Glennon / Trubisky Had Good Weekend of Practices

DABEARSDABOMB

Evidently Glennon / Tru both looked really good this past weekend. I'm getting more and more confident in the fact that I think Glennon will prove to be a solid starter. As it relates to Trubisky, I think it is great how accurate he has looked and that he has flashed that "athleticism" and accuracy (supposedly he has been the most accurate QB the vast majority of training camp). That said, the differentiator between solid and great QB's isn't physical skills (those are more of the pre-requisite). It is going to take time to see if Tru has it between the ears, but great to see that he's super accurate (would love to have a QB who just throws dimes (to our players) all over the field)!!!

Evidently Glennon / Tru both looked really good this past weekend. I'm getting more and more confident in the fact that I think Glennon will prove to be a solid starter. As it relates to Trubisky, I think it is great how accurate he has looked and that he has flashed that "athleticism" and accuracy (supposedly he has been the most accurate QB the vast majority of training camp). That said, the differentiator between solid and great QB's isn't physical skills (those are more of the pre-requisite). It is going to take time to see if Tru has it between the ears, but great to see that he's super accurate (would love to have a QB who just throws dimes (to our players) all over the field)!!!

Yeah I was hearing how much of a deep ball he's got with being accurate. And like that I'm hearing Tru has been staying after practice to continue working on his snaps from under center. Tells me that he knows what his faults are and he's willing to work on it. I'm a little excited to see how the position shakes out by mid season

Yeah I was hearing how much of a deep ball he's got with being accurate. And like that I'm hearing Tru has been staying after practice to continue working on his snaps from under center. Tells me that he knows what his faults are and he's willing to work on it. I'm a little excited to see how the position shakes out by mid season

Having Trubisky around makes preseason pretty interesting (since it is likely the main glimpse we will get of him (at least for the first half of the year). I was listening to ESPN 1000 and it sounded like he had a terrific practice today.

Having Trubisky around makes preseason pretty interesting (since it is likely the main glimpse we will get of him (at least for the first half of the year). I was listening to ESPN 1000 and it sounded like he had a terrific practice today.

Very true. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch many of the preseason games. I'll be listening on radio at least other than that I'm counting on you guys lol

Very true. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch many of the preseason games. I'll be listening on radio at least other than that I'm counting on you guys lol

If you are lucky enough to have NFL network, you can always watch it on delay (thats what I do). That said, this Thursday is a NFL network live telecast.

If you are lucky enough to have NFL network, you can always watch it on delay (thats what I do). That said, this Thursday is a NFL network live telecast.

I'm still driving truck over the road which is why I'm not able to watch. However I do have XM radio with the sports package so I can listen to every game

Thing about Glennon is that he could have been a victim of circumstance and timing. It was his gig till Lovie brought in McCown and when McCown got hurt Mike got a chance and played well at the end of the season. Then they draft Winston and it becomes Winston's gig. Not the best environment/situation for any young QB to thrive. It's made Glennon mentally tough learning to deal with personal adversity. My gut feeling is he's going to give it all he's got and embrace this opportunity this year. He knows his time in Chicago might be short if he wants to be a long term starter in the NFL. This is his opportunity to showcase that he belongs. If he does well this year and accomplishes that it will benefit him personally and the team. A good audition as a starter will land him a starting gig somewhere, and it will help us win games and not have to rush Mitch into the fire before he's ready. Could wind up being the win win that we saw as a possibility post draft that what if both turn out to be good starter quality QBs?

On Trubisky's accuracy and work ethic we could potentially be on the verge of turning the corner at the QB position. How awesome and crazy would it be to be set at that position as being one of those teams who's QB will pick an opponent's D apart like a surgeon. Could we finally have a QB who has the full package? Not just the skills minus the brains, or the brains minus the skills but one who can run an NFL offense with precision? Course it's all speculation at this point but the are reasons to feel optimistic about the longterm potential. It's about time, we have suffered long enough.

