Teven Jenkins will miss time with stained calves

BearFan PHX

Here's another point to ponder.  Jurko just said that he's only heard of one player EVER to have two calf injuries at the same time.  It was Guy McIntire, formerly of the Niners and Packers.  He was prescribed to miss exactly six weeks due to blood clots in his lower legs.  He was prescribed Coumadin to dissolve the clots, which is the reason for that amount of time.  I've read about many cases of people getting blood clots and having mysterious heart conditions after taking the covid vaccine.  This is all conjecture, but food for thought.

2 hours ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Too early to call for that in my opinion.  He is just now getting into his prime at G.  He might be a top 5 player at his position IF he can stay healthy during the season. He is one reason 2 yard pass plays turn to 50 yd TDs.  They need to keep investing in the draft for sure, but right now they need a long term Center solution and a huge investment on the DE.  Grab a mid-round G and OT. 

yeah I was thinking 3rd round / 4th round. and youre right, if you can keep him on the field he is coming into his prime. but you need a viable backup to roll with him, and that makes you wonder if youre not better off with another player in the long term.

Its hard to walk away from talent, but I dont see the Bears investing a big contract in him after the 2024 season. That makes him someone you roll with this year, but next year will be his last before a big deal, and you might already be transitioning into another player depending on how the draft falls. And yeah, I agree, probably a 3rd or 4th rounder.

You probably keep Jenkins on the roster in 2024, because you want that rookie to have a year to grow, hit the weight room etc. but he wont be your future plans in 2024.

It's too bad too, because when he's healthy i think he's gonna be a beast.

2 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

Here's another point to ponder.  Jurko just said that he's only heard of one player EVER to have two calf injuries at the same time.  It was Guy McIntire, formerly of the Niners and Packers.  He was prescribed to miss exactly six weeks due to blood clots in his lower legs.  He was prescribed Coumadin to dissolve the clots, which is the reason for that amount of time.  I've read about many cases of people getting blood clots and having mysterious heart conditions after taking the covid vaccine.  This is all conjecture, but food for thought.

very interesting. i hadnt considered clots. what a time to be alive.

9 hours ago, Mongo3451 said:

I 100% hope that is not what he's dealing with.  High risk stuff and actually quite painful.  I think this staff does a good job taking care of the players and for his own safety won't clear him to play until it's all good.  

On 8/24/2023 at 10:08 AM, Mongo3451 said:

I've read about many cases of people getting blood clots and having mysterious heart conditions after taking the covid vaccine

To be clear, the same (or very similar) freak issues can come from actually contracting COVID itself.  As do a lot of other things for that matter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

To be clear, the same (or very similar) freak issues can come from actually contracting COVID itself.  As do a lot of other things for that matter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's a good point too. The spike protein causes these clotting issues, whether they got there from a COVID infection, or from the mRNA shot that programs your cells to create COVID vaccine, which includes the same spike protein. Either way.

9 minutes ago, killakrzydav said:

😂 😂 

hide the tin foil

there no tin foil to any of what was said. these are straight facts, literally no one disputes them.

1) The Covid protein makes people sick (it is a virus) and the spike protein in its shape is responsible for clotting and other side effects. Thats why people who get Covid have a lot of the side effects that come with getting sick with Covid

2) The Covid mRNA jab puts mRNA in your body where it programs some of your cells to make Covid vaccine. That's how it works.

3) Vaccines are a portion of the full protein, that is incomplete, so you dont get sick from it, but it trains your body 's immune system so it can fight the infection. In this case the portion of the Covid protein that is in the vaccine is the famous spike protein.

4) whether present in the blood by Covid infection or mRNA inoculation, the spike protein causes clotting issues.

None of this is in dispute by anyone - from the CDC to the most anti vaxers. These are facts that everyone agrees with on all sides.

The tin foil hat comment is just ignorant of the facts - and again, I have not said anything here that isnt agreed on by all sides including the CDC etc. Literally nothing here is in dispute.

36 minutes ago, BearFan PHX said:

The tin foil hat comment is just ignorant of the facts - and again, I have not said anything here that isnt agreed on by all sides including the CDC etc. Literally nothing here is in dispute.

