Nate Davis is back at OTAs

BearFan PHX

I see where Davis is practicing with the team now - good sign.

I think the right side of our OL is going to be 90s Cowboy-like. Cant wait to see it.

You could probably use Davis and Wright instead of bulldozers for the new stadium construction, wherever that's going to be.

Jaylon Johnson also was in camp.  Like the OL being upgraded, our D backfield will also be a strength with everyone healthy.  Jaylon will be auditioning for a contract, so i expect him to be on another level this season. 

Seems like everyone is hungry to play, Kahil Herbert wants to be the guy, Trevis Gibson wants to be a sack artist, Claypool saying good things and wants to be a big part.  It is the cheerleading part of the season when everything can be Rah-Rah!

The oline with the revisions might be the most exciting though.  Jenkins pairing with Braxton Jones and Davis with Wright and then captain Whitehair being the leader.  

2 hours ago, adam said:

I have seen some saying the Davis signing may be the most underrated by the end of the year.  

I think I read somewhere where both Jenkins and Davis were rated (PFF) in the top 10 of guards last year. Don't buy into PFF completely but it is one way to measure players. I remember one year where Adrian Amos was rated the top safety. Very good but wasn't the best.

2 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

I think I read somewhere where both Jenkins and Davis were rated (PFF) in the top 10 of guards last year. Don't buy into PFF completely but it is one way to measure players. I remember one year where Adrian Amos was rated the top safety. Very good but wasn't the best.

I feel good about our starting Oline.  I know question remain on Braxton Jones and Jenkins plus we have a rookie at RT but knowing their history from last year that without any improvement (unlikely) the floor is still good.   My big concern is who is the backup OT?   I'll guess that Wright is the backup LT and someone else steps in at RT if needed but that has to play out in training camp.  Adding a vet OT is still on the table as we did last year but could someone like Diesch, or even Leatherwood, earn that backup role?     

Backup interior has a lot more competition and it seems that Carter and Patrick have the lead on that right now followed by Eiselen.  Figure Leatherwood is in that mix as well.  Where is Borom at, OT/OG?   

Last year's mandatory OTAs sort of settled a lot of questions (even if we didn't think so at the time) and gave us a good idea who would be where in training camp and to start the season.  I think after or during those OTAs is when Poles added Reiff.  

PFF is random. sometimes they will get it "right" - so despite PFF, I DO think Davis is extremely underrated. I think Wright is going to be a monster. I hope Jenkins does well on the left side too. I figure Whitehair is an average starter, so 11th, 15th whatever. He will get the calls right, and hopefully he will execute his blocks. I do trust him to get protections right, but I dont think he is a dominant physical presence the way Davis and Wright are going to be.

8 hours ago, AZ54 said:

I feel good about our starting Oline.  I know question remain on Braxton Jones and Jenkins plus we have a rookie at RT but knowing their history from last year that without any improvement (unlikely) the floor is still good.   My big concern is who is the backup OT?   I'll guess that Wright is the backup LT and someone else steps in at RT if needed but that has to play out in training camp.  Adding a vet OT is still on the table as we did last year but could someone like Diesch, or even Leatherwood, earn that backup role?     

Backup interior has a lot more competition and it seems that Carter and Patrick have the lead on that right now followed by Eiselen.  Figure Leatherwood is in that mix as well.  Where is Borom at, OT/OG?   

Last year's mandatory OTAs sort of settled a lot of questions (even if we didn't think so at the time) and gave us a good idea who would be where in training camp and to start the season.  I think after or during those OTAs is when Poles added Reiff.  

Ourlad's has the Bears depth chart (projection) listing Borom-Leatherwood-Robert Haskins as backups at RT. LT is Kellen Diesch-Josh Luggs-Roy Mbaeteka as backups. Like you the backup OTs for both spots concern me. A vet that can play both would be best but LT would be the biggest concern. Training camp will show us if the backups have anything.