2. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Mich. St.

3. William Jackson, CB, Houston

4. Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio St.

5. Nelson Spruce, WR, Colorado

6. Brandon Shell, OT, S. Carolina

6. Jonathan Jones, CB, Auburn

6. Tajae Sharpe, WR, Mass.

7. Matt Judon, OLB, Grand Valley St.

Talk about a draft I hate. No ILB help? Doubling-up on DE? A QB I despise? This is close to as bad as it could be in my eyes.

Given the layout of when players are picked, this is possible:

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (He had a mediocre championship game, but stats don't lie)

2. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Mich. St. (I'm fine with one)

3. Scooby Wright, ILB/OLB, Arizona (Love me some Scooby, a steal in the 3rd, great pass rush potential as a rotation guy)

4. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon (He always seems to fit right here really well. Sits for a year or )

5. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (I like him. He's got just enough swagger to remind me of Phillip Rivers.)

6. Tyler Higbee, TE, WKU (Good size and production)

6. Cole Croston, OT/OG, Iowa (Underrated, good pedigree, probably an OG in the pros)

, ILB, WVU (It's unfathomable to me he's a 6-7 round guy, and late 7 in this one. He's a tackling machine with great pursuit.)

7. Ryan Switzer, WR-PR, UNC (Given that he's not even listed, he'd be an absolutely monstrous steal at this point.)

Draft Site

1. Deforest Buckner, DE, Oregon

Talk about a draft I hate. No ILB help? Doubling-up on DE? A QB I despise? This is close to as bad as it could be in my eyes.

1. Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama (He had a mediocre championship game, but stats don't lie)

3. Scooby Wright, ILB/OLB, Arizona (Love me some Scooby, a steal in the 3rd, great pass rush potential as a rotation guy)

4. Tyler Johnstone, OT, Oregon (He always seems to fit right here really well. Sits for a year or )

5. Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford (I like him. He's got just enough swagger to remind me of Phillip Rivers.)

6. Cole Croston, OT/OG, Iowa (Underrated, good pedigree, probably an OG in the pros)

, ILB, WVU (It's unfathomable to me he's a 6-7 round guy, and late 7 in this one. He's a tackling machine with great pursuit.)

7. Ryan Switzer, WR-PR, UNC (Given that he's not even listed, he'd be an absolutely monstrous steal at this point.)

Draftsite must be automated because a while back, they had the Bears selecting 5 CB's. I am also not a fan on their player rankings. I like drafteks latest, ill post it shortly.

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Drafttek 7 round:

1-A'Shawn Robinson DL Alabama

2-Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

3-John Theus OT Georgia

4-Tyler Matakevick ILB Temple

5-Brandon Facyson CB Auburn

6-Ethan Pocic OG LSU

6-Joe Schobert OLB WIS

6-Aziz Shittu OLB DE Stanford

7-Tajae Sharp WR Mass

Not the worst and pretty realistic. I would like ILB higher, but Matekevick is not a slouch. Kearse looked lost in the title game, maybe Donatell can work more magic.

Draft Site

FYI, Calhoun would be an OLB in a 3-4, so I don't like the pick in their mock because I think we're fine at OLB, and I don't like the pick in yours because he's not a 3-4 DE.

Also not a fan of a Ragland/Scooby combo because neither are particularly good in coverage.

I'll do a mock based on this later.

Jason,

The first draft is hot garbage, yours is clearly better. Cardale Jones and no ILB?

I am seeing a trend with these compilation sites (like Walter Football, etc) where they are really becoming watered down and the mocks have been for the most part unrealistic. I like the sites that have team "experts" or enthusiasts draft for their teams, as those at least seem a little better at targeting team needs.

FYI, Calhoun would be an OLB in a 3-4, so I don't like the pick in their mock because I think we're fine at OLB, and I don't like the pick in yours because he's not a 3-4 DE.

Also not a fan of a Ragland/Scooby combo because neither are particularly good in coverage.

I'll do a mock based on this later.

I thought he was bigger, like 270ish. Yeah, not a great pick for 3-4 DE. Like you, I'm pretty content with OLB.

I LOOOOVE the Ragland/Scooby combo. They aren't the best in coverage, but they're adequate. What I do like is the fact they're both tackling machines.

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Drafttek 7 round:

1-A'Shawn Robinson DL Alabama

2-Jayron Kearse SS Clemson

3-John Theus OT Georgia

4-Tyler Matakevick ILB Temple

5-Brandon Facyson CB Auburn

6-Ethan Pocic OG LSU

6-Joe Schobert OLB WIS

6-Aziz Shittu OLB DE Stanford

7-Tajae Sharp WR Mass

Not the worst and pretty realistic. I would like ILB higher, but Matekevick is not a slouch. Kearse looked lost in the title game, maybe Donatell can work more magic.

