Week 6 Official Game Thread - GB @ CHI , +4.5, O/U 45, SUN 10/17, 12PM CT - FOX

adam

13 hours ago, adam said:

By the way, did anyone else notice Nagy having his card back in front of his face. I will have to watch the game again, but some said he didn't have it in the first quarter, then was seen with it in the 2nd and 3rd quarters (when everything stalled), and didn't have it again in the 4th. The 2x TD drives were in the 1st and 4th.

Check this out:

If that is the case, Nagy should be fired. 

I think this is just an old schtick.  Nagy has the keys to the kingdom in his hand. Fields takes steps forward 2nd half of the year - he will be here. If he doesn't, he's gone.  I'm not going to overanalyze as he is the head coach and will clearly know what plays are coming in or not, but its pretty clear at this point, Lazor is the man running and we can't just point fingers at Nagy everytime a series goes wrong...oh he must be calling plays again. 

No the bigger question is Nagy's scheme at this point...and I think it is ridiculously predictable...that said, I think we will have a pretty clear choice at the end of the season. Either arrow is pointing upward on Fields and if that happens we are probably right around .500 and potential 7 seed....or the offense is still struggling and Fields is looking like a rookie (doesn't mean Fields won't be the guy...more that he hasn't exploded onto the scene yet) and the Bears will head a new direction with the HC.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I can’t swear by it but if I recall, Nagy was carrying a scaled down play card for most of the game.  I’m pretty sure I saw him with it during the 1st quarter.  It definitely wasn’t the size of Dennys menu like what he normally carries.  I don’t recall him ever holding it up to his face between plays so I’m thinking it was more a prop. But I can’t swear he didn’t call plays for the 2nd and 3rd quarter.  For as awful as the team played during that time it sure seemed like it. 

Another thing to take note in is are the off field exchanges between Fields and Nagy.  There’s definitely a Cutler-Mike Tice vibe there.  Back when Trubiksy played whenever he’d come off the field and Nagy ran to talk with him, Trub would appear to hang on his every word.  Not so much with Justin.  I’ve picked up on it a few games now; especially after Lazor started calling plays.  This video reminded me of it.  

I haven't noticed it and to be honest, if Fields had that vibe, that would be a major issue to me. He's a rookie -> respect your coach.  I don't get that at all, but I do think he's comfortable to ask questions and be engaged in the play calling and the film review, etc, where as I think Trubisky didn't have that swagger to bounce back from issues (honestly - I think that was his biggest issue in CHicago), so he hung on every word from coach vs. having that dialogue with coaches - it really is important to have that 2 way conversation so things can be more tailored.

I do think there is the element of Nagy as HC has a ton to be responsible for during the game.  

14 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

I can’t swear by it but if I recall, Nagy was carrying a scaled down play card for most of the game.  I’m pretty sure I saw him with it during the 1st quarter.  It definitely wasn’t the size of Dennys menu like what he normally carries.  I don’t recall him ever holding it up to his face between plays so I’m thinking it was more a prop. But I can’t swear he didn’t call plays for the 2nd and 3rd quarter.  For as awful as the team played during that time it sure seemed like it. 

Another thing to take note in is are the off field exchanges between Fields and Nagy.  There’s definitely a Cutler-Mike Tice vibe there.  Back when Trubiksy played whenever he’d come off the field and Nagy ran to talk with him, Trub would appear to hang on his every word.  Not so much with Justin.  I’ve picked up on it a few games now; especially after Lazor started calling plays.  This video reminded me of it.  

Maybe someone gave him a fake small one and a broken headset so he could make believe he is calling plays.  Like a Fisher Price "my first play calling set"