Week 1 - Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers Official Game Thread

adam

I have to say, this has been the longest day for me as a Bear fan for a game to start since the 85 super bowl.  I can't be more excited from what I have seen so far.  God I look forward to building on this in the 2nd half and every game this year.  Could not have wanted a better start.  Keep your foot on their throat!!!

Hey you guys are supposed to say ‘spoiler alert’ when stuff like this happens (LOL).  Can’t watch the game live while I officiated a wedding today.  

But seriously,  thank God there was a bar near the reception so I could keep up around the edges.  Looking forward to seeing the replay on Hulu later!!! Go Bears!!!

Man what a horrible loss. Nagy with some questionable play calls and Trubisky is nowhere near where he should be. Nagy got way too cute with all the exotic crap when Howard was looking good. 

I have no clue why Sims is the target on 3rd Downs. He first drops a first down that hits him in the chest, then runs towards a defender instead of to the sticks and comes up short. Then is short of the sticks on a quick pass.

And Fuller and Amukamara? God the CB's looked bad. Fuller dropped a game-sealing INT (Cobb's TD came right after) and it seemed like they were getting beat left and right.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Rip my fuckin heart out

again

No kidding. I had to mute it collinsworthless holding Rodgers jock reminded me of maddens love for favre.  Fuller should have caught that pick and it would have been over. Someone needs to tell Mitch you an check the ball down. Not every play has to be a big play. That second half D was atrocious. Everyone on that team needs to learn there are two halves. We came out flat on both sides of the ball after half. This game was there for the taking and we coasted to a loss. 

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

How many of us got on social media at halftime to gloat some 🙄😬 

Not on social media, but I had a few text exchanges with some people where I said after the first half that it was the happiest I've ever been as a Bears fan since Devin Hester's superbowl kickoff return TD. Then I said the Bears are back.. Then the 2nd half happened, and it immediately knocked me back into my normal, pessimistic state. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Right now I don't want to hear how they played a great game.  Seven point underdogs.  As a 60 year fan I don't know how to accepted a loss like this.   Just a generational loss!!!  Again my heart ripped out by a packer QB!@!!!!

It's the most painful loss to GB since the NFC Championship game. I don't think there's any question about it. They just stopped acting like they knew what football was in the 2nd half, from the coaches to the players. Not running Jordan Howard on 3rd and 1 after he had just finished gashing them for a huge 16 yard run on the play before will haunt them the rest of the year if they miss out on the playoffs by one game. Had they converted that, it likely would have sealed the game. I believe the Packers were out of timeouts, and they only had the 2 minute warning to stop the clock.

Before they even ran the play, I was telling everybody that if the Bears gave Rodgers back the football, they were going to lose the game. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Man what a horrible loss. Nagy with some questionable play calls and Trubisky is nowhere near where he should be. Nagy got way too cute with all the exotic crap when Howard was looking good. 

I have no clue why Sims is the target on 3rd Downs. He first drops a first down that hits him in the chest, then runs towards a defender instead of to the sticks and comes up short. Then is short of the sticks on a quick pass.

And Fuller and Amukamara? God the CB's looked bad. Fuller dropped a game-sealing INT (Cobb's TD came right after) and it seemed like they were getting beat left and right.

Fuller is on the low end of the very good #1 CB's in this league. He's still a probowl type of talent, but he isn't the shutdown guy you want him to be in coverage. 

I'm super glad the Bears got Khalil Mack, but there's just something about having two guys on the outside shutting down the passing game on opposing QB's that makes you feel more secure going into games. As good as the front 7 on the Bears projects to be, that secondary has a ton of question marks when it comes to their ability to create turnovers. 

what a disgrace.  i was very skeptical coming in with all the hype.  i thought maybe next year we could really start talking about this franchise as being turned around...then the first half happened and i was suckered in again.  DOMINATED the Packers in the first half.  Second half they folded.  Screw the Packers and screw Rodgers.  Back to reality for this crap team.

certainly an improved team but nowhere near anything resembling a playoff team.  Not even close IMO and i hope I'm wrong