I like the concept behind the draft. It's diverse. But I would like at least two ILBs in any Chicago Bears mock draft. Getting two OLBs and not two ILBs says that site didn't do their homework. I do like the Pocic pick, however, he's got great versatility.

Jason,

The first draft is hot garbage, yours is clearly better. Cardale Jones and no ILB?

I am seeing a trend with these compilation sites (like Walter Football, etc) where they are really becoming watered down and the mocks have been for the most part unrealistic. I like the sites that have team "experts" or enthusiasts draft for their teams, as those at least seem a little better at targeting team needs.

They're always watered down around thus time.

If the draft played out like this, I would go with....

(Adding OG Osemele, ILB Trevathon, FS Iloka. Bringing back Alshon, Miller, Porter, Montgomery)

1R. DeForest Buckner DL- IMO, the DL lacks length, and Buckner brings a lot of that. I remember reading something like everyone on the 9ers DL when Fangio was there had 35 inch arms or longer. Longest arms the Bears had last year were 33 1/4 inch and that was Jenkins who is just meh.

2R. Su'a Cravens ILB- I love the idea of Cravens at ILB. I know people will say "Fangio will alter to the talent he has" but if the opportunity to do something similar to what made his SF Ds so good present themselves then why not? His ILBs were really good in coverage, and that was sorely missed here in Chicago. Cravens with his safety background would be really nice. I think I would prefer him to even Ragland.

3R- William Jackson CB- I like this pick by them. Good size, on the preseason Thorpe, Nagurski, and Bednarik watch list. I think Port comes back but he's always been an injury concern and he's long in the tooth. Callahan looked like he could be a quality #3, but after him, Porter, and Fuller there is nothing there.

4R- Tyler Johnstone OT- Competition for Leno. Another Duck.

5R- Kevin Hogan QB- He did a lot of things Gase/Loggains did with Jay with roll outs and moving the pocket. With that Stanford education and already running a similar defense, I think he's a really good prospect to sit behind Jay for a year or 2 and possibly take the step forward to being a solid starter.

6R- Dadi Nicolas OLB- HIGHLY doubt he drops this far, but if he does, boy howdy! Coming into this past season he was getting talk as a 1st rounder, but his production fell way off this year. He's still a freak project to take on and sit for a bit behind McPhee, Houston, and Young.

6R- Byron Marshall RB- A nice little scat back for behind Langford and Carey. Also takes over return duties.

6R- Nick Vannett TE- While not productive in college, I've read that scouts think he can be an NFL starter. I think Marty stays, but no chance he resigns the following year.

7R- Shaq Anthony OG- Thinking more about this, should probably hit an OG a little earlier. Though I suppose is Slauson or Osemele go down, you can move Long in and play Johnstone/Tayo.

(Adding OG Osemele, ILB Trevathon, FS Iloka. Bringing back Alshon, Miller, Porter, Montgomery)

1R. DeForest Buckner DL- IMO, the DL lacks length, and Buckner brings a lot of that. I remember reading something like everyone on the 9ers DL when Fangio was there had 35 inch arms or longer. Longest arms the Bears had last year were 33 1/4 inch and that was Jenkins who is just meh.

2R. Su'a Cravens ILB- I love the idea of Cravens at ILB. I know people will say "Fangio will alter to the talent he has" but if the opportunity to do something similar to what made his SF Ds so good present themselves then why not? His ILBs were really good in coverage, and that was sorely missed here in Chicago. Cravens with his safety background would be really nice. I think I would prefer him to even Ragland.

3R- William Jackson CB- I like this pick by them. Good size, on the preseason Thorpe, Nagurski, and Bednarik watch list. I think Port comes back but he's always been an injury concern and he's long in the tooth. Callahan looked like he could be a quality #3, but after him, Porter, and Fuller there is nothing there.

5R- Kevin Hogan QB- He did a lot of things Gase/Loggains did with Jay with roll outs and moving the pocket. With that Stanford education and already running a similar defense, I think he's a really good prospect to sit behind Jay for a year or 2 and possibly take the step forward to being a solid starter.

6R- Dadi Nicolas OLB- HIGHLY doubt he drops this far, but if he does, boy howdy! Coming into this past season he was getting talk as a 1st rounder, but his production fell way off this year. He's still a freak project to take on and sit for a bit behind McPhee, Houston, and Young.

6R- Byron Marshall RB- A nice little scat back for behind Langford and Carey. Also takes over return duties.

6R- Nick Vannett TE- While not productive in college, I've read that scouts think he can be an NFL starter. I think Marty stays, but no chance he resigns the following year.

7R- Shaq Anthony OG- Thinking more about this, should probably hit an OG a little earlier. Though I suppose is Slauson or Osemele go down, you can move Long in and play Johnstone/Tayo.

