Jalen Carter accused of two vehicular hommi’s

killakrzydav

Tragic event. This type of crazy stuff happens all the time. I am surprised more people don't get caught or killed/injured.

These dudes with incredible opportunities are so dumb some times. If you have that type of opportunity, why risk it partying (most of the time underage).

Don't these guys know most places have traffic cams, even if they are not for red lights they record everything.

If there is video of this, it will be a lot worse for him. 

It is too bad.  I've been hearing and reading many people say he is only a kid and it is a misdemeanor, like it is okay.  Imagine being the parents of the kids that died.  Knowing he didn't even call 911,  that would be public record if he did.  He may get exonerated, but that won't erase concerns of his character.  I do not think the McCaskeys will allow Poles to draft him.  

This seals in Tyree Wilson DE as my defensive player to build around.  Trade down and gain the capital. 

46 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

It is too bad.  I've been hearing and reading many people say he is only a kid and it is a misdemeanor, like it is okay.  Imagine being the parents of the kids that died.  Knowing he didn't even call 911,  that would be public record if he did.  He may get exonerated, but that won't erase concerns of his character.  I do not think the McCaskeys will allow Poles to draft him.  

This seals in Tyree Wilson DE as my defensive player to build around.  Trade down and gain the capital. 

but the people that died were in another car, and he didnt hit them or anything. He was speeding, racing, a misdemeanor. This isn't a deep moral issue.

It is very sad that people died, but I don't think Carter is the reason they died. He will be charged with what he did, and he'll drop 5 to 10 slots in the draft.

Remember when Warren Sapp got caught smoking pot, back when that was a big deal? This will be the same.

Lance Briggs crashed his car and fled the scene of his crash. No one talked about cutting him?

49 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

but the people that died were in another car, and he didnt hit them or anything. He was speeding, racing, a misdemeanor. This isn't a deep moral issue.

Teammates/friends is not random people. It is a little damaging that he didn't call for help.  

It is very sad that people died, but I don't think Carter is the reason they died. He will be charged with what he did, and he'll drop 5 to 10 slots in the draft.

Carter believes evidence will clear him.  His character before had scouts concerned, this might be enough.  

Remember when Warren Sapp got caught smoking pot, back when that was a big deal? This will be the same.

It caused him to drop to 12.  He was slotted higher.  

Lance Briggs crashed his car and fled the scene of his crash. No one talked about cutting him?

I am pretty sure 670 discussed that he needs disciplined or cut. It was a pretty big flag against his character during that time. 

Answers above. 

I hope this don't drag out and the courts can let the public know. 

This sort of thing has happened before and cost the player a fortune. I can remember years back when OL La'el Collins was projected to be a high first round selection. Just before the draft police questioned him in regards to a murder investigation. He went undrafted. It turned out he wasn't involved with the murder at all, completely innocent. Dallas wound up signing him as an UFA. Cost him millions of dollars when he did nothing wrong.

6 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

It's tragic but he wasn't driving the other car that got in the accident. Not sure how much blame he should get for being reckless by racing a friend. I did that several times as a teenager. A group of friends with hot cars use to go to a

country road and race once a week. If he comes out that he was drunk and caused the accident, that's different.  There has been players that committed domestic violence, actually been involved in homicide (Ray Lewis), and were slapped on the wrist before. Sometimes adults have to be responsible for their own actions, and not always another persons fault. 

Poles came from KC that drafted a women abuser in Tyrek Hill. I don't hear the outrage of that. 

I wouldn't have a problem if we still drafted him. Am I looking at this wrong in a society that every event has to have outrage?

2 hours ago, killakrzydav said:

It’s not like dude is productive, y’all want an unproductive player at 1? 6? Or 56? Give me a guy who makes plays every time

Tyree is several years away. Y’all want a project?

I always like to draft productive players, he's on a team that rotates their players because they're all good plus he had some injuries last year. But he has so many experts praising him, it's hard not to think about choosing him. I think it affects his draft position but not dropping out of the first round. Would everyone be cool if we drafted both him and Anderson some how.

I am hearing people say this is going to hurt the Bears chances to trade down. In reality, it will help them because if Levis was projected to go #5 because of Young, Stroud, Carter, and Anderson, he is now #4. So in reality, the Bears double trade down scenario with HOU, then IND looks a lot more realistic.

36 minutes ago, Connorbear said:

The other aspect that hasn't been mentioned is the fact he lied about his involvement/location on multiple occasions, which speaks to his character. That is a huge concern to me. 

Peace

Agree.  Left his teammates/friends to die, fled the scene, and lied to authorities.  He needs to speak the truth and admit he made a mistake.  If he can stand up to it publicly, then maybe I would be okay if the Bears take him.  Mistakes happen, just come forward.

11 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Agree.  Left his teammates/friends to die, fled the scene, and lied to authorities.  He needs to speak the truth and admit he made a mistake.  If he can stand up to it publicly, then maybe I would be okay if the Bears take him.  Mistakes happen, just come forward.

You're right about exposing his character but if lying was the a measuring stick for the NFL, lots of players wouldn't be in the league. Anyone that's got in trouble originally lied about it.

3 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

You're right about exposing his character but if lying was the a measuring stick for the NFL, lots of players wouldn't be in the league. Anyone that's got in trouble originally lied about it.

I just do not see that character fitting Poles, Eberflus and for sure not the McCaskeys.  There are many teams that will take the chance but the Bears are not. 

4 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I just do not see that character fitting Poles, Eberflus and for sure not the McCaskeys.  There are many teams that will take the chance but the Bears are not. 

What if they trade back a couple of times , they move back to 9 and he's the top player on the board? I think they would consider it.