Connor Cook to visit with Bears

DABEARSDABOMB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...th-bears-49ers/

Bears are clearly taking a QB somewhere in the first few rounds (given who are current back-ups are) and the fact that we are meeting with practically every QB (or so it seems).

I don't think I've read ANYTHING good about Cook. What I have read is that he can't throw, isn't accurate, even short range, and is no leader (Not chosen a captain). So I would not roll the dice on this kid. But we do need to bring up QBs via the draft.

I don't think I've read ANYTHING good about Cook. What I have read is that he can't throw, isn't accurate, even short range, and is no leader (Not chosen a captain). So I would not roll the dice on this kid. But we do need to bring up QBs via the draft.

The leader comment is the typical MO on him. Against the blitz he's rated very well, he has all the tools, performed very well in a pro style offense, etc. If it weren't for this "leadership" question mark because he wasn't anointed captain, he'd be a surefire 1st round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/con...cook?id=2555332

Here is one draft write up. Some guys hate the idea of drafting him, not sure how I feel about it. In the 3rd I could probably come around to it.

Things I like after reading up on him

1. Size - 6'4 (can see the field easily)

2. Plus arm strength

3. Quick release

4. scans the field well, doesn't throw into safety coverage

As for the leadership question, Conklin came out to his defense about the leadership question.... Just a thought

The leader comment is the typical MO on him. Against the blitz he's rated very well, he has all the tools, performed very well in a pro style offense, etc. If it weren't for this "leadership" question mark because he wasn't anointed captain, he'd be a surefire 1st round pick.

Nothing can erase his poor accuracy and inconsistency.

What was everyone's opinion of Kirk Cousins coming out?

Watched a bunch of his college games. Never really paid a ton of attention to him during draft time because I didn't think the Bears would draft him. Thought he was a solid college QB, didn't expect much out of him in the NFL. It will be interesting to see if he sustains the level of play we saw last year.

Where does he rate well against the blitz? Wasn't PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/...rt-connor-cook/

Struggled under pressure as his 53.4 percent accuracy percentage ranked 23rd in the class and only one of his 24 touchdowns came while pressured

That scouting report kinda reminds me of Jay Cutler, but Cook doesn't really have the mobility of Cutler.

Brandon Doughty in the 4th is my hope. I've seen a few WTF balls, but more often than not he is money.