Vic Fangio Fan Club

jason

This guy knows how to coach defense like we haven't seen in some time. He is getting a solid product on the field week after week, with improvements and adjustments. He's putting in new pieces, misfitting pieces, and still getting solid results. For the most part, the defense has been respectable, and I'm really impressed.

At this point, with the way the season is going, I'm thinking the Bears need to trust him, give him the toys he wants in the offseason, and let the offense rely on White's return/Jeffery's health.

I don't really want defense in round one early, but I'm slowly turning my opinion. I wouldn't be upset if they just said, "Screw it. Let's load up on defense and let Fangio's brilliance carry us."

1. Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss

2. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

3. Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

This guy knows how to coach defense like we haven't seen in some time. He is getting a solid product on the field week after week, with improvements and adjustments. He's putting in new pieces, misfitting pieces, and still getting solid results. For the most part, the defense has been respectable, and I'm really impressed.

At this point, with the way the season is going, I'm thinking the Bears need to trust him, give him the toys he wants in the offseason, and let the offense rely on White's return/Jeffery's health.

I don't really want defense in round one early, but I'm slowly turning my opinion. I wouldn't be upset if they just said, "Screw it. Let's load up on defense and let Fangio's brilliance carry us."

100% in on that fan club.....start a Gase one as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the personnel both Gase and Fangio are working with its been really impressive

Further proof why Fangio is wildly accepted as the best D-Coordinator in football. I just fear he and Gase will leave after the year when Gase inevitably gets a HC gig.

I feared Gase would get his shot next year, didnt even think he could potentially bring Fangio with him........Way to ruin my sunday......

I feared Gase would get his shot next year, didnt even think he could potentially bring Fangio with him........Way to ruin my sunday......

Gase was going to keep Fangio with him in SF had he been hired. The 49'ers wanted him to keep Tomsula instead, and Gase said no. Got to think that connection will stick if and when he eventually gets hired. It's really going to suck because they are both two of the best at their respective jobs.

I had no idea the Bears were already ranked as the #7 best defense in the NFL before this game. Now, they're last in ppg, but that Cardinals game really skewed the numbers a bit with Clausen in for half the game, as well as the special teams allowing free points all over the place, not just in that game, but in every game this season. I bet if you adjusted the ppg for the awful special teams play, they'd be in the top half of the league in that category as well.

Yeah but Bears don't have to let Fangio go unless he accepts a HC position somewhere. The only reason we were able to get him because of the odd situation in SF with Harbaugh and Tomsula.

Yeah but Bears don't have to let Fangio go unless he accepts a HC position somewhere. The only reason we were able to get him because of the odd situation in SF with Harbaugh and Tomsula.

Completely slipped my mind about the lateral move. Although, Fangio very well could, and probably should, get a HC look as well.

Cardholder.

Gase was going to keep Fangio with him in SF had he been hired. The 49'ers wanted him to keep Tomsula instead, and Gase said no. Got to think that connection will stick if and when he eventually gets hired. It's really going to suck because they are both two of the best at their respective jobs.

I heard that story either last week or two weeks ago on the score. It didn't even register that Fangio could go with Gase if Gase takes a HC job. But that is a moot point the Bears can block that.

Lets hope that both guys don't get HC gigs after this year.

Why does Gase or Fangio need to leave? Perhaps Pace has promised the keys to Halas Hall to whomever fixes Jay or gets a top 5 defense first over the next two years and Fox retires! Nothing wrong with competition!

Why does Gase or Fangio need to leave? Perhaps Pace has promised the keys to Halas Hall to whomever fixes Jay or gets a top 5 defense first over the next two years and Fox retires! Nothing wrong with competition!

They went over this very idea on the score today. Fox is only 60, and no insiders have said anything