Justin Fields Video

adam

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Have hoped for a QB of this caliber for 58 years.  Yea, I used both hands and double checked the math.  If this doesn't work out like it should it will just send me over the edge.

We very much lucked into Fields. He probably should've been the #1 pick. The misinformation campaign really mislabeled Fields. There is no way you can look at tape of each of the top 5 QBs in this draft and say Fields is the 4th best. There is no way. 

Wilson played at BYU and was average until a great 2020 season against bad competition. He has 9x 300 yd games (Western Michigan, Toledo, SD St, Troy, LA Tech, Houston, Boise St, SD St, and Cen. FL. Boise St was the only legit opponent. 

Lance played 1 game in 2020 and played D2 opponents his entire career. He has only 1x 300 yd game in his career against Western Illinois. That was actually his only game over 250 yds passing in 2019. Somehow that was worthy of the #3 pick (and 3 first round picks). SF gets way too much credit for their draft picks, they passed on Mahomes and Watson, then Jackson, and now Fields. 

Lawrence was anointed as the #1 pick but outside of his size, he still reminds me of a more athletic Mike Glennon. He is the only one I can see being drafted ahead of Fields. 

30 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think he was by far the best choice this year.  Don't know how we ended up with him.  But I'm a life long Bears fan and just have that doubt gene in my blood.  

I feel ya. We have been so close many times. The Trubisky one hurt because no one wanted him, so we have been trying to be really optimistic for the last 4 years. There is a reason he signed as a backup for that amount. 

At least we aren't Cleveland. In the last 40 years, before they drafted Mayfield, their top 2 QBs were Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar. In that same timeframe, we had McMahon, Harbaugh, Kramer, and Cutler which accounted for 20 seasons of that 40.

Almost feels like a fix.  Seems too good to be true with how Fields has everything to be the best of all time.  Smarts, arm strength, speed, durability, played against tough competition.  We will need to find the right pieces to dismantle Mahomes every year to win multiple Superbowls. 

This is going to be such a revelation of Bears offense going forward. We have something special going to occur this year and might as well get positive about the ride. We look at the last two yrs and question everything, but all of that will go away. Pace simultaneously have fixed the Oline, QB position, RB and WR depth. We are about to happen. We question this because of the mistakes that Pace has had, but he has also had some wins. 

Check this out. From his NFL.COM draft profile page, these are his weaknesses:

Weaknesses

• Needs to improve pocket mobility for clean launch points. (Pocket mobility is not an issue, did they watch any of his tape?)
  • Below-average feel for edge pressure, running himself into pressure points. (I did not see this on tape)
  • Field vision is average in face of the blitz. (So average is now a weakness, LOL!)
  • Missed open blitz beaters in the middle of the field against Indiana. (It was 1 freaking game, are they serious?)
  • Gradual operation time prevents expedited release. (This is just making stuff up now)
  • Needs to release ball earlier on anticipatory throws. (How would they know which throws are anticipatory and when he was supposed to release the ball?)
  • Needs to improve eye manipulation as a pro. (I saw him look off many safeties, so I guess moving his head is not considered moving your eyes)
  • Stagnant eyes invite coverage to the passing party. (Same comment, anymore eye comments and we will need an optometrist)
  • Forces receivers to slow for deep throws. (He has been lauded for his deep ball accuracy)
  • Pet spin move as runner got him clocked against Clemson. (It was 1 freaking play, are they serious?)

Yet from the analytics side of the media, he was the most accurate deep ball passer, most accurate under pressure, and scored the highest on aptitude tests. \

Pre-Draft Rankings

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings - 5th (2nd QB)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/ - 5th (2nd QB)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-draft-prospects-2021-player-ranking-big-board/1k5tiozjs62rl1k1weni83rroi - 9th (4th QB) 

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/draft/rankings/_/year/2021 - 11th (4th QB) - ESPN nailed it, wow, and they had Mac Jones as 15th too

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-profiles-pffs-top-300-draft-prospects - 3rd (3rd QB)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-class - 8th (4th QB)

https://www.drafttek.com/2021-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2021-Page-1.asp - 6th (3rd QB)

So this is the weird part, all of these media outlets still had him ranked in the top 9, outside of ESPN at 11, and a bunch had him in the top 5, and he slid to #11?

This is how the draft played out after Miami selected Jaylen Waddle at #6:

Detroit, with Jared Goff at QB, at #7 took Penei Sewell, OT. OK, I get it, everything starts in the trenches, but you are saying that you believe Goff is better than Fields. 
Carolina, with Sam Darnold at QB took Jaycee Horn, CB? Darnold's backup is Will Grier. Darnold flopped worst than Trubisky, yet he is your starter and better than Fields?
Denver, at #9, with Drew Lock at QB, took Pat Surtain, C. They just signed Kyle Fuller, so again, they are saying Drew Lock is better than Fields. 
Then the Eagles traded up to #10, it has to be for Fields right? Nope they took DeVonta Smith, WR with Jalen Hurts at QB? Hurts better than Fields?
Then even the NY Giants, traded out of the position with the Bears, and they have Daniel freaking Jones at QB???? So Jones > Fields?

Just like Watson and Mahomes, teams completely passed on them to have them fall to 10 and 12. Buffalo traded with KC before they had Allen. Cleveland had 2 chances at these QBs, picked Garrett #1, then traded #12 which ultimately was used on Watson. All the teams in the top 12 with an older QB or bad QB did not get enough flack for passing on these guys. Only the Bears because they took Trubisky. 

On 7/17/2021 at 8:49 AM, adam said:Detroit, with Jared Goff at QB, at #7 took Penei Sewell, OT. OK, I get it, everything starts in the trenches, but you are saying that you believe Goff is better than Fields. 
Carolina, with Sam Darnold at QB took Jaycee Horn, CB? Darnold's backup is Will Grier. Darnold flopped worst than Trubisky, yet he is your starter and better than Fields?
Denver, at #9, with Drew Lock at QB, took Pat Surtain, C. They just signed Kyle Fuller, so again, they are saying Drew Lock is better than Fields. 
Then the Eagles traded up to #10, it has to be for Fields right? Nope they took DeVonta Smith, WR with Jalen Hurts at QB? Hurts better than Fields?
Then even the NY Giants, traded out of the position with the Bears, and they have Daniel freaking Jones at QB???? So Jones > Fields?

I don’t believe any of these picks mean they think their QB is necessarily better than Fields and his potential. I think it means they’re content with their cumulative GPA if they keep their passing-grade QB and upgrade the F on their report card.

In other words, improving the C+ in Math and keeping an F in English means you still fail and go to Summer school. 

1 hour ago, jason said:

I don’t believe any of these picks mean they think their QB is necessarily better than Fields and his potential. I think it means they’re content with their cumulative GPA if they keep their passing-grade QB and upgrade the F on their report card.

In other words, improving the C+ in Math and keeping an F in English means you still fail and go to Summer school. 

Jason, the value of the QB position is so much more than any other position. So the weight of the grade on the GPA is so much more than any other. Teams give up 3 first-rounders for a top QB. That could be an OT, LB, and CB. In the case of Fields though, those teams said Goff+Sewell was better than Fields, Darnold+Horn was better than Fields, etc, etc. 

There is a reason why those teams are continually in the bottom half of the league. Denver was crazy, they picked up Fuller which made their defense even better and were a good QB away from competing and decided to go with Lock and Surtain. 

Most top 10 teams have a top 10 QB. Those teams are going with bottom half QBs hoping the rest of team will carry them. My prediction is they all will be in the bottom half of the league at the end of the year (dated 7/18/2021).

3 hours ago, jason said:

I resemble that remark.