Urlacher First Ballot

lemonej

Great news obviously. I've seen a lot of chatter and comparison online between him and Ray Lewis. I know I'm a homer, but I don't see why people really think Ray Lewis is better. I think Urlacher is better, and I really don't think it's close.

A contributing factor to Lewis having so many accolades was because the Ravens were a much more consistently good franchise during his career. Furthermore, I think if you flip-flop the two players, Urlacher's greatness would have been amplified, and Ray Lewis would have faltered in the deep middle of the Lovie-2. I don't think Ray Lewis could have covered like Brian. Don't get me wrong. Ray Lewis would still have been great, but not as good as Urlacher.

Congratulations to Urlacher. He's the first Bears Hall of Famer my kids grew up watching. The link below has a nice short video (1:30) of each player when they got the knock on the door.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000091...e-class-of-2018

Over the decades I've been a Bears fan there are a few games that standout. One of them will always be the Arizona game when Urlacher just dominated on defense. That is one of the all-time greatest games, if not the greatest, I've ever seen from a defensive player. This game even has its own Wikipedia page (who knew?):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Chicago_..._Cardinals_game

The game was also notable for featuring one of the best performances of Brian Urlacher's career. He recorded 19 tackles and a forced fumble that was returned for a touchdown. Teammate Devin Hester commented on Urlacher's performance, stating, "We watched the film and everybody was saying that he just turned into the Incredible Hulk the last four minutes of the game, just killing people and running over and tackling whoever had the ball."[

Congratulations to Urlacher. He's the first Bears Hall of Famer my kids grew up watching. The link below has a nice short video (1:30) of each player when they got the knock on the door.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000091...e-class-of-2018

Over the decades I've been a Bears fan there are a few games that standout. One of them will always be the Arizona game when Urlacher just dominated on defense. That is one of the all-time greatest games, if not the greatest, I've ever seen from a defensive player. This game even has its own Wikipedia page (who knew?):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Chicago_..._Cardinals_game

The game was also notable for featuring one of the best performances of Brian Urlacher's career. He recorded 19 tackles and a forced fumble that was returned for a touchdown. Teammate Devin Hester commented on Urlacher's performance, stating, "We watched the film and everybody was saying that he just turned into the Incredible Hulk the last four minutes of the game, just killing people and running over and tackling whoever had the ball."[

One of my favorite games all time watching

I watched that game just yesterday. That game epitomizes the greatness of him. And I think he's the 1st hall of famer that I got to enjoy his entire career from start to finish

Thanks you just made me feel real old. Butkus,Sayers,Payton,Hampton,Singletary,Dent and Urlacher. Start to finish.

Thanks you just made me feel real old. Butkus,Sayers,Payton,Hampton,Singletary,Dent and Urlacher. Start to finish.

Yeah I remember watching all those except butkus and Sayers. But those started when I was to young to fully understand. It's sad to think I'm 37 and I've only seen 1 full HOF career player start to finish