Bears at Texans Game Thread

adam

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the reasoning for why the Bears got rid of Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte, but watching the offense lose talented players like that over the course of the last 2 years has been tough to watch. I can't help but wonder how bad the offense is going to be next year if they lose Alshon in free agency.

I understand the reasoning for why the Bears got rid of Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, and Matt Forte, but watching the offense lose talented players like that over the course of the last 2 years has been tough to watch. I can't help but wonder how bad the offense is going to be next year if they lose Alshon in free agency.

How would our future look with a 32/33/31 old wr/RB/ TE? Not sure how accurate those ages are. Pace and Fox took this over knowing it would take a few years to restock this old depleted roster. Guys like BM and MB don't have the patience for rebuilds. Forte would have been fine but Pace and Fox commited to getting young, they have to let these young players get game time.

The line will figure it out. White to learn. We will be alright.

I also think we are headed in the right direction. Or issue right now is inexperience and no depth at all. Considering who we played I thought the oline played decent. JJ watt was held in check for the majority of the game. Not many can claim that. I saw a huge improvement at the LB position. The dline couldn't get pressure on the QB which was a problem last year. I saw an improvement at the WR position. Best game for royal as a bear easily. The jury is still out on white. Was his 1st game as a pro.