Is the Kyle Long experiment over?

jason

? Wouldn't you like that they're thinking about moving him back?

They need to! He's a grade A as a G, and a D as a T...

I was sorta replying to the comment above about LT. Read the article. They're thinking that move more than our move.

I was sorta replying to the comment above about LT. Read the article. They're thinking that move more than our move.

What is the reason that a guy who stunk at RT would be better at LT? Do they think Long is a better fit their? If so, why wasn't he their to begin with (vs. play him at RT now and than move him to LT a year from now). To me if you are going to switch his position, move him back to guard.

I presume its the fact that RT's tend to be bigger and stronger and they watch the tape and see Long just isn't a good fit their, but what he does well would excel on the left side? The only way I endorse this move is if they think he can be a probowl type LT. If they do, fine, otherwise put the man back to his natural position, let him beast, and add a top pick at tackle (or use some FA money).

Either way, stud olineman and defensive playmaker are 1A and 1B on my wish list.

I kinda take all this as the beginning of the offseason smoke screen. If other teams don't know where Long is playing next year it's harder to predict our draft. In general this team hasn't strayed far from what we see so I can't really see them moving Long to LT when in fact Leno has been good there, better than Long has played at RT IMO. Long at LT might have been tossed out there just in case we sign someone at RT in FA. If I were Pace and company I'd leave this all right where it is no matter how much the fans and media want to know.