Rumor: Pace has list of candidates for next year

DABEARSDABOMB

Aaron Leming‏Verified account

@AaronLemingNFL - 13m13 minutes ago

FWIW, I've been told Ryan Pace plans to use his list of potential HC candidates that he interviewed w/ when he was hired for the original #Bears gig. Obviously a few names will get added but he's had eyes on a few candidates for 3+ years.

According to our sources, Pace already has plans for change in the very near future and auditioning Fangio could possibly interfere with those plans a lot more than help them. While there is virtually no chance that Fangio will return as defensive coordinator with whomever is named the next Bears head coach, we’re hearing that’s a loss Pace is already preparing for.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/201...ndex.xml?page=4

Honestly, if Pace doesn't think fangio is a head coach (and he should have as good of an idea as anyone), then this makes a lot of sense. Would be curious to know who is on the list. By the way, just to put this out there, but if the Jets move on from Bowles, I'd love him as our DC.

This is just a list a reporter put together over speculation, any good GM always keeps a list of potential coaches , but no one knows but Pace who he likes or doesnt like.

This is just a list a reporter put together over speculation, any good GM always keeps a list of potential coaches , but no one knows but Pace who he likes or doesnt like.

Sounded like Greg Gabriel has some insider information and him and Hub Arkush are working on putting pieces of it together. Wonder how well the team will react as leaks leak out through out the remainder of the season.

Honestly, if Pace doesn't think fangio is a head coach (and he should have as good of an idea as anyone), then this makes a lot of sense. Would be curious to know who is on the list. By the way, just to put this out there, but if the Jets move on from Bowles, I'd love him as our DC.

Bowles as our DC would be outstanding. Loved what he did here in AZ and despite having some very good talent that D has not been the same since he left. He'd be walking into some of foundational talent for what he likes to do.

Sounded like Greg Gabriel has some insider information and him and Hub Arkush are working on putting pieces of it together. Wonder how well the team will react as leaks leak out through out the remainder of the season.

It is just speculation, look how secretive Pace is with the draft, I think they may have some thoughts but nothing legitimate.

i dont know who the next coaches will be but Pace NEEDS to get it right. Enough of changing coaches every 2-3 years or getting stuck with idiots. We need to get a solid coaching staff in here and get this thing going in the right direction. Sick of being a pathetic franchise.

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more. At least this time we have done nice young players to build around. Just need a coaching staff who can get the best out of them.

Question for those who are in the group that wants to keep fox around. Coming in to this game John fox is 12-31 here in Chicago. He's been favored to win 6 games and in those 6 games he is 0-6. We are favored in this matchup. If we lose this game now will your thinking be then?

Technically you asked for those of us in support of Fox staying how would be feel if we lost? I’d “feel” sad but would still say fire Loggains.

Tecnhnicqlly you asked for those of us in support of Fox staying how would be feel if we lost? I’d “feel” sad but would still say fire Loggains.

So despite the fact our team has never won a game under fox were favored in you still want him back. Even though this goes back before loggains became OC?