NFC North Loser Bowl Official Game Thread, Detroit Lionesses vs Chicago Bearded Ladies, probably Sunday, noon, Channel: don't tune in

adam

18 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

What if someone like NE comes calling with a deal including one or two draft picks?  I’m with you, I’d hope to keep Mitch around just for the sake of consistency.  

Both Mitch and Foles will be FAgents this year, who are you referring to for a trade?

1 hour ago, Stinger226 said:

Both Mitch and Foles will be FAgents this year, who are you referring to for a trade?

Nope, Foles is still under contract (thru 2022), and technically they could franchise or transition tag Mitch, then trade him. 

8 hours ago, ChileBear said:

You must be too young to remember 1969, 1972-5. And now here we are again. No Papa Bear to find us a Ditka and Ryan to lead us to another title.

Yeah a couple of years before my time, the earliest memory I have is of the 78' season. However, you reinforced my point, that was 50 years ago. This is on par with that era as well. 

6 hours ago, ParkerBear7 said:

It really hurts not having a 4th round pick this year with the deep O-line. Pace should be fired for this as it was one if his biggest blunders but probably had to be all in to protect his HC that he brought in.  

Bears could try and sign Dak Prescott, and if the new regime takes 2 OT’s in first 3 rounds could make such a big impact.  Total morale boost to the stars and theywould be excited and want to return.  A-Rob would probably take a team friendly deal for 1-2 seasons.

Prescott is the hail mary, but they would have to move a ton of players (which I am in favor of) to get him. Like I said, trade (Mack, Quinn, Fuller, Jackson), cut Leno, Massie, Graham, and Skrine, and you might have enough for Prescott. 

We are in a 3-year rebuild now, embrace the suck for a few years and understand that 75% of the current team will not be part of the rebuild. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Prescott is the hail mary, but they would have to move a ton of players (which I am in favor of) to get him. Like I said, trade (Mack, Quinn, Fuller, Jackson), cut Leno, Massie, Graham, and Skrine, and you might have enough for Prescott. 

We are in a 3-year rebuild now, embrace the suck for a few years and understand that 75% of the current team will not be part of the rebuild. 

They're stuck with Mack and Quinn until their guaranteed money is off. It is what it is. Possibly Jackson as well, as he's not the same guy he was in 2018. 

Hicks and Fuller should be moved though. Jackson if possible. I still think that Robinson should be franchised and traded. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Yeah a couple of years before my time, the earliest memory I have is of the 78' season. However, you reinforced my point, that was 50 years ago. This is on par with that era as well. 

Yes it freaking is and boy does it suck.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, BearFan NYC said:

they werent gonna win a superbowl either.

Probably not, but we basically bottomed out in the middle of the Fox era and have yet to truly recover. However, it is hard to imagine Smith doing worse than Trestman and Fox given the same teams. 

On 12/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, adam said:

This is the Lovie curse, after the Ditka curse. We have never recovered from moving on from Lovie and Angelo. 

The curse is from not getting Payton a Touchdown in the Super Bowl.  A black mark on this franchise going forward forever.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

Probably not, but we basically bottomed out in the middle of the Fox era and have yet to truly recover. However, it is hard to imagine Smith doing worse than Trestman and Fox given the same teams. 

but with a good GM and coach, we'd be totally different of course

11 hours ago, Bill said:

The man gave his heart, soul, and body for ten years,  Made watching the Bears in the mid 70's and early 80's fun.  No matter how bad they were.  The entire 2nd half should of been focused on getting him TD

Yep, I remember those times. I still can't believe Ditka gave the ball to the Fridge. That was an easy Sweetness TD.