Week 2 Official Game Thread - CIN @ CHI , -3, O/U 45, SUN 9/19, 12:00PM CT - FOX

adam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been missed, but our O-Line played every snap of the game last week. That is huge for Peters and Ifedi. The more this group gets reps together, the better they will be as a unit. This is a huge relief with Jenkins and Borom out. 

Another thing to consider, this team is down Jenkins, Borom, Cohen on offense, and Goldman, Trevathan, and Edwards on defense. Most of those guys were expected to be starters or big contributors this year. If the Bears can just hold serve and get to the bye no worse than 5-4, they should have everyone but Jenkins back by then and ready for the second half of the season somewhat healthy. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

This may have been missed, but our O-Line played every snap of the game last week. That is huge for Peters and Ifedi. The more this group gets reps together, the better they will be as a unit. This is a huge relief with Jenkins and Borom out. 

Overall, this is good news.  In watching last week, Peters still struggled and appears to be still working towards "game shape" but agree that having him make it through the whole game is encouraging.  For what its worth, Wilkerson (who was the #3 during the LAR game) did well enough to not contribute to a sack until late in the game.  When I say that I mean specifically Donald.  He didn't get to the QB until late in the game.  Cincy wasn't nearly as much a challenge although they still did get through from time to time.  Cleveland has Clowney and the formidable Myles Garrett coming off the edges from a 4-3 base so that will definitely be a test for the O-line as a whole.  

53 minutes ago, McGowan said:

I'm pretty dismayed by how the interior OL has played. 

I thought they were ok there but they've been pretty bad. 

They have played against Donald (arguably the best defensive player in the NFL) and a Cincy line that is very underrated. Also, they are finally getting consistent reps with the tackles. All things considered, I think they will be fine. 

15 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Overall, this is good news.  In watching last week, Peters still struggled and appears to be still working towards "game shape" but agree that having him make it through the whole game is encouraging.  For what its worth, Wilkerson (who was the #3 during the LAR game) did well enough to not contribute to a sack until late in the game.  When I say that I mean specifically Donald.  He didn't get to the QB until late in the game.  Cincy wasn't nearly as much a challenge although they still did get through from time to time.  Cleveland has Clowney and the formidable Myles Garrett coming off the edges from a 4-3 base so that will definitely be a test for the O-line as a whole.  

As long as Nagy moves the pocket for Fields, I am not too worried. Garrett is more of a problem than Clowney. There is a reason he has been on 4 teams in 4 years. He had two good seasons across from JJ Watt but has only had 3 sacks in the last 3 years. In comparison, Mario Edwards Jr had 4 sacks in limited snaps last year alone.