Week 4 Official Game Thread - DET @ CHI , -3.0, O/U 42.5, SUN 10/3, 12:00PM CT - FOX

adam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref suck. Crawford with a textbook ST tackle on a punt and penalized 15 yards. That gives the Lions the ball in the Bears territory and the Lions eventually score while holding the Bears on every play. Bears 21-7. Did I mention these refs suck?

3 minutes ago, adam said:

Fields has had 4-5 DIMES 20+ yards down the field. Lasers. When he is given a couple of seconds to throw, he is deadly. 

yes Fields can play. It's up to the coaching and talent they put around him (cough OL) going forward, but whatever happens with Fields, he himself can play.

16 minutes ago, adam said:

The ref suck. Crawford with a textbook ST tackle on a punt and penalized 15 yards. That gives the Lions the ball in the Bears territory and the Lions eventually score while holding the Bears on every play. Bears 21-7. Did I mention these refs suck?

The officiating has been horrendous today. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, adam said:

Loser Bowl #1. 10 pts wins. Will the Bears offense get to 100 yards of total offense? Will Nagy continue play-calling duties? A lot of storylines, none of them good for the Bears. Oh by the way, only favored by 3 at home vs the Lions means you suck. 

If Nagy is calling plays, Lions 17-9

If Nagy is not calling the plays, Bears 24-13

If Nagy is fired before the game, Bears 63-0

You were only off by a point!  It was clear Nagy wasn’t calling plays

Victory formation for JF1! Good all around win with a lot of potential.

The Monty injury is huge but the RB room is pretty deep with Williams and Herbert. 

Fields is only going to get better. If he is not named starter next week, fire Nagy.

1 minute ago, BearFan2000 said:

You were only off by a point!  It was clear Nagy wasn’t calling plays

Lol, it was so easy to see. The runs are even different. Plays are linked together. If the refs were calling the game even, it would've been a 20 pt win. 

You could clearly tell Nagy was not calling plays, because they worked. If not for some terrible calls, the Bears would've won by 20+.

The Monty injury sucks, but I really like Williams and Herbert as they are probably better pass catchers than Monty. 

Quinn's emergence has been huge. Quinn, Mack, Gipson, and Smith all with sacks. Quinn also had a strip, and a TFL. He has been earning his pay. The secondary is still an issue. Jackson needs to be benched. He is either out of position or misses a tackle. He is now just a body on the field. Put someone else in there who is willing to tackle. They need to clean up the blown coverages, it seems likely every week they give up 1 TD pass. 

One good thing for next week, the Raiders play MNF in LA. So they have travel back to LV then prep, so they lose at least a day and a half of prep. LV has been playing out of their minds on offense (33, 26, 31 pts), and their defense has allowed 27, 17, and 28. So this is actually a decent matchup for the Bears. They will need to double Waller and make someone else beat them.

8 minutes ago, adam said:

They need to clean up the blown coverages, it seems likely every week they give up 1 TD pass. 

This is the most baffling to me.  This was where Desai cut his teeth but is easily the weakest postion on D.  The late TD by Detroit was due to Bush being sucked in and out of position.  Meanwhile Jackson was busy complaining (to who I don’t know) and not trying to talk up he teammate.  

5 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

This is the most baffling to me.  This was where Desai cut his teeth but is easily the weakest postion on D.  The late TD by Detroit was due to Bush being sucked in and out of position.  Meanwhile Jackson was busy complaining (to who I don’t know) and not trying to talk up he teammate.  

It's not scheme, its the players. Shelley looked better, but man the Safeties are terrible. They confused themselves between who is playing zone and man. They need to have better communication and those plays just cannot happen. Danny T will help when he is able to return. 

Jackson is such a liability but there is no way they are going to bench him. He is so reluctant to tackle it is sickening.

1 hour ago, adam said:

It's not scheme, its the players. Shelley looked better, but man the Safeties are terrible.

And I blame Desai for not recognizing who is good at the positions they play.  As much a fan I am of Vildor I cringe when I see him one on one knowing the Safeties are supposed to cover if he’s not able.  Yeah Shelly looked better but all these guys are gonna get ate up against the likes of Carr, Rodgers and Brady in the next three weeks if they don’t start improving and quick.  

34 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

And I blame Desai for not recognizing who is good at the positions they play.  As much a fan I am of Vildor I cringe when I see him one on one knowing the Safeties are supposed to cover if he’s not able.  Yeah Shelly looked better but all these guys are gonna get ate up against the likes of Carr, Rodgers and Brady in the next three weeks if they don’t start improving and quick.  

I agree on Desai, they need to find the best players for the positions. They need Danny T back and Mario Edwards to play like he did last year. Goldman finally got a game under his belt, he will only get better, which is good. I don't like when they only use 2x DL with Mack and Quinn. That is a light box. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

It's not scheme, its the players. Shelley looked better, but man the Safeties are terrible. They confused themselves between who is playing zone and man. They need to have better communication and those plays just cannot happen. Danny T will help when he is able to return. 

Jackson is such a liability but there is no way they are going to bench him. He is so reluctant to tackle it is sickening.

I don't think I want to bench Ogletree.  

This is the game I expect to see from Fields, slow and steady with some splash plays sprinkled in.  Except to be honest, seeing a QB who can hit WRs in-stride deep down the field in tiny windows like he did with ARob and Mooney is not something I should say I ever expected to see from a Bears QB.  Cutler had a great arm but he was still more of a line-of-sight passer.  Fields can alter trajectory to be line-of-sight or to rain a pass down right into the cradle as he did with Mooney.    Arm talent aside he's still got a lot to learn as he was slow getting through the reads at times.  However, we saw in the preseason where he can learn game-to-game, and even within a game.   This week just adds to my confidence that he's going to be even better next week.  I'm pretty sure Andy Dalton's half-hearted congratulations to Fields on the sideline at the end of the game indicates he knows what we all know...he just got Wally Pipp'd.  

That said there is even more to the offense they can add in as Field's gains experience but I'm good if they go on the road with this same run game and play-action style.  

A few more shoutouts:  

Oline.  Still not perfect but 188yds on the ground in any NFL game is a very good day.  They earned it after the debacle last week and we all know the boo-birds were just waiting for the first big mistake to happen.  Those yards weren't because of Fields scrambling either because he only had 9yd.    

Shelley:  looked really poor in preseason and week 1.  He getting better each week.  

Ogletree:   leads team in 10 tackles.  For a late FA add he's playing really well and he's being more physical at the point of attack than I expected.  

Trevis Gipson:  He shows up in every game and as he gains experience we might have a solid 3-man rotation off the edge by mid-season.    

Montgomery:  He had a really good game and I'm going to miss watching him.  I'm hoping for the best but it seems likely his season is over.  He made our Oline look better than they are and we'll miss that.  

Mooney:   He wasn't dropping that first deep pass near the left sideline.  Great game overall with 125yds on just 5 receptions.   

1 hour ago, adam said:

I agree on Desai, they need to find the best players for the positions. They need Danny T back and Mario Edwards to play like he did last year. Goldman finally got a game under his belt, he will only get better, which is good. I don't like when they only use 2x DL with Mack and Quinn. That is a light box. 

Question is, are the best players for the positions even on the roster. Our secondary is Easily the weakest part of our defensive roster.