OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY 3 THREAD

bradjock

Big day today! Draft Picks:

Round 4: picks #19 (117) #26 (124) #29 (127)

Round 5: pick #11 (150)

Round 6: picks #10 (185) & #31 (206)

Round 7: pick #9 (230)

I'm glad it's raining here in Central Illinois so I have the perfect excuse to waste the entire day following the draft!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pace's BPA approach doesn't lend itself to prediction, but I'm thinking we see QB, RB, and DB in the 4th.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Round 4 would also be a good place to pick up a TE. Jerell Adams would be a nice get for the Bears.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Round 4 would also be a good place to pick up a TE. Jerell Adams would be a nice get for the Bears.

What I would like to see today , however it shakes out

Kevin Hogan/QB or Brandon Allen

Deandre Houston-Carson/S or Killabrew

Keneth Dixon,Paul Perkins, or Justin Howard-----------late round Tyler Ervin/RB

Adams or Morgan/TE

Mo Canady, LeShawn Sims or Deiondre Hall/CB

Dean Lowdry, Quintin Jefferson/DL

Pharoh Cooper,Jordon Payton/WR

Scobby Wright or Ty Holmes/OLB

I'm hoping for

Zach Sanchez, Harlan Miller, or my personal favorite Jalen Mills(to play CB)

Jarrel Adams

Dak Prescott.

As the 3 picks in the 4th.

Call me crazy but I think Rolle has another year starting at S. Draft a S in the 5th to go along with Jones-Quarterly, have them learn under Rolle for a year then compete for the spot next year.

Bears do still have a hole at swing tackle. Maybe Kyle Murphy or Jerald Hawkins are considerations?

Yeah, but we have a glut of guards. You feel like Slausson, Grasu, and Long are the starting interior o-lineman. Ted Larson is a starting caliber player and Ramirez is a really good back-up who can play multiple positions. Then we add Whitehair who Nolan Nawrocki listed as the 34th best player available in the draft. It really makes me wonder if we'll see Kyle Long at LT.

Yeah, but we have a glut of guards. You feel like Slausson, Grasu, and Long are the starting interior o-lineman. Ted Larson is a starting caliber player and Ramirez is a really good back-up who can play multiple positions. Then we add Whitehair who Nolan Nawrocki listed as the 34th best player available in the draft. It really makes me wonder if we'll see Kyle Long at LT.

Bolded...I hope not. We saw that at RT he was not nearly as effective as he was at RG. He's a stud RG, a potential HOFer. He's an average RT. And LT is traditionally harder than RT.

I really hope Whitehair is going to be given a shot at LT. He played very well there. All the short arm/long arm stuff is somewhat overrated in my opinion. If a guy with X length arms hits at full extension, and a guy with X+2" length arms hits with a little bent elbow, it ends up being a wash. It also has to do with hip lowering, body angle, thrust, and a variety of other body angles that make blockers good or bad.

Bolded...I hope not. We saw that at RT he was not nearly as effective as he was at RG. He's a stud RG, a potential HOFer. He's an average RT. And LT is traditionally harder than RT.

I really hope Whitehair is going to be given a shot at LT. He played very well there. All the short arm/long arm stuff is somewhat overrated in my opinion. If a guy with X length arms hits at full extension, and a guy with X+2" length arms hits with a little bent elbow, it ends up being a wash. It also has to do with hip lowering, body angle, thrust, and a variety of other body angles that make blockers good or bad.

Agreed 100% about Kyle Long.

As for Whitehair, it's not just the arms, it's the fact he's 6-3 3/4. That's prototypical guard height. Granted Leno is 6-3 but I'll bet he has much better arm length. Meanwhile, Bobbie Massie is 6-6, Kyle Long is 6-6, and Fabaluje is 6-6.

Agreed 100% about Kyle Long.

As for Whitehair, it's not just the arms, it's the fact he's 6-3 3/4. That's prototypical guard height. Granted Leno is 6-3 but I'll bet he has much better arm length. Meanwhile, Bobbie Massie is 6-6, Kyle Long is 6-6, and Fabaluje is 6-6.

Bears traded up to 15th in the 4th round

Traded up to 113 and selected Nick Kwiatkowski, LB.

We traded up in the 4th for a 6th round pick to draft a guy projected in the 5th-6th?

I am absolutely baffled by Pace's trades. The first move down in the 2nd was fine, but every other one seems like we are losing the deal.

I think he's a special teams guy.

I also think we are assuming we are set at positions because were used to mediocrity. It may well be that this team needs competition at every position.

Building depth, building a team long term. Same with the OG pick.

Well then...

He is a tackling machine , projected inside, probably will be grooved to take Freeman place in two years. He is a very good player. they are adding good players, they dont care where they play.

Had the fourth highest rating run draft grade for ILBers in all of college football

Traded up to 113 and selected Nick Kwiatkowski, LB.

We traded up in the 4th for a 6th round pick to draft a guy projected in the 5th-6th?

I am absolutely baffled by Pace's trades. The first move down in the 2nd was fine, but every other one seems like we are losing the deal.

Which projection? Nolan Noawrocki had him listed as a 3-4th rounder and the #86 player overall. Based on that scale, getting #86 at #115 is good value. Well worth throwing in an extra 7th round pick.