The O-Line

lemonej

I thought the pick was a solid pick and really don't get the fact that he has been inactive as the only backup center. I understand the whole strength and point of attack negatives but that should have been found out on film before he was drafted or during minicamps, and OTAs before he got to TC so that he would know where he needs to improve.

His core strength needs to be better because he is not a big man. He has been working out really hard to improve, but probably will take more time to get where he needs to be. Then he turns into Olin Kreutz. Will be a good one, sometimes takes more than a year to get there, hopefully sooner than later.

I'll be holding my Breathe with every drop back for sure. As much as I do like the idea of giving grasu the ability to play now to see what he has. A form of on the job training. But I have to worry about Jay. He even admitted to as much that he's not able to scramble and move around. Granted Jay at 50% is still better than anything we have on the bench at 200% but the last thing I want to see is Jay have another 1 of those giants games from several years ago and then instead of the 1 game we are just looking at seeing even more of clausen and that scares the living shit out of me

I'll be holding my Breathe with every drop back for sure. As much as I do like the idea of giving grasu the ability to play now to see what he has. A form of on the job training. But I have to worry about Jay. He even admitted to as much that he's not able to scramble and move around. Granted Jay at 50% is still better than anything we have on the bench at 200% but the last thing I want to see is Jay have another 1 of those giants games from several years ago and then instead of the 1 game we are just looking at seeing even more of clausen and that scares the living shit out of me

With Cutler injured I would be holding my breath regardless of who is in. Ever since Cutler got here I have held my breath, one because of poor protection and two the dreaded INT.

Hey, maybe this kid from OR will surprise us just like Long.

The outside LBs of the Chiefs are the strength of their Dline: Houston and Tamba Hali. I'm not that worried about Houston against Long, and really not too worried about Hali against Leno. I might be crazy but Leno did ok last week against a speed rusher although Hali brings a lot more power to the game than what he saw last week. It is the stunts or other lineups with guys blitzing inside that worries me the most. Grasu is going to get challenged at the line a lot with inside-blitz fakes pre-snap.

If the protection can hold up I think Cutler will find open receivers. The Chiefs defense is not ranked that highly so far. They've played the Texans, Broncos, Packers, and Bengals. In scoring defense they are dead last ...even with Chicago. But in yards/game they are 28th giving up almost 400yds/gm while we are ranked 7th giving up 309 yds/gm. It is hard to say how our running game will go with so many backups on the Oline and WR. If we can find some confidence early we might be able to make some things happen.