Robert Quinn

Pixote

A lot of us, including myself, have voiced negative opinions of Quinn because he only produced 2 sacks last year. However I have read several articles, including the one I have linked below, stating in 2020 he was a top "disruptor" ( #10 with Aaron Donald #6). I've read other articles with him rated even higher. So I'm wondering if I need to give him some slack and hope his sacks increase to what it should be for a "top disruptor" which the article agrees is unusually low.

Next Gen Stats' top 10 disruptors of 2020

13 hours ago, Pixote said:

A lot of us, including myself, have voiced negative opinions of Quinn because he only produced 2 sacks last year. However I have read several articles, including the one I have linked below, stating in 2020 he was a top "disruptor" ( #10 with Aaron Donald #6). I've read other articles with him rated even higher. So I'm wondering if I need to give him some slack and hope his sacks increase to what it should be for a "top disruptor" which the article agrees is unusually low.

Next Gen Stats' top 10 disruptors of 2020

I have no idea how they came up with this stat - but I don't believe it one bit. There are stats and there are stats and in general I'm a pretty pro stat guy but I watched every game and practically every snap of the season and the one constant was that Quinn did absolutely BUTKUS.  I should point out - I could say the same for most of the dline.  Certainly hope some slight changes in scheme from our new DC helps unlock a more consistent pass rush, cause without that - this defense with the young secondary will have issues.  If they can disrupt the pass more consistently while getting back the run stuff that is Goldman - I could see the defense looking pretty good again, even with the young secondary...beyond that, would probably help get Eddie Jackson back to his prime too.  

12 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I have no idea how they came up with this stat - but I don't believe it one bit. There are stats and there are stats and in general I'm a pretty pro stat guy but I watched every game and practically every snap of the season and the one constant was that Quinn did absolutely BUTKUS.  I should point out - I could say the same for most of the dline.  Certainly hope some slight changes in scheme from our new DC helps unlock a more consistent pass rush, cause without that - this defense with the young secondary will have issues.  If they can disrupt the pass more consistently while getting back the run stuff that is Goldman - I could see the defense looking pretty good again, even with the young secondary...beyond that, would probably help get Eddie Jackson back to his prime too.  

I agree, this didn't pass the eye test. I think we still need another edge rusher, maybe Snowden will surprise us. And it is likely that everything will look better with Goldman back. Hopefully Mack has more in the tank, and just couldnt find it last year because the offense was so poor.

And I will be thrilled to be wrong about Quinn.

Quinn absolutely underperformed and the only reason he got any pressure or even close to the QB because they were running away from Mack. Quinn did worse than Floyd and couldn't get off a block to save his life. He looked old and slow to me.