Sunshine & Butterflies

madlithuanian

we need to beat the Vikings to keep this.

If we beat them, we are on track to win the division, and see if we can win a playoff game.

If not, then we're hoping for a wild card or something, trying to battle back in.

This is a huge game, and we are favored, but we're going to have to take it, and good. I never liked the Lovie Smith team that went to the Super Bowl. I dont want to have the other team make mistakes so we win. I want to TAKE it. I want a team that imposes its will on the opponent. That's where we are headed, and Sunday Night will tell us a lot about this team.

10 minutes ago, BearFan NYC said:

we need to beat the Vikings to keep this.

If we beat them, we are on track to win the division, and see if we can win a playoff game.

If not, then we're hoping for a wild card or something, trying to battle back in.

This is a huge game, and we are favored, but we're going to have to take it, and good. I never liked the Lovie Smith team that went to the Super Bowl. I dont want to have the other team make mistakes so we win. I want to TAKE it. I want a team that imposes its will on the opponent. That's where we are headed, and Sunday Night will tell us a lot about this team.

It is a huge game.  Although a loss, doesn't re-rail things.  It just put the impetus on winning in DET and MIN then.  That said, a win on Sun, puts us in the drivers seat and get some natl. respect.  I have a feeling it'll go to the wire...   And Mitch heroics will win it.

I totally agree, if we win it's a huge step, if we lose, all is not lost. It's an opportunity to take another step.

We're a year early on the timetable, but honestly, I'm not interested in making pre excuses. Everything weve both said is true, but screw it, I want them to go out and kick the Viking's ass, and make it not even close.

I haven't had a hit of true domination since 1985 and I'm jonesing for a fix :)

43 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I do not know why but I live and die with the Bears, if they win, I happy happy all day, if they lose I become moody. The only franchise that has that affect on me. So you understand I have been on depression medicine for a very long time.

We’re with you man :)

3 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

I totally agree, if we win it's a huge step, if we lose, all is not lost. It's an opportunity to take another step.

We're a year early on the timetable, but honestly, I'm not interested in making pre excuses. Everything weve both said is true, but screw it, I want them to go out and kick the Viking's ass, and make it not even close.

I haven't had a hit of true domination since 1985 and I'm jonesing for a fix :)

If we lose, it is purely a learning moment.  I will not be surprised if we lose and it gives the team a better barometer for what it needs to clean up / improve to get to the next level. I haven't been this excited for the franchise since early in the Lovie Smith era.  

17 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

If we lose, it is purely a learning moment.  I will not be surprised if we lose and it gives the team a better barometer for what it needs to clean up / improve to get to the next level. I haven't been this excited for the franchise since early in the Lovie Smith era.  

Agreed.  Every loss has resulted in a correction.  I just prefer to make the corrections w/o the loss!  Let's do it Bears!

I agree, that if they lose, I can and will be philosophical about it.

But I dont even want to think that way, not because Im afraid to jinx it (I truly have no power to alter game outcomes lol) but because this team has earned my expectation that they will win.

I dont want another team that limps along to 9-7 and hopes to lose a playoff game. I want an actual dominant team that other teams are afraid of. And so I will begin expecting that from them, because they've earned that from me. I never once felt that way about Lovie's teams, or any team since 1985 really. There were some decent teams shortly after that, but not one like this team is becoming.

I believe we'll have to overcome some mistakes to win this game.  I also think it will be the same for the Vikings.  That showed up in Week 1 against GB.  I believe the Bears have grown a lot in recent weeks and there is more belief among players they can affect the outcome with a single play.  This is all part of becoming a playoff contender and I really look forward to the matchup and seeing how far we've come in this process.