Backup QB

ChileBear

They had some odd choices with Peterman, Sieman, and Boyle. Those guys were terrible and none of them was really useful as a backup to Fields.  I assume Poles will at least draft one later for the PS, but I would assume they want a vet as a backup.  I just know if they want a Brissett or Bridgewater level guy who has some mobility or someone like Mariota who runs more often, or if they want a cheaper one. 

Either way, that spot is going to be interesting to see where it goes.

I'm good with keeping Seimian this year as the primary backup.  He meshed well with Fields and you could see that on the sidelines when they were reviewing plays.  There are so many other holes to fill this year.  The better the rest of the roster is the more likely a backup is to win games which is what you saw in SF last year.  

Dorian Thompson-Robinson is a very good athlete but he is frustrating to watch because there are so many WTF throws.  You saw that at the combine too and that's a very easy environment to throw passes because there is nobody in your face.  As a UDFA he'd be worth a shot if your QB coach thinks that is fixable.