How do we spend 15 million???

bradjock

After the Bennett trade, and after the rookie pool, and including the ridiculous Alshon Jeffrey cap his, we STILL have 15 million to spend. The Bears have been good about spending the maximum amount. We typically annually do some roll-over where we have 5 million extra to spend each year.

We have 15 million to spend and I can't think of a single notable free agent we need to worry about resining next year. How the hell are we going to spend 15 million?

After the Bennett trade, and after the rookie pool, and including the ridiculous Alshon Jeffrey cap his, we STILL have 15 million to spend. The Bears have been good about spending the maximum amount. We typically annually do some roll-over where we have 5 million extra to spend each year.

We have 15 million to spend and I can't think of a single notable free agent we need to worry about resining next year. How the hell are we going to spend 15 million?

Lock up Long and Jeffery.

I think they have one more 3 year 12 mil deal left to make, not sure who that would be. We could use a S, another DL or a CB

Who knows maybe someone will get cut after the draft that's worth while to sign.

I've heard exactly zero on this front, but what about Russell Okung? Just 27, which fits the Pace offseason strategy. Injury history is bad, but if healthy he gives you a top 5 LT and incredible O-line and shifts Leno to swing tackle.

I would love Kam but with him being a headache in Seattle, I have a feeling they might not go after him. I know the headache he has caused is over money and the Bears could give him said money, but still something tells me they wouldn't go that route. Would love to be wrong though.

Tony Jefferson would be at the top of my list. He's been a solid playmaker at safety, young, and while he is a RFA, there would be no draft pick attached.

I've heard exactly zero on this front, but what about Russell Okung? Just 27, which fits the Pace offseason strategy. Injury history is bad, but if healthy he gives you a top 5 LT and incredible O-line and shifts Leno to swing tackle.

From what I've read, he has a few offers on the table and is expected to make a decision this week. Wouldn't mind the Bears getting in on the action.

We can pick up the option for Long's 5th year. That means he's guaranteed to be with the team for two more years. Do teams extend guys two years out? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it just doesn't happen much. The fact that the next guy we are worried about losing is two years away is a statement to how bad this team is.

I assume we extend Jeffery. But that would likely lower his cap hit. Team don't want to franchise players because the immediate cap hit is so great. That 15 million available assumes that he will be a full 16 million cap hit. Even if we extend him we'll still probably have 15 million to spend.