Bears Trade Rumor - IOL Dan Feeney from Dolphins

BearFan PHX

Apparently we are making a trade for 29 yo IOL Journeyman Dan Feeney from the Dolphins.

He's played OC and OG in San Diego, and then was a primary backup for the Jets. He's probably better than what we have at OC, and backup OG after Davis and Jenkins.

He played every game the past two seasons for the Jets (while starting only 5 and 2 games), but started every game but one from 2017 thru 2020 for the Chargers.

Here's some film break down from a couple years ago. He looks pretty good in the zone scheme, bumping the right guys, and holding up pretty well on his one on ones.

This really helps. But what are we giving? Hopefully in a package with Gipson where we get some draft capital added in coming back our way.

6 hours ago, Alaskan Grizzly said:

Some Xwitter-verse stuff about it. Evidently he played some TE for the Jets…very briefly.  And is another Chicago native. 

https://x.com/kfishbain/status/1696368395334168925?s=46&t=KrpJmhSTc4DI1sACtjisOQ

My alma mater, I am Class of 92'. 

He seems to have replaced Leatherwood as OL9.

6 minutes ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I don't love giving up a 6th rounder, but I do agree we have a need for some depth. Would have rather waited cause I suspect a better player will get cut. 

5 hours ago, adam said:

My alma mater, I am Class of 92'. 

He seems to have replaced Leatherwood as OL9.

I think he is here to start at Center.  Whitehair's snap hand is injured.  Kramer left Saturdays game hurt and Patrick hasn't been completely healthy.  

48 minutes ago, ASHKUM BEAR said:

I think he is here to start at Center.  Whitehair's snap hand is injured.  Kramer left Saturdays game hurt and Patrick hasn't been completely healthy.  

that's what I think too.

2 hours ago, BearFan PHX said:

that's what I think too.

Me too.   They can cut Patrick as far as I’m concerned.  Stash Dieter and Kramar on the practice squad and call them up if needed.  We won’t be any worse than when Patrick is on the field.  

4 hours ago, DABEARSDABOMB said:

I don't love giving up a 6th rounder, but I do agree we have a need for some depth. Would have rather waited cause I suspect a better player will get cut. 

And FWIW, with both Mooney and Gipson (more Gipson) still being talked about as trade fodder, there's a chance to still get back a 6th round pick or better.