Tackle status

Uncle Buck

39 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’ve not found any updates on our two rookie tackles; I thought Borom was eligible to return after the Detroit game. Anyone have an update? Thanks in advance!

Injured reserve is for a minimum of 3 weeks. My understanding is a high-ankle sprain can take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. 

I don't think Jenkins plays this year. 

Peace

From Pace 2 weeks ago, very vague:

On the status of injured rookie offensive linemen Teven Jenkins and Larry Borom:

"Both those guys are working really hard. They continue to progress. They're both on schedule. It's a really good, combined effort with our trainers and strength coaches, along with those players being fully committed to that timeline to get them back as soon as possible. But they're both working hard and they're both on schedule."

Maybe they can insert Elijah Wilkinson at right tackle instead of Germain Ifedi, but they still have a left tackle problem until rookie fifth round pick Larry Borom returns from IR and he has to miss at least one more game. 

I was figuring 4-6 weeks for Borom (so Week 5-7), this week is Week 6, so they may just hold him out until the bye in Week 10. If Jenkins ever plays, Thanksgiving (THU) against Detroit would be a good game he would get extended rest after his first game before Arizona 10 days later.

My predictions:

Borom is back vs SF at home, Week 8
Jenkins is back at DET, Week 12 on Thanksgiving or doesn't play all year.

When they come back, they will not start but be available for backup duty. Probably only play if an injury pops up. Our Oline seems suited for running the ball and be physical. They can manipulate play callings to minimize shady pass protections.  Its not a good situation but seems stable the last two games.