Week 15 Playoff Eliminator Play-In Game, Bears at Vikings, Sunday, 12/20/2020, 12pm, FOX

adam

Both teams come in tied at 6-7, with only 3 games remaining, this has become an elimination game. The team that wins has a 50/50 shot at a playoff slot while the loser is pretty much eliminated from playoff contention.

It really comes down to which one of each of these teams shows up. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to win because if you get in you never know.

The draft is a crapshoot so don’t care about the order. Mitch was the no 1 rated QB so if we would have stayed at 3 and he wasn’t taken would anyone here have passed on him. 

It’s easy with hindsight to say we should have drafted Mahomes or Watson but Trubisky was rated higher. I wonder if Pace wanted to draft Mahomes but choose Trubisky because he was deemed safer. If I remember rightly Mahomes was considered high risk/high reward. 

4 hours ago, 50england50 said:

The draft is a crapshoot so don’t care about the order. Mitch was the no 1 rated QB so if we would have stayed at 3 and he wasn’t taken would anyone here have passed on him. 

It’s easy with hindsight to say we should have drafted Mahomes or Watson but Trubisky was rated higher. I wonder if Pace wanted to draft Mahomes but choose Trubisky because he was deemed safer. If I remember rightly Mahomes was considered high risk/high reward. 

Mitch was the safest pick. The biggest issue with Pace was not doing his due diligence on all the QBs. Watson was never brought in for a private workout. Just from all the stories coming out about the secret visit with Mitch and things like that. Pace really thought he was fooling everyone, then the trade up 1 pick was ridiculous given that there were no teams with enough draft capital and the need to move up to #2 without giving up their entire draft class and next year's pick. 

You definitely play to win because at this point there are several paths to the postseason. The Bears have the tiebreaker against TB, ARZ, and MIN with a win. So this is probably the biggest game for the franchise since the double doink. It would then be followed up by an even more important game in Week 17. 

There is a chance that Week 17 is the Bears playing for the #7 seed and GB is playing for home-field advantage and a first-round bye.

GB has the tiebreaker against NO but may not to the Rams if GB loses to the Bears and the Rams win out. They would have the same record at 12-4 but the Rams would have the better conference record. 

So the best scenario is NO losing to KC, and LAR losing to SEA, while GB wins vs CAR and TEN. In that case they would have the #1 seed wrapped up. I just don't know if they would want to rest their players for 2 weeks? 

TB's schedule is a joke (who makes these schedules?), ATL, DET, ATL to close out the year. 2 dome games and a home game in TB to close out the season. How convenient.

So as much hoopla there is about playoff chances, the only chance for the Bears is to win out and hope ARZ loses one of their next 3 (PHI, SF, @LAR). It is crazy how bad that loss to DET was. 

Offense gets good field position, but can't do anything after a quick pass to Kmet and it's a 3 and out.

Then the defense does the same thing to the Vikings, and Quinn is in on two stops (Nichols gets the sack) and Vildor makes an open field tackle to force 4th down. 

Bears start their 2nd drive with more good field position.

1 minute ago, Bertva said:

You know I thought Monty danced to much in the hole last year, but over the last 3 games I like the way his is running.

Me too, he still does it a little bit but it's quicker now. Before he would do 3-4 stutter steps, now it looks like it is only 1 or 2.

4 minutes ago, Bertva said:

You know I thought Monty danced to much in the hole last year, but over the last 3 games I like the way his is running.

That and it looks like they may have found a decent oline set up.  That large gain Monty had was a thing of beauty with blocking. 

...and Mitchell looks solid with a TD!!!

On 12/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, 50england50 said:

I think Trubisky fits the system that John fox wanted to run in Chicago better then the other two. When he was fired  Trubisky didn't fit the system the system that Nagy wanted to run as well as the other two.  Now I think over the last three games they are running something closes to  Trubisky skill set

That right side is the defense (Vildor) and Nickel cover (Shelly or Smith) will be a place they exploit a lot today.  

A few weeks ago I saw Philly play someone who had several trip formations.  The philly D was really good at identifying their coverage and not losing them in the rubs and picks that come from them.  Vildor hasn’t had much opportunity to work on stuff like that I suspect. 

5 minutes ago, Bertva said:

I like what this Offense is starting to become.

Trubisky looked like hot garbage coming off the bench that first game (Green Bay?) and after the bye...BUT since then has looked a lot better.

Have to say with Lazor calling the O, the current Oline and Mitchell’s smarter play AND his mobility (very important factor) they may be onto something.