Bears game plan

Bill

I'm curious how everyone thinks the game plan to beat the pats should be for the bears?  I think they need to run the ball and keep Brady off the field as much as possible.  We can't beat them in a shoot out.  Time to use Cohen, Cunningham, and Howard.   Take advantage of our OL and attack their line and punish their def. and not try and be slick.  Some quick passes to the tight ends.  Not saying we should not be aggressive, but this should be a game where the run sets up the pass and stick to running before anything else.  I don't think there is anyway we can beat them by out scoring them.  But easier said than done.

Ultimately it’s going to come down to how well the D plays and whether they have an affect on getting to Brady.  Just read that Callahan is questionable in the nickel spot which could be worrisome due to all the potential folks (White, Edelman and Gronk) that will use that area, and that it’s an ideal place to dump passes in ‘hurried’ situations.  Sounds as though McManis will get the go if Callahan can’t.

On offense, I agree with you. They can’t get cute and need to use more Howard than they have in the past.  Soften up the front and middle of the D for effective passing plays when they need them. 

I'm thinking otherwise.  Howard hasn't been working well so there is no reason to start now. 

What we do know is KC put 40 on them at their place.  Nagy has also had the full benefit of using camp Reid this week.  We also know our D laid a pride damaging egg last week.

I'm saying we pin our ears back on D and hit Brady hard and often.  We are going to give up points.  Might as well have fun doing it.  On offense, keep things open so you can show your team that you have faith in what you've been preaching all off season.  Control the clock through sustained drives and hope you have the ball last.