Teven Jenkins

AZ54

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but Teven was on the radio with Jeff Joniak.   He sounds like he's in a much better place mentally this year and more focused on his craft.  His interview starts around 12min mark.  

Hopefully he has a better attitude. Definitely a quality OG when on the field. I don't remember my maturity level at that age, but my dad turned over a plumbing business at 23 so I was forced to be responsible, probably didn't want to wreck my party years but was forced to.

Every Thursday night on ESPN 1000!  I've been listening to the station for years and starting this year, they are the official station of the Bears.  If you download the ESPN Chicago app, you can listen anytime.  They also broadcast video on Twitch.  I love calling into the Carmen and Jurko show, because Jurko is a fellow big guy and I like to talk trenches.  

Loved listening to Jenkins, it sounds like he's found peace with his role.  More than anything, he's stated how much he values teammates showing up in his personal life.  That's a big deal for a kid that needs good influences.

8 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Loved listening to Jenkins, it sounds like he's found peace with his role.  More than anything, he's stated how much he values teammates showing up in his personal life.  That's a big deal for a kid that needs good influences.

I caught that too, he was pretty genuine about how much that meant to him.  Kudos to Justin for making the time to attend.  

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in Thailand I listened on Audacy  . The cool thing with Audacy is you can go back and play segments with descriptions of what was talked about. You can go back 24 hours. Pick and choose what you want to hear. When home it comes in perfect being in the Rockford area. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

Appears more mature, always had the physicality. Now just have to wait and see if his injuries are in the past.

keeping fingers crossed that he will avoid any major injuries, especially with his back/neck.

54 minutes ago, adam said:

keeping fingers crossed that he will avoid any major injuries, especially with his back/neck.

Listen to his press conference from yesterday. He outlines what he’s been doing to improve his body and avoid those injuries.  

I think when Eddie Jackson came into the league, he carried an injury concern. In his 6 years, he played at least 64% of the snaps every year and that was last year.  The point is no you take care of your body, you be able to play the majority of games. I think Jenkins is learning to take care of his body and mentally is in a better place.

50 minutes ago, Stinger226 said:

I think when Eddie Jackson came into the league, he carried an injury concern. In his 6 years, he played at least 64% of the snaps every year and that was last year.  The point is no you take care of your body, you be able to play the majority of games. I think Jenkins is learning to take care of his body and mentally is in a better place.

He has been more open this year with the media/fans.  He will be playing for his next contract too, so he needs to put in a solid healthy season.  I will be rooting for him to become one of the NFLs top 5 Guards.