Week 4 Official Game Thread - DET @ CHI , -3.0, O/U 42.5, SUN 10/3, 12:00PM CT - FOX

adam

Loser Bowl #1. 10 pts wins. Will the Bears offense get to 100 yards of total offense? Will Nagy continue play-calling duties? A lot of storylines, none of them good for the Bears. Oh by the way, only favored by 3 at home vs the Lions means you suck. 

If Nagy is calling plays, Lions 17-9

If Nagy is not calling the plays, Bears 24-13

If Nagy is fired before the game, Bears 63-0

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is impossible to predict.  We know based on last year, Lazor taking over took about 2 games to really have a good impact.  So, I think it'll not make an enormous difference.  Who the QB should make a difference, but I'm not sure on the exacts.  Foles could be great for one game.  Dalton, probably meh.  Fields will probably struggle.  One thing for certain, despite it being the Lions, etc...they have played hard on their 3 losses.  I expect no different against us.  In fact, I expect them wanting us even more being divisional rivals and looking like we might be ripe for the picking. 

I think Detroit wins a close one.  I have no faith in coaching.

So based on Brad Biggs’ article in the Trib today, the Cleveland game was essentially Field’s fault, because he’s a rookie. The media coverage for Nagy is astounding. I know I read the article with bias but it sure sounds like the spin is that there really wasn’t a play calling or scheme issue, just the line blocking poorly and a rookie QB. Gutless is what I’d paint it as, throwing the kid under the bus when the coach is simply shit

20 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

So based on Brad Biggs’ article in the Trib today, the Cleveland game was essentially Field’s fault, because he’s a rookie. The media coverage for Nagy is astounding. I know I read the article with bias but it sure sounds like the spin is that there really wasn’t a play calling or scheme issue, just the line blocking poorly and a rookie QB. Gutless is what I’d paint it as, throwing the kid under the bus when the coach is simply shit

Did he miss some throws, sure, did he hold onto the ball too long, yes. However, that's it, Nagy did zero to help out his young QB. It would've been better if you had a monkey mashing on a Playstation controller in Madden than what Nagy did on Sunday.

The game should have started out run, run, screen. Then run, run, RPO. Then run, RPO, pass. Nagy did nothing to stop the pass rush from dialing it into "meet at the QB". Dalton would've made 2-3 more completions than Fields by getting the ball out of his hands quicker, but that's it. Dalton would've been sacked 7 times.

The O-Line was terrible, but there are ways to mask the deficiencies. If Peters is better at run blocking, scheme a bunch of runs his way and move the pocket away from him with roll outs. 

Just by listening to Nagy's news conferences, he comes across as a dumb jock, no offense to dumb jocks. He is cocky, thinks he knows it all, and his way is best, yet he doesn't realize he is the bald guy with a red nose on. 

My strongest wish for this week, is that we win 21-20 with three D/ST TD's, while our offense gains one more yard than last week.  Nagy at the post game presser talks about progress made with the one used increase.  Then, like a fantasy movie, Virginia flies across the room feet first and ninja kicks Nagy from the podium.  I can see it when I close my eyes and it is blissfull...

4 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Now THAT would a sight … and absolutely hilarious.  

and Nagy, having sent all four of his body guards out on errands, like fetching coffee or snacks, is left completely unprotected. It does no even occur to Nagy to move to the left or the right, and he gets it square in the nuts.

"I have to find out the whys" he was later quoted as saying, albeit it several octaves up.

So now Nagy is not naming the play-caller nor the starting QB for Sunday citing competitive advantage. He is literally a clown. I just don't understand how people can be so incompetent at their jobs yet are not held accountable to the same standard as a kid flipping burgers for minimum wage is. 

The Bears are 17-20 dating back to the double doink with 2 playoff losses in there and zero has changed since.

18 hours ago, BearFan NYC said:

and Nagy, having sent all four of his body guards out on errands, like fetching coffee or snacks, is left completely unprotected. It does no even occur to Nagy to move to the left or the right, and he gets it square in the nuts.

"I have to find out the whys" he was later quoted as saying, albeit it several octaves up.

In my vision it's a direct hit to the jaw, with spit and teeth flying.  In slow motion!

Wow, what a difference the Lions make lol. 

Two TD drives and takeaway by the defense. Bears 14-0.

Fields with a deep pass to Mooney in stride! We haven't seen that in years. 

You can tell someone else is calling plays. The runs are different, the plays are taking what the defense is giving them. This is what an NFL offense looks like.

The defense has a RZ takeaway and now a turnover on downs in two drives. I don't like that the Lions are moving the ball to get there, but the end result is working out.

BTW, Eddie Jackson is worthless. He is the 11th player on the field, that's it. Quinn is legit, a TFL and some pressures. He will get a sack today.

35 minutes ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

On cue, a strip sack is good enough.  I take back all the bad things I said about Quinn last year.  

Me too, the team wasn't very forthcoming on his injury last year, but you can see the family speed. He is very disruptive and not just on the pass rush, getting in the backfield on run plays too. Great to see.

Now Shelley has a PBU on 3rd Down. 

Fields with two huge passes, one to ARob, then a drop into the bucket to Mooney on the sideline to setup another TD run. Fields is 8-12 for 169 yds, that is over 20 yards per reception. Which is something this team has not seen since Smokin Jay.