O Breakdown vs Vikings...

Mongo3451

I'm not doing the breakdown this week,  as I've seen enough.

Foles is a pussy and I'm not talking about the injury.  At least 6 times he could have set his feet and thrown the ball last night and he chose to do something other than fundamental.  He doesn't show the mental discipline and toughness to succeed.  Like 6 teams already knew this, but our resident geniuses now something other good franchises don't.  I'm done with him.

I don't know that happened to the gameplan, but WTF?  Our 2nd and 3rd drives netted 80% of our yards against a defense that is not good.  Our you heard our next GM commentating the game, you would have heard him criticizing our play calling and use of formations the entire second half.

If you are not going to use Ryan Nall, let him go.  He's been developing for 3 years.  Give the roster spot to someone else.  Seriously, three years with the team and a WR and some dude I've never heard of get more time at RB than he did.  Set him free!

Lastly, Rashad Coward is the worst offensive lineman I've ever seen, yet he still gets to play.  Somebody should be tarred and feathered for allowing him to waste a jersey. I said ever and meant it!

Fire them all and hire Louis Riddick and give him president and GM duties.  Also bring in Bill Polian as a one year consultant to help Riddick revamp everything down to the equipment manager.

Glad you choose not to put your self into depression watching that game again.  

So Mitch has some unknow shoulder injury from one play.  Foles is carted off the field and now they think he's better than first thought.  Maybe they both realize that six more games behind this line and coaching staff will either get them killed our out of the league.  And after five years and only a few snaps in preseason why is Bray on the team.  He knows the offense and you've never given him and real game experience in reg. season?

Why would anyone want to see this team win any more games and keep both Pace and Nagy try and patch this team for next year.  It just does not make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Why would anyone want to see this team win any more games and keep both Pace and Nagy try and patch this team for next year.  It just does not make sense to me.

I've said this before, but whoever is most complicit in giving us this "offensive", pronounce how you wish, line should be publicly strung up and castrated.

That being said, the coaches and Foles did them no favors.  How can Foles see a jail break blitz coming and not hit the hot route?  How can our OC know ours a blitzing down and distance and send in a play with no hot route?  Criminal stupidity.

Not sure it can even be called and offensive game plan.  what it looks like is lack of a plan, there's no logic, continuity in the play calling whatsoever. I've never seen a Bears offense this awful in my life.  Even when we've sucked there was some semblance of a plan, this literally feels like plays are being drawn out of a hat.   

We need to clean house and we need to get real football people in here.  So tired of the smartest guy in the room types that don't realize they are actually idiots.  The Bears are the laughing stock of the league on offense.  When ever we ask why we don't get respect, this is why.  We are a bad joke.  The only thing salvageable on this team is the defense and dare I say it kicker.  How's that for irony we finally have a consistent kicker but now it does't matter.  Going to be a long rest of the season and yet another year watching other teams in the playoffs.  

A genius would have known how good the D was and created a ball control run offense.  Instead Nagys early years of designing this Frankenstein offense had to be used now because it was his life's work and his path to fame.  It could have been the greatest thing we have ever seen, but it was built with scraps.  If he had patience to modify his work to fit what parts he had he could have built a monster that transformed into his vision over time.  Now he will have to choose what to disgard of because he cannot afford all the pieces next year. 

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

A genius would have known how good the D was and created a ball control run offense.  Instead Nagys early years of designing this Frankenstein offense had to be used now because it was his life's work and his path to fame.  It could have been the greatest thing we have ever seen, but it was built with scraps.  If he had patience to modify his work to fit what parts he had he could have built a monster that transformed into his vision over time.  Now he will have to choose what to disgard of because he cannot afford all the pieces next year. 

wisdom

On 11/18/2020 at 7:56 AM, BearFan2000 said:

The only thing salvageable on this team is the defense and dare I say it kicker.  How's that for irony we finally have a consistent kicker

All the more reason why now is probably the right time to make Pagano interim HC. He’s going to keep the defense at the level it is but offset that with sensible play calling on the offensive side. Whether it be he himself making those calls or someone more intune with how an offense should run, this is the best option right now.  Pagano’s no dummy and has been around long enough to know who he needs to get the job done.  I’d say let him use the rest of this season as a dress rehearsal. The worst he could do is not make the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

All the more reason why now is probably the right time to make Pagano interim HC. He’s going to keep the defense at the level it is but offset that with sensible play calling on the offensive side. Whether it be he himself making those calls or someone more intune with how an offense should run, this is the best option right now.  Pagano’s no dummy and has been around long enough to know who he needs to get the job done.  I’d say let him use the rest of this season as a dress rehearsal. The worst he could do is not make the playoffs.  

I'd be down for this.  At least Pagano's been HC before and he's done well with our defense.  I don't see how this possibility could be any worse than what we have now.  

At least it's a bye week and the Bears can't lose this weekend, but if they could they'd find a way. lol

How many TD's is Skrine going to allow this season? I think he is on pace for 15 TDs allowed. We might want to shade the safeties his way, geez. There is no reason to throw towards anyone else. Throw towards him and it's a TD, sooooo frustrating. On the 2nd TD, it was so obvious where they were going and there is Skrine shading to the inside to allow for an easy out route. Shelley can't be worse.

Is Coward still on this team? 

8 hours ago, adam said:

How many TD's is Skrine going to allow this season? I think he is on pace for 15 TDs allowed. We might want to shade the safeties his way, geez. There is no reason to throw towards anyone else. Throw towards him and it's a TD, sooooo frustrating. On the 2nd TD, it was so obvious where they were going and there is Skrine shading to the inside to allow for an easy out route. Shelley can't be worse.

Is Coward still on this team? 

Our safeties have been useless in coverage this year.  They play so far off the ball, they can't get to anything.

I was having a good morning until I read Coward's name.

Lol Mongo. You are correct, the safeties have been out of position a lot or late to cover. I don't know if that is scheme or the players. However, like you have done on the offense, if you go back and watch Skrine on the all-22, there is almost no reason to throw to any other receiver. Just throw it towards Skrine. 

On Coward, sorry, but he seriously needs to go. There is no way that the team can't find some guy on another team's PS that is better than Coward. This is on Pace. 

Skrine has given up more TDs against than the rest of the entire defense has. That is a problem. I am surprised it is not discussed that much. Fuller and Johnson are doing their part, but teams (like the Vikings) figured out all they had to do is send out a formation that prevents Skrine from having help on both sides. Then it is just one move inside or out and the ball is out and Skrine is trailing in coverage. He has actually been a very solid run defender and has made some open field tackles, but if he can prevent a pass, it's like the defense is playing with 10 guys out there.