Thing about Glennon is that he could have been a victim of circumstance and timing. It was his gig till Lovie brought in McCown and when McCown got hurt Mike got a chance and played well at the end of the season. Then they draft Winston and it becomes Winston's gig. Not the best environment/situation for any young QB to thrive. It's made Glennon mentally tough learning to deal with personal adversity. My gut feeling is he's going to give it all he's got and embrace this opportunity this year. He knows his time in Chicago might be short if he wants to be a long term starter in the NFL. This is his opportunity to showcase that he belongs. If he does well this year and accomplishes that it will benefit him personally and the team. A good audition as a starter will land him a starting gig somewhere, and it will help us win games and not have to rush Mitch into the fire before he's ready. Could wind up being the win win that we saw as a possibility post draft that what if both turn out to be good starter quality QBs?

On Trubisky's accuracy and work ethic we could potentially be on the verge of turning the corner at the QB position. How awesome and crazy would it be to be set at that position as being one of those teams who's QB will pick an opponent's D apart like a surgeon. Could we finally have a QB who has the full package? Not just the skills minus the brains, or the brains minus the skills but one who can run an NFL offense with precision? Course it's all speculation at this point but the are reasons to feel optimistic about the longterm potential. It's about time, we have suffered long enough.

I was saying the same thing about Glennon after we had signed him. To me it felt like he got the short end of the stick so to say. He might have drawn it again here in Chicago but at least this time it appears that he will get the chance to prove his worth

I was saying the same thing about Glennon after we had signed him. To me it felt like he got the short end of the stick so to say. He might have drawn it again here in Chicago but at least this time it appears that he will get the chance to prove his worth

If his time ends up being a one and done here at least he got paid and most likely Tru is the real deal and lucky for us. Im liking where the Bears are in terms of future prospect at the QB position.

Glennon could also be a trading chip at the deadline or after the season.

How much leverage would we have with teams knowing we don't likely see Glennon as the long term with Trubisky looking to likely take over after this season. However Glennon's contract past this season is pretty cheap we could do Glennon a solid and trade him to a team that is a good fit for him and get something back in return. It'll be interesting to see what trade options are available after the season is over. Now the other scenario is mid season some team's QB goes down and Glennon is on their radar and Trubisky could potentially be at a point to step in. Maybe that becomes a viable option and the return on Glennon would be higher at that point. I know the plan is to have redshirt Mitch this season. But things happen.

I'm still driving truck over the road which is why I'm not able to watch. However I do have XM radio with the sports package so I can listen to every game

Theres an online package where you can watch the preseason games on your own schedule, i.e. whenever youre not driving.

Maybe, if MG has a very strong season Pace and the MT is ready and prosperous perhaps then Pace can eventually Trade Glennon to the Broncos and get back two first rounders! I know pipe dream but that is what the preseason-eve is about!

I think this is a very real possibility. Also his trade value would be VERY high, because his salary for next year got paid this year in this deal, so someone would trade picks for cap room too. It was a smart move.

But you said "get back" and we didnt lose any first rounders in the Trubisky deal, or any second rounders either, just a couple 3rds and a 4th.

In fact, by the trade value chart, we underpaid by the price of a mid third rounder in value in the deal.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/nu...-trubisky-trade

I think this is a very real possibility. Also his trade value would be VERY high, because his salary for next year got paid this year in this deal, so someone would trade picks for cap room too. It was a smart move.

But you said "get back" and we didnt lose any first rounders in the Trubisky deal, or any second rounders either, just a couple 3rds and a 4th.

In fact, by the trade value chart, we underpaid by the price of a mid third rounder in value in the deal.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/nu...-trubisky-trade

Maybe, if MG has a very strong season Pace and the MT is ready and prosperous perhaps then Pace can eventually Trade Glennon to the Broncos and get back two first rounders! I know pipe dream but that is what the preseason-eve is about!

I think he's referring to the Cutler trade where Angelo gave up 2 firsts. That would awesome and ironic. Turnabout's fair play. I had forgotten that Glennon's deal was a 3 year deal I was somehow thinking it was 2 years. Freeing up cap space for QB needy teams is a great bargaining position as there will be some teams that could find themselves in that spot. Miami could be one Jay's contract hit their cap hard with some key players that will be come FA after this season. There's even the midseason possibility should a teams starter go down and Glennon playing well and Trubisky is in a spot to take over.