Shaheen on Trade Block

AZ54

31 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Nope. They have to cut him. 

Peace

I doubt anything would come of it, but I see the Colts may be shopping Malik Hooker because he can’t seem to stay healthy and they don’t have much TE depth behind Jack Doyle. It would be worth a call to see if a Shaheen for Hooker deal would work. If Hooker wins the job, great, if he can’t stay healthy we still have Bush. 

18 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

He's worthless. Why would anyone give up an asset. I surely hope Pace doesn't try to outsmart everyone and go with these small school combine warriors again. 

Keep in mind on draft day it's helpful for other teams to know there's already one player who is available.  We're talking about deals at the far back end of the draft.  For example:  would prefer next years 6th Rd pick or taking a crack at seeing if you can develop Shaheen?  Picks late in any draft are likely practice squad players and no matter what we think of Shaheen he is still more of a known commodity than any 7th Rd TE.   I'm not saying it's likely anyone will take him just that he might be a small part of a package deal if some team wants a bit more depth at the TE position in camp.  

On 4/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, Connorbear said:

Nope. They have to cut him. 

Peace

Disagree.  We could get a conditional 2021 7th round pick with the stipulation that he makes a team for somebody else.  Not exactly a windfall—but it is what it is.  

1 hour ago, bradjock said:

Disagree.  We could get a conditional 2021 7th round pick with the stipulation that he makes a team for somebody else.  Not exactly a windfall—but it is what it is.  

That's a possibility. We'll see. 

Peace