Answer this question?

Stinger226

Since we actually do not need a starter anywhere, what depth spot is the biggest priority?

If we lose MT, Chase can cover a few games, last year we had this scenario and we finished 12-4. If MT is out for the year we are screwed anyway.

If we lose a WR, we have M. Hall, Patterson, and Wims as backups. position is good

If we lose Davis we still have Cohen, Nall and Patterson, that would work out.

If we lose  Burton- a problem, Sheehan would have to step up and fins some help.

If we lose a OL we have Coward, Sowell, Larsen, Beavers, and Allen to backup, position will be okay

If we lose a CB we have Tolliver, MacManis, Joseph, Franklin III, and Mincy, I would say we may need help

If we lose a S we have Bush and Houston-Carson, definitely we need help.

If we lose an edge we have Irving, Fitts, and Lynch, could probably need some help here.

I we lose a ILB we have Kwit, and Joel Iggy, I think we would be okay.

If we lose a DL we have HHR, Williams, Anderson and Bullard, probably would get by.

The biggest depth priority is TE, S.CB and potentially edge and RB.

I also think Pace thinks offensive needs are more important than defensive needs. D was tops in the league if they take a step back, they will be still top 10. The offense needs to take a step forward from rated 21 in the league. O will be more more important.

So I think our 3,4,5 picks will be TE, S, CB, and possible RB if the BPA is in the mix. 

There are still several high ranked Ss and CBs left in the draft. TEs and RBs are in the mix depending on how the draft plays out.

54 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Very well put.  I think we draft heavy in the DB department.  I think rd 3 they take BPA, someone is going to slip. 

agree. A safety or a CB all things being equal, but they really do have the ability to go in an unexpected direction if a real value pick is sitting there. If a good QB falls, they could even take him. See Garoppolo, Foles and Cassel for why. You get a great B/U and double your value in trade once youve developed him.

Not predicting that, just saying, we can really take any position if the value is there.

All things being equal, S or CB is a good bet. TE, DE and RB are also possibles.