Bears (5-10) at Vikings (12-3) Game Thread

adam

http://www.chicagobears.com/team/injury-report.html

Not looking good for our Oline. Compton likely returns but Sitton still out, Massie sitting out practice although I expect he'll try to play, and Bradley Sowell.

Massie has been horrible of late and his ankle got rolled pretty bad, so I don't expect him to play. Compton is fine and Sowell actually played well against Cleveland.

Massie has been horrible of late and his ankle got rolled pretty bad, so I don't expect him to play. Compton is fine and Sowell actually played well against Cleveland.

Compton wasn't that bad when he was on the field earlier in the year. Sowell started rough but his last game was ok. In a way I'm curious to see how both handle this game as it will give us an idea who to bring back.

We start out like a team ready for the offseason. We have a 3 and out and they march down and score easily on their first drive. 7-0.

Surprised to see the Bears rank first for most negative rush yards. Another sign they still need to improve the offensive line and play calling. With predictable play calling, that may be the main culprit. Clock is ticking for black Monday.

Surprised to see the Bears rank first for most negative rush yards. Another sign they still need to improve the offensive line and play calling. With predictable play calling, that may be the main culprit. Clock is ticking for black Monday.

I’m not. This is something that has been mentioned in previous years with this OL and other iterations of it.

30 minutes away from a new coach. Anyone else excited.

I’m excited about the possibility of a new head coach, who will hopefully be offensive minded, creative, and able to alter the future of the offense so that the Trubisky draft gamble can reach its peak.

I’m excited about the possibility of a new head coach, who will hopefully be offensive minded, creative, and able to alter the future of the offense so that the Trubisky draft gamble can reach its peak.

I am growing on Pat Shumur as an option. It didn't matter who his QB was, he made them all look good. He knows the significance of having a good o-line. They made undrafted Adam Thielen and 5th rd Stefon Diggs stars. Running game, solid after losing high draft pick Cook.

We're not that far behind the Vikings. There are some obvious issues with Oline but watching Grasu, Compton, and Sowell deal with the Vikings front is going to make anyone say we need upgrades. Put Sitton and Long back on the field and add someone who can pass protect better at RT and we're competitive with that front. Even with Massie we're far better in the run game than what we saw today from Sowell.

Callahan can play better than he did today, at least in the first half. If he turns his head with the receiver he has at least one INT, maybe two. Why the officials can't call all the holding their DBs were doing but found every little thing against us is...well let's just say the NFL officiating is becoming more like the NBA where calls don't match what actually happens.

If you don't think they were concerned about winning this game then why would they put Xavier Rhodes back on the field after he was injured?

Missing Shaheen and of course Miller really hurt Trubisky with their LBs only worried about who was in the backfield. If Daniel Brown was on the field I never saw him.

It felt like a concerted effort was being made to let backup players get more snaps today. I saw a lot of Crevon LeBlanc, Cooper, and early in the game we got a lot of Bullard, RRH, and Jenkins. RRH is going to be a good player for us, he finished with 3 tackles and 1 sack today. Bullard looked good too in spots showing some of that burst to alter plays.

Of course on offense everyone playing was backup already except Howard, Simms, Leno, and Whitehair.

Trubisky struggled to find any open receivers all game and he had a really bad decision on that pass out of the endzone when he gave up the safety. OTOH he made some outstanding throws into very tight windows (all he had to work with most of the game) with pressure in his face. He's got some good things to build off of heading into the offseason.

I'm looking forward to the offseason.

Hat tip to the special teams coach for an outstanding PR call that led to our first TD.

Bears had 11 plays inside the Vikings 10 and scored 0 pts. Loggains play calling was on full display. What an embarrassment.

The last two times the Bears waited until tomorrow to fire Trestman and Lovie, I hope they fire the staff today.

Loggains is horrible. I cannot wait until he is gone.

Peace :dabears

The incompetence of Low Gains today makes me laugh at anyone who thinks these guys are football gurus because they managed to network their way into the NFL. He’s not offensively intelligent or knowledgeable enough to run a top level high school offense, much less an NFL offense.

I streamed the 1st half of the game while my fiance was driving and she was literally telling the kids to ignore anything dad says. My truckers mouth came out in full swing I couldn't believe how horrible that play calling was. After the 1st half I stopped. I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore of that disaster. Thank heavens fox and company are gone