Trubisky press conference

AZ54

From what I've read and heard he could be poised to really break out this year.  Hard worker, studies hard, has the respect of his teammates and coaches.  He's confident but not cocky.  He expects a lot out of himself and his teammates.  You can sense the enthusiasm he brings and it seems to be matched by his teammates and coaches.  Makes me excited to see what this season has in store.  We've been starved for a winner.   The team culture is so night and day different than it was just 4 years ago and it's been a breath of fresh air this season.  It feels like with Mitch the training wheels are coming off they are letting him run the show and do what he does best.  

In this interview it appears we’ll be seeing a lot of opportunities for audible calls from Trubisky.  Something we’ve only heard or talked about in more recent iterations of the Bears offense.  Having Howard in the backfield will certainly keep opposing defenses honest.  The CBs will be playing loose off Gabriel and Robinson meaning we’ll probably be seeing some nice gains in the passing game.  Something else we haven’t seen all that much of in recent years. 

Another takeaway from this interview is that you can tell Trubisky is excited for what is about to come. That means a lot as a fan.  Helps us to buy into what is about to happen.  BEAR DOWN! 

I was impressed with Trubisky as a rookie.  He didn't exactly have an stable of reliable receivers to throw to.  He played smart with the football.  Now with Allen Robinson and Gabriel in the mix, the Bears have a legit #1 and slot receiver.  If Kevin White (huge IF) can contribute, then the Bears offense can compete with any in the division.  

P.S. I was glad to see Jordy Nelson leave the Packers.  He always seemed to kill the Bears.

Welcome aboard - I'm with you on how Trubisky held himself. He also is such a good athlete. I hope he stays healthy and we get to see him really grow and shine as a Bear. Would be great to finally have a great QB!!! I wish the season was here already. While I still think we are a year away, I'm very excited to see what the next year brings. I expect some early bumps and a strong finish.  

And oh man, I still remember when we had a chance to knock the Packers out and make the playoffs and we let Nelson catch that deep pass within the final minute or so of the game (think Conte was our safety).  

On 4/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, dacoachisdrunk said:

I was impressed with Trubisky as a rookie.  He didn't exactly have an stable of reliable receivers to throw to.  He played smart with the football.  Now with Allen Robinson and Gabriel in the mix, the Bears have a legit #1 and slot receiver.  If Kevin White (huge IF) can contribute, then the Bears offense can compete with any in the division.  

P.S. I was glad to see Jordy Nelson leave the Packers.  He always seemed to kill the Bears.

Welcome to the group!