Bears at Eagles - Week 9 - Official Game Thread (Sun, Nov 3, 12:00 PM CT/FOX/Bears +4, O/U 41.5)

adam

This is the first game in a while that the Bears are not favored, go figure lol. I am surprised it is only by 4 points. 

Philly is an even more Jekyll and Hyde team than the Bears. In each of Philly's wins, they've scored over 30 points and in their 4 losses, they have allowed 24 or more. Their offense has scored 20 or more in 7 out of 8 games and their defense has allowed 20 or more pts 6 times. The Bears counter with 6 games allowing 17 or less and 3 games scoring 17 or more. 

The Eagles are coming home after 3 games on the road. They just had a big win in Buffalo after losses to the Vikings and Cowboys. They go into their bye after the Bears game, so I would assume they want to go into that week with some momentum.

The Bears are obviously on a 3-game losing streak, the longest losing streak of the Nagy's tenure. If the team falls to 3-5, the season is over. They have to string together at least 5 straight wins to have a chance. We will see what this team is made of. 

Does the defense start making splash plays again? Can they stop Howard and Sanders? Does the offense finally play a solid game? I doubt it, nothing to this point shows me they will

Eagles 27-16 

Trubisky less than 200 yards passing, two INTs and a fumble. Pineiro misses a FG.

• adam featured this topic

There are some eerie similarities to where the team was last year at this time.  Same 3-3 record.  Mack is struggling (last year he was injured for a few games played through some but was noticeably not the same),  Parkey was missing FGs and Trubiksy was unpredictable (although I’d say now he’s even less reliable than at this point last year).  

I have a few friends that are Eagles fans and they’ve told me that they’ve been limping through the season to this point with injuries at key positions.  I haven’t gone to really check who those all are but one of them, DeSean Jackson (yes THAT DeShaun Jackson) appears ready to go.  Even in his advanced age he could still pose a threat in the long game.  And besides the lack of push from the front three the back end of our defense hasn’t proven formidable.  

Howard continues to do what he does, and catch passes.  And Jeffery does what he does, catches TD passes. Although not as of late (last one was two games back - so maybe he’s due?).  

The Eagle are one game ahead of where the Bears are at 4-4 and second in the NFC East.  As you said they’d like nothing more than to go into their bye on a winning streak.  Bears are 2-1 on the road (the one loss in London) so there is that.  

Im going to use reverse psychology and say the Bears have no chance in Philly and probably agree with most of what you say about how the game will go down.  But I suspect Smith and Mack will have big games.  Nevertheless, Bears will lose 20-10. 

I dont know why but when everyone is big pro Bears, we end up finding away of losing. When no one thinks there going to lose, they end up winning. I know the NO game was the exception. In the last One and a half years, the NO game is the only one we were never in the game. I think we find away to win this game. Nagy play calling improves, MT doesnt have any TOs and the Bears get a couple. 23-20 Bears.

I want to see improvement in all areas.  Mostly the off. line, the front seven on Def.  And some sort of offensive game plan that has some sort of progression and reason for what they did the play before, if that makes sense.  Something that shows me they have a direction for the whole team off. and def.  I have lost faith this year so far.  And I want to see something going forward that makes me believe they know what and where this team is going for the next few years.

I Want to win every game but just show me they are getting better.

Eagles 26. Bears 24 

Please bench Trubisky now. He can't hit anyone. Took a sack holding onto the ball on 1st, stares down then throws high to Cohen that was almost intercepted on 2nd, then barely got a screen pass out to Montgomery on 3rd down where he didn't even get back to the original LOS.

This is embarrassing. 

We have -1 yards on our first two drives.  It would be better to just punt on first down at this point.

15 minutes ago, adam said:

The Bears have made a valiant effort not to completely embarrass themselves, but there are no moral victories.  They need a comeback win or none of those plays matter. 

Welp...that clever draft pick known as Shaheen seals it.  I’m done watching this season until one of three things happens; Pace is fired, Nagy is fired or Trubisky is benched.  

See you next year...maybe.