Trading down

jason

What's the best, most realistic trade you can see for the Bears?

The requirements pretty much have to be:

1. Trade value similarity

2. A team that might make a huge move because of extra picks

3. A team that might take a huge gamble

4. A move up to get a player that is unlikely to fall

I have been looking at this for a while, trying to crunch numbers, and I finally found one that I think is very intriguing.

Chicago trades 1.3 (2200)

Cleveland trades 1.12 (1200), 2.33 (580), 2.52 (380)

1. 2200 & 2160

2. Cleveland is in rare position to energize their franchise. Two first rounders and ten picks overall.

3. Cleveland is not known for making moves that are well-respected.

4. Such a move would allow them to grab Myles Garrett at #1 overall, and then likely grab their #1 QB in the draft, whoever that may be. This would be the type of move that would get me pretty hyped up if I were a Cleveland fan.

Unlikely? Probably. But I'd love it.

I have been looking at this for a while, trying to crunch numbers, and I finally found one that I think is very intriguing.

1. 2200 & 2160

2. Cleveland is in rare position to energize their franchise. Two first rounders and ten picks overall.

4. Such a move would allow them to grab Myles Garrett at #1 overall, and then likely grab their #1 QB in the draft, whoever that may be. This would be the type of move that would get me pretty hyped up if I were a Cleveland fan.

I'd love that too. They could actually do this but still suck enough to again pick in the top 5. Then repeat the exact same deal and trade both 2nd Rd picks to guarantee themselves another shot at a good QB in 2018.

I had proposed this elsewhere as a Browns trade down: Trade #3 to Browns for #12, #33, #108 (4th round), #187 (6th round) and a future 3rd.

The other one I could see is the Jets moving up from #6 to #3 to by packaging #6 and #39 (total of 2110 pts) to jump ahead of the Jaguars and get Fournette. They need a jolt and have two third round picks which might mitigate the loss of their 2nd round pick.

1. 2200 & 2160

I think it is in the plans. Maybe not down as far, but enough to get them an extra 2nd and 3rd. They can go many directions in prospects, just need someone to fall for an Allen or possibly Thomas to do it. Whether they take QB or not rd1, I think they want ammo to trade back up to get one like Watson.

I think it is in the plans. Maybe not down as far, but enough to get them an extra 2nd and 3rd. They can go many directions in prospects, just need someone to fall for an Allen or possibly Thomas to do it. Whether they take QB or not rd1, I think they want ammo to trade back up to get one like Watson.

No way we can trade down. The problem is it's Myles Garrett and then you have like 10 other guys who could go #2.

I could see if we had the #1 pick--a team wanting to switch with us to get Garrett. I could see if we had the #2 pick, while it's not likely, a team moves up to get what they perceive to be the best QB.

At #3 we are screwed. Damn I wish we'd have lost to San Fran.

The chance of us finding a trade partner is probably slim to none unless Cleveland and the 49ers help us and to do this they would have to take QB's 1 and 2. If this was a strong class I could see that but with all of the questions marks against the top 3 QB's I can't see it.

Looking a Cleveland there is going to be 1 of the 3 available at pick 12 so why not take Garrett. The 49ers may take a QB because it would be a long wait until the 2nd round unless they will trade back in later on. To be honest for QB if the trade was not going to hurt the team trading back into the first for a QB is good because of the 5th year option you can pick up. If the QB needs 2 years to develop you would have another 3 years with a cost effective deal.

So what do we do at 3. I like the safeties Adams and Hooker but we still need more studs in the front so we should take either Allen or Thomas and essentially there would be no drop off from either. Hopefully we won't be in this position again so it would be nice to draft a player that hopefully could be a perennial all pro and a hall of famer.

I would target safety, cornerback, tight end and QB with the next three picks hoping the best available player falls into one of those positions when it's our turn to pick.

No way we can trade down. The problem is it's Myles Garrett and then you have like 10 other guys who could go #2.

I could see if we had the #1 pick--a team wanting to switch with us to get Garrett. I could see if we had the #2 pick, while it's not likely, a team moves up to get what they perceive to be the best QB.

At #3 we are screwed. Damn I wish we'd have lost to San Fran.

The only way a tradecgets done is we are on the,clock so we and other teams know the first two picks. If Garrett is there ,we're not trading the pick.