Intrigued by Cravens, they compare him to Shaq Thompson. Thompson hasn't played much due to Carolinas depth so it is hard to gauge a similiar athlete. I think we both feel adding strength on the Dline is a big factor. The Buckner pick would not disappoint me because he has tremendous length and power to draw double teams. Having that benefit would go a long ways at helpng the LBs . Jackson had a good bowl game and seems like a capable guy to develop. I might double dip on CBs and take a flier on Llyod Carrington with a 5th/6th. I am not sure about Johnstone, he has had a lot of work done on those knees. If they are really sticking with Long outside, I think a guy better suited at G would be the pick. Nicholas would be a great situational pass rusher that can develop.

Intrigued by Cravens, they compare him to Shaq Thompson. Thompson hasn't played much due to Carolinas depth so it is hard to gauge a similiar athlete. I think we both feel adding strength on the Dline is a big factor. The Buckner pick would not disappoint me because he has tremendous length and power to draw double teams. Having that benefit would go a long ways at helpng the LBs . Jackson had a good bowl game and seems like a capable guy to develop. I might double dip on CBs and take a flier on Llyod Carrington with a 5th/6th. I am not sure about Johnstone, he has had a lot of work done on those knees. If they are really sticking with Long outside, I think a guy better suited at G would be the pick. Nicholas would be a great situational pass rusher that can develop.

Deone Bucannon is another solid comparison to Cravens. 6'1" 211 pound(throw the Cravens is too small argument out the window)former safety who lead the 4th ranked Cardinals D in tackles(112) at the ILB position.

As for the Guard comment, I noted bringing in Kelechi Osemele in free agency. I drafted Johnstone tie compete with Leno.

Deone Bucannon is another solid comparison to Cravens. 6'1" 211 pound(throw the Cravens is too small argument out the window)former safety who lead the 4th ranked Cardinals D in tackles(112) at the ILB position.

As for the Guard comment, I noted bringing in Kelechi Osemele in free agency. I drafted Johnstone tie compete with Leno.

I was huge on Bucannon last year. Thought he would be huge in round 2, but his value was better and he has not disapponted. I would be good with Cravens, who people compare his intensity and IQ to Troy Polomolu.

I am still not sure Johnstone would be a good investment with his injuries. The Oregon connection would be fun, but we need durabiliy with a 4th round pick. Maybe Joe Haeg, Avery Young, or Halapoulivaati Vaitai would be better for LT or Denver Kirkland, Brandon Schell for RT/G. Get someone capable of starting if needed, not saying Johnstone couldn't be 100%, but knees take year on big men.

What are your thoughts on A'Shawn Robinson at 5T if we had a choice of Buckner or him? I don't know how he projects on the edge in a 3-4, were I feel Buckener or even Oakman would be solid.

I was huge on Bucannon last year. Thought he would be huge in round 2, but his value was better and he has not disapponted. I would be good with Cravens, who people compare his intensity and IQ to Troy Polomolu.

I am still not sure Johnstone would be a good investment with his injuries. The Oregon connection would be fun, but we need durabiliy with a 4th round pick. Maybe Joe Haeg, Avery Young, or Halapoulivaati Vaitai would be better for LT or Denver Kirkland, Brandon Schell for RT/G. Get someone capable of starting if needed, not saying Johnstone couldn't be 100%, but knees take year on big men.

What are your thoughts on A'Shawn Robinson at 5T if we had a choice of Buckner or him? I don't know how he projects on the edge in a 3-4, were I feel Buckener or even Oakman would be solid.

I'm not that big on Robinson in the top 15 or really as a pick for the Bears at all. I think we need to bring in a DLineman who provides some pass rush and Robinson isn't really that guy. He made 11 combined sacks and tackles for loss, Buckner made 27.5.

I honestly haven't looked that much into offensive players yet this year, gonna have to check in on offensive linemen.

If I knew Buckner would last to #15 and STL would trade up for a QB, this would be my draft. We gain a 2nd and 3rd.

free agents: extend- Jeffery, Forte, Unrein, Miller, Montgomery, Thompson, McClellin, Porter. Big FA Trevathon

1-15 Buckner DT

2 Su'a Cravens LB

2 Cody Whitehair G

3-William Jackson CB

3-Miles Killebrew SS

4-Joe Haeg OT

5-Lloyd Carrington CB

6-Hogan, Prissett QB

6-Dadi Nicolas OLB

6-Tyler Higbee TE

7-Ryan Switzer WR or Tyler Ervin RB

This team would be stacked with talented youth and speed. The FA signings extensions would be short term on Forte, McClellin, Porter, Unrein, and Montgomery, 2 year deals. The 2017 draft would go:

1-QB

2-OLB

3-TE or G

It would be sick to think how good this team could be if Pace nails the 2016 draft

You'll have to explain what you're seeing out of Craven's to warrant a 2nd Rd pick, at least as a LB. I watched a couple of Craven's games and I'm not that impressed. USC vs. Stanford and USC vs. Notre Dame. I see a guy who is a good college player but he's easily blocked by either Oline, TE, or FB. He seems to be a disciplined player, sets the edge, hits the right gap, etc. but I don't see a lot of speed or quickness to get around blocks, and not a lot of strength to get through them. He's a good tackler, he's ok in coverage. USC used him all over the field, DE/OLB, slot coverage, Safety. I think he'd be at his best as a SS, maybe lining up more in-the-box. At ILB he looks like another SMC.

