Slauson released

adam

While nobody signed Urlacher, make no mistake, the team suffered. They were noticeably worse on D the next year, and obviously lacked leadership. His last year they were a damn good defense, and the year after they were one of the worst in the NFL.

Player leadership is overrated. There's pry 20 different coaches working with a 53 man roster. Tucker sucked while Fangio turned a bunch of guys who shouldn't be in the NFL into a decent group.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you guys so quickly forget how influential Urlacher was to the D. When he was in there, things went well. Plays were called. He covered things the right way. Without Urlacher, many things didn't work as well or efficiently. He wasn't the only reason for the downfall, but he was a damn big part.

Slausson certainly isn't Urlacher, but let's hope his departure is dissimilar in terms of how the team performs.

I can't believe you guys so quickly forget how influential Urlacher was to the D. When he was in there, things went well. Plays were called. He covered things the right way. Without Urlacher, many things didn't work as well or efficiently. He wasn't the only reason for the downfall, but he was a damn big part.

Slausson certainly isn't Urlacher, but let's hope his departure is dissimilar in terms of how the team performs.

I think Long is the true leader of the OLine and with a vet like Massie there, we wont have any issues going forward.

Good luck to Slauson, he was obviously loved by his teammates and fans of Chicago. He brought a nastiness, leadership, and knowledge of every position of the line and reading defenses that you rarely hear about.

I wish him great success in San Diego with a team that could desperately use his help.

Good luck to Slauson, he was obviously loved by his teammates and fans of Chicago. He brought a nastiness, leadership, and knowledge of every position of the line and reading defenses that you rarely hear about.

I wish him great success in San Diego with a team that could desperately use his help.

Seen where SD drafted a center in the third round, so Matt may be a transitional player if the rookie has anything going for him. He should win a starter spot,but it won't be given to him.