I think he was just kidding. Given what the world has gone through the last few years, we've all come to understand that we were lied to by those we elected and hired to lead.  I'm simply glad we're all here to bust balls and plan the future of our beloved Bears.

Just now, Mongo3451 said:

I think he was just kidding. Given what the world has gone through the last few years, we've all come to understand that we were lied to by those we elected and hired to lead.  I'm simply glad we're all here to bust balls and plan the future of our beloved Bears.

fair enough. I didnt think it was a joke, but youre right I could have missed it. if so, apologies to Killa.

I do know that we are politically divided as a nation, and I wouldnt want to bring any disputed or partisan issues into this board. We are united by our shared love of the Bears, and there is no need to infect this awesome place with that divisive stuff, from either side. So I definitely wasn't trying to do any of that.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

there no tin foil to any of what was said. these are straight facts, literally no one disputes them.

1) The Covid protein makes people sick (it is a virus) and the spike protein in its shape is responsible for clotting and other side effects. Thats why people who get Covid have a lot of the side effects that come with getting sick with Covid

2) The Covid mRNA jab puts mRNA in your body where it programs some of your cells to make Covid vaccine. That's how it works.

3) Vaccines are a portion of the full protein, that is incomplete, so you dont get sick from it, but it trains your body 's immune system so it can fight the infection. In this case the portion of the Covid protein that is in the vaccine is the famous spike protein.

4) whether present in the blood by Covid infection or mRNA inoculation, the spike protein causes clotting issues.

None of this is in dispute by anyone - from the CDC to the most anti vaxers. These are facts that everyone agrees with on all sides.

Misfiring on a lot of cellular biology here.  Let's get back to football.  

27 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

Misfiring on a lot of cellular biology here.  Let's get back to football.  

nope. not even close. If we want to avoid this topic, thats fine, but youre not gonna claim anything i said was wrong or even controversial while pretending not to say anything and suggesting we not say anything.

I said nothing partisan or even at issue. The CDC agrees as do anti vaxxers. Nothing in that list was even slightly incorrect or debated.

If this helps, I did not even claim the mRNA breaks into the nucleus or reprograms DNA or anything like that. But 100% mRNA does cause the body to create COVID vaccine in the body. That's its entire purpose. And Covid vaccine includes the spike protein, and the spike protein is linked to clotting. Nothing at all controversial in any of that.

So you can either apologize for misreading me and then claiming I'm misfiring, or you can cite what you're talking about.

I don't think this is the place for this debate, so if you want to avoid having it here, don't make short little put downs. But this hit and run, and then back to football is BS.

Wanna just stop talking about it? Cool. But don't get in some last word non specific dig on the way out, especially when you're either wrong or you misread me.

I think we can do a better job of mutual respect here AZ. You wouldn't like it if I spoke to you that way either.

If this helps any of the readers of this thread, two seconds of googling provided this article on the NIH website. The NIH is the National Institute of Health, a government agency that was leading the way to the deployment of the COVID vaccine, so they are no anti-vax source. You couldnt find a source closer to the center of the production of the vaccine than the NIH (along with the CDC of course, they work together).

Nevertheless, even THEY say this:

"The critical issue now is to concentrate on protecting individuals against illness through immunization. One of the causes for concern among the researchers, physicians, and generally the whole community from the onset of vaccination has been the adverse effects (specifically blood clots) that may be observed after the injection of the COVID-19 vaccine."

So this is not anything that is being debated. Every side agrees.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9055170/

And for what it's worth, I would NEVER post anything partisan or political on this site. I surely have my views as we all do. But I dont want to bring that here. Thats the reason I am so dogged about this right now, its because I was very careful in my post to avoid anything controversial or political.

I love this board, and I learn a lot here from all of you. Im not here to fight. I would rather shake hands and move in in actual mutual respect if possible.

20 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

Jenkins spotted today with a walking boot on his right foot.  Does he have a foot problem too or helping the calves? 

Interesting that it's just one foot. Who knows what to believe about what's written in articles. Information is foggy for sure this time of year.