I think the comparison to the Cardinals Bucannon is valid in terms of their skill set. While I realize what the Cards do with Bucannon I don't want a 211lb ILB. Bucannon does well on some plays but on others he gets washed out of position. It's kind of a boom or bust proposition. Using a guy like Bucannon/Cravens in the box is good option on passing downs that can both cover and tackle. When you go against a strong running game on early downs he's not meant for battling around the Oline the way guys like Ragland, or even Timu, can.

You'll have to explain what you're seeing out of Craven's to warrant a 2nd Rd pick, at least as a LB. I watched a couple of Craven's games and I'm not that impressed. USC vs. Stanford and USC vs. Notre Dame. I see a guy who is a good college player but he's easily blocked by either Oline, TE, or FB. He seems to be a disciplined player, sets the edge, hits the right gap, etc. but I don't see a lot of speed or quickness to get around blocks, and not a lot of strength to get through them. He's a good tackler, he's ok in coverage. USC used him all over the field, DE/OLB, slot coverage, Safety. I think he'd be at his best as a SS, maybe lining up more in-the-box. At ILB he looks like another SMC.

I think the comparison to the Cardinals Bucannon is valid in terms of their skill set. While I realize what the Cards do with Bucannon I don't want a 211lb ILB. Bucannon does well on some plays but on others he gets washed out of position. It's kind of a boom or bust proposition. Using a guy like Bucannon/Cravens in the box is good option on passing downs that can both cover and tackle. When you go against a strong running game on early downs he's not meant for battling around the Oline the way guys like Ragland, or even Timu, can.

I think that's a fair analysis on him. My biggest worry is correcting the problems we had in the middle of the field, and that is where Cravens will help. What he can provide in coverage isn't comparable to SMC. I agree with nearly every publication that are calling him a LB in the NFL.

Cravens is 235 FWIW, I just threw out the.comp and too small thing because there were posters previously calling him too small. Battling around. LInemen can be tought, instincts can't.

I think for what the team needs, Cravens is a fit.

I think that's a fair analysis on him. My biggest worry is correcting the problems we had in the middle of the field, and that is where Cravens will help. What he can provide in coverage isn't comparable to SMC. I agree with nearly every publication that are calling him a LB in the NFL.

Cravens is 235 FWIW, I just threw out the.comp and too small thing because there were posters previously calling him too small. Battling around. LInemen can be tought, instincts can't.

I think for what the team needs, Cravens is a fit.

FWIW Cravens is 225 lbs. As a ILB he will be to small to play there in the NFL. Arizona has got a lot of mileage out of Buchanan but he wont stay there for very long, you can get production out of smaller players but if you look at history they dont hold up over long career. He could play a SS and in sub packages line up at ILB, he is a good football player but fitting in a system that uses his talent wisely will get him a starter job but at SS. He is great in coverage, but does get blocked easily, as AZ brought up.

Draft Site

I like your draft except for Ragland... I'd try trading down a bit and drafting smith from Notre dame... he's a better athlete and may just drop a bit with his injury... Ragland isn't as fast and I've read that he's more of a 2 down backer... smith and Scooby wright= scarey fast defense! Then whatever you get for trading down, use on best cb available...

I like your draft except for Ragland... I'd try trading down a bit and drafting smith from Notre dame... he's a better athlete and may just drop a bit with his injury... Ragland isn't as fast and I've read that he's more of a 2 down backer... smith and Scooby wright= scarey fast defense! Then whatever you get for trading down, use on best cb available...

I would have no problem trading down for Smith, but I'm sure a lot will disagree. I kinda look at like drafting a QB in the first round(I wouldn't be apposed if I believed in any of them this year). Sign Trevathon and play him next to Timu until Smith is ready. Having Trevathon/Smith next to eachother would be incredible for the future of the franchise.

I would have no problem trading down for Smith, but I'm sure a lot will disagree. I kinda look at like drafting a QB in the first round(I wouldn't be apposed if I believed in any of them this year). Sign Trevathon and play him next to Timu until Smith is ready. Having Trevathon/Smith next to eachother would be incredible for the future of the franchise.

I'm still shocked anyone thinks a first round QB is good for this Bears team. That is insane in my opinion.