Duke Shelley CB Kansas State

BearFan PHX

He's a slot CB.   These are highlights but there are a lot of plays where he's in sync with much bigger receivers including Lazard.  Despite his size he plays with a physical edge.  He closes with energy too on the WR screen plays.  I don't know what his vertical leap measures at but on the last play in this highlight film he is way up there.  I also see one KR so he may be able to help out there this year.   He's from Georgia and played at KSt so maybe that's a positive for Pace?   He didn't even make the list on NFL.com but I expected Pace to bring home at least one surprise prospect in this draft.  

Prospect Grade

NO GRADE
LIKELY NEEDS TIME IN DEVELOPMENTAL LEAGUE

Whyte is a dynamic playmaker.  The offense added a top RB, rated anywhere as the 2 or 3, the best route running WR, a quick fast slot CB, a blazing RB/KR, and a big, physical, fast CB.  With what we had to work with, the team is improved with depth.  I really like Nall but wonder if he will make a position switch to TE, they guy clones Burton. 

On 4/27/2019 at 12:40 PM, BearFan NYC said:

Fast player. Possible Nickel. I think we picked him up for kick coverage.

Watched some highlight film on him.  Think we may have found our next NB in either Shelley or Denmark.  I give Shelley the edge only because he played in higher level competition but he needs to work on his ‘eyes’ for pass coverage.  Can’t spot the ball if you’re looking into the chest of the receiver and your back is to the ball.  And he has a tendency to wildly flail his arms while facing the receiver which could be bad for a few reasons most notably DPI.  

If Tolliver doesn’t pan out at CB maybe...just maybe...one of these guys will be tapped to take over for Amukamura 

14 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

He is the same size as Bruce Callahan so hopefully he can be as good

Not too far off, little smaller and hopefully a little quicker.

Duke  5' 9" 180

Bryce  5'10" 188

Bruce 5'3" 150. Had the skills to climb the WR in stride and pick the ball off.😉