close turnover when Cutler threw high on Bennett and had Bennett not been 6'6 (or whatever) and able to jump straight up, we'd very easily seen another turnover. But again that was an 'almost' so I beg your pardon.

I'd say improved, not "great".

I get the skepticism. It's just not something I agree with on a Bears level. He's the best we have with no other challenger. We can't continually compare him to QB's he'll never be. Sure, his pick almost cost us the game. But he's also the reason we had a chance. The 47 other guys have to chip in.

It amazes me that I keep seeing post that include White as a reason this offense is not clicking on all cylinders, Kevin White has not played a down preseason or regular season for the Bears and according to most draft scouts was an upside type player because of his lack of time against division I competition and playing in West VA's spread offense, meaning he would need coaching up on route running etc. Why is his name being constantly mentioned when he hasn't practiced much or played any downs for for this team? When I was at Bourbonaiss he might as well have been in a folding chair next to me. Please don't make him an excuse for poor execution by the players who have gone through a whole TC and can't get open and are still on the roster.

Example Mariani he adds nothing offensively and routinely makes no KO returns and makes a mistake per game on punt returns that has the offense starting deep all 4 games. Since he can't offer anything on offense why does he still have a roster spot?