Interesting mock

jason

While most of us are all about DE, S, CB, QB, there hasn't been much talk about OLB as a selection.

1. Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

2. TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin

3. Cooper Kupp, WR, EWU

4. Justin Evans, S, TX A&M

4. Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

5. George Kittle, TE, Iowa

7. Mack Hollins, WR, UNC

Read his rationale here. I don't like doubling up on WR, but that's a different take than we've been seeing lately.

While most of us are all about DE, S, CB, QB, there hasn't been much talk about OLB as a selection.

3. Cooper Kupp, WR, EWU

7. Mack Hollins, WR, UNC

Read his rationale here. I don't like doubling up on WR, but that's a different take than we've been seeing lately.

I think they will value edge rusher more that most other positions and can see us grabbing one in the first 3 rounds.

The value in this draft is CBs, Ss,TEs,and WRs. I see us taking one of each of these positions.

That draft would make me very happy.

I don't have the information or skills to know if Watson is a franchise QB or not, but if we took him that high, it would mean that Pace thoguht so, and so then I'd think so too, and be thrilled with that draft! LOL

I do think DL / OLB and QB will be 2 of our first 3 picks.

I would not be surprised if they take another OLB high. Looking down the road you can see the Bears moving on from Houston, McPhee, and Young. This draft is supposedly deep at the position, so if they like one, go for it.

We say we need a great 5T, but they have Bullard ready to step in. On accounts Ive read, Bullard will be a great run stopper and eventually develop pass rush ability. Lets see how he develops. They can find late round depth or a FA to help out this season.

CB-We have more than enough under contract. The problem is having that legit #1. This draft is deep, so I expect one to be drafted and if they can get Sidney Jones, he can recover why they sort through the many we already have.

S-same as CB, they have a bunch under contract to find more about out. Taking one high could happen or they can wait it out and see if Demps, Amos, Quarty-Jones, Bush, and Carson-Houston have.

TE-Talent is deep and the Bears need a long term solution and the WRs may need help. With Sims signed, going for a great receiving threat may be the way they go. Njoku, Engram, Hodges are names to watch high (2-3).

OT-The Bears could use two OT's down the road. I think going with the same crew as last year is fine, but in 2018 they might want to cut Sitton and Massie and save cap. Leno will be a little more eager since he is playing for his big contract, let's see how he does. Getting a young RT and a swing OT is in the two year plan. LT depends on Leno.

WR-This year we have a handful of one year prove its. They will take a shot on one in the draft between rd 2-4.

QB-This is a mystery on what the plan is. They can shock us and take one in the 1st or take a shot on Chad Kelly with a 5th. Pace will not go another year without drafting one.

No position is ruled out, I am looking at some logic and justifying why they may draft a certain way.

3. Cooper Kupp, WR, EWU

7. Mack Hollins, WR, UNC

No OT or DL, but fills QB, TE, WR, and DB holes. Based on biggest holes to fill, right not Unrein is the worst starter on the team (according to PFF). For position groups, OT and WR are two of the worst groups overall. So I like getting 2x DB's, but it's hard to go OLB when we need help at OT and DL.

No OT or DL, but fills QB, TE, WR, and DB holes. Based on biggest holes to fill, right not Unrein is the worst starter on the team (according to PFF). For position groups, OT and WR are two of the worst groups overall. So I like getting 2x DB's, but it's hard to go OLB when we need help at OT and DL.

I have seen many people claim this is an excellent WR group, so much for PFF