NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

adam

Best available going into today, would really like to grab an Edge/DE/OLB type with a few available:

Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, OLB/DE, Oklahoma 
Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State
Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon 
Holton Hill, CB, Texas 
Josh Sweat, DE, Florida State
Tim Settle, DT, Virginia Tech
Bradley Bozeman, C, Alabama 
Deontay Burnett, WR, USC
Greg Stroman, CB, Virginia Tech 
Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest
Jeff Holland, DE, Auburn
Auden Tate, WR, Florida 
Kameron Kelly, S, San Diego State
Skai Moore, LB, South Carolina 
R.J. McIntosh, DT, Miami 
Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State 
Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State 
Quin Blanding, S, Virginia 
Justin Lawler, DE, SMU 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, adam said:

And we select Joel Iyiegbuniwe, LB,  Western Kentucky. Will be interesting to see where they play him. 

He’s 6-1 230.  he’s another ILB—not an edge rusher.  I’m not sure if he’s even listed in my draft guide.  I can’t find him.  Listening to the Score and Hub Arkush is like, “I don’t really know much about him.”   Seems to be a reach for a position we didn’t need.  Maybe we just boosted our special teams with a 4th round pick. . .  

1 minute ago, bradjock said:

He’s 6-1 230.  he’s another ILB—not an edge rusher.  I’m not sure if he’s even listed in my draft guide.  I can’t find him.  Listening to the Score and Hub Arkush is like, “I don’t really know much about him.”   Seems to be a reach for a position we didn’t need.  Maybe we just boosted our special teams with a 4th round pick. . .  

yeah, maybe teams, or maybe we just have no idea what theyre thinking, but I do trust Fangio and Pace to do it right, so... OK a 6' 1" LB. lol Go Bears!

I'm reading more and it seems like he is a special teams ace. If he does develop into something, and Smith is set to replace Trevathan in a year or two, this could be a shot across Kwitkowski's bow too.

Pace must feel good about Lynch and Bullard.

The Lions leapfrogged us to get Alabama DE Hand one pick before us. I wonder if we would have taken him if he'd been available.

21 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

I'm reading more and it seems like he is a special teams ace. If he does develop into something, and Smith is set to replace Trevathan in a year or two, this could be a shot across Kwitkowski's bow too.

Pace must feel good about Lynch and Bullard.

The Lions leapfrogged us to get Alabama DE Hand one pick before us. I wonder if we would have taken him if he'd been available.

So it’s a shot to Kwitkowski . . . Who after we drafted Roquan officially became a back-up ILB/special teams ace.  Fourth round with so many needs—that’s pretty rich for a back-up special teamer.

Good point about Hand.   That would make sense. 

24 minutes ago, bradjock said:

So it’s a shot to Kwitkowski . . . Who after we drafted Roquan officially became a back-up ILB/special teams ace.  Fourth round with so many needs—that’s pretty rich for a back-up special teamer.

Good point about Hand.   That would make sense. 

I'm assuming that Trevathan's days are numbered as he ages. He's been out a lot with injury. This might be his last year in Chicago, as the window opens for the team, so it'll be Smith and ________ in the middle. Kwitkowski will have to step up to stay, and this new ILB will push him at both ILB and on special teams. Either Kwit will take the next step, or the new guy will grow into it, or we will be drafting another ILB soon.

18 minutes ago, jason said:

Thus far the day three draft doesn’t make a lot of sense. An ILB who is not needed and a DT whose best fit is the back up NT? 

I thought we were all happy Fangio was back and running the D. So far, I'd say he had a large input into who we picked. He must see something in these kids for it to happen, and I'm good with that.

10 minutes ago, ChileBear said:

I thought we were all happy Fangio was back and running the D. So far, I'd say he had a large input into who we picked. He must see something in these kids for it to happen, and I'm good with that.

+1

46 minutes ago, jason said:

Thus far the day three draft doesn’t make a lot of sense. An ILB who is not needed and a DT whose best fit is the back up NT? 

Sounds like he is more of a DE, that can move inside. Good upside and depth was a need on dline. It's not like Bullard or RRH can slide to NT and moving Hicks inside takes him away from a position he excels at.

One thing about the draft, we get most of our info from internet gurus. Looking at were players go, we are off course more often than not. We see our needs, but don't know Pace and Nagys plan and their targets.  There are still some names I've projected as 3rd rounders available in rd 6.  My player, hope like heck we get him is Quenton Meeks CB. Like Equan St Brown as a bigger target WR. Aruna at OLB.  Holton Hill CB. We will see what Pace and co think

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

One thing about the draft, we get most of our info from internet gurus. Looking at were players go, we are off course more often than not. We see our needs, but don't know Pace and Nagys plan and their targets.  There are still some names I've projected as 3rd rounders available in rd 6.  My player, hope like heck we get him is Quenton Meeks CB. Like Equan St Brown as a bigger target WR. Aruna at OLB.  Holton Hill CB. We will see what Pace and co think

Exactly. It's fun to play this game, but to actually think we know better which defensive player to take than Fangio would be total narcissism.

• Pixote unpinned this topic