Braxton Jones PFW All-Rookie Team

AZ54

3 hours ago, adam said:

I think they are ok with Jones, Whitehair, and Jenkins for 2023 and will address C and RT with some depth at G. 

I think there is a good chance Whitehair is gone. He simply costs too much, and even with his dead cap money, you could replace him with the cap savings from cutting him.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

I think there is a good chance Whitehair is gone. He simply costs too much, and even with his dead cap money, you could replace him with the cap savings from cutting him.

If Poles can replace him with a younger player at about the same cost, he may go for it, so the line can grow together with the young guys. Patrick had a bad year but probably shouldn't count him out quite yet, he had something going for him for Poles to get him to begin with. Poles set it up to cut him for 500 k dead money if he didn't work out. But I suspect he brings guys in to compete and picks he best 5.

17 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

If Poles can replace him with a younger player at about the same cost, he may go for it, so the line can grow together with the young guys. Patrick had a bad year but probably shouldn't count him out quite yet, he had something going for him for Poles to get him to begin with. Poles set it up to cut him for 500 k dead money if he didn't work out. But I suspect he brings guys in to compete and picks he best 5.

all that is good, but i mean, I think he can find a player who is simply better than Whitehair. I think Whitehair may have looked good next to some other players, but he is not really that good objectively.

18 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

Whitehair is a nice veteran presence as this point and an upgrade would be minimal if you could only use the cap savings. I can see them doing that after 2023 though, when the cap savings is considerably higher and you can get an upgrade for the savings.

I think Whitehair is a decision made late in the offseason.  Most likely we'll wait to see if a young player like Carter can take over, or possibly even a 2023 draft pick   That could also involve a FA we bring in late (someone else's camp cut since we are first on the waiver wire).  

spending money is easy. the question is, if you cut Whitehair, with the cap money you save in doing that, could you afford a better player? or forget the money - just is there a better player than Whitehair? I say yes. He isnt that good, he just looked good playing next to the Mustipher.

the OL is WIDE open for Poles.