I've Seen Enough...

Mongo3451

19 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

QB is crap.

DL is crap.

Nothing will change until both are fixed.

Give Justin until week 8 to prove himself, then go to Bagent if he fails.

I think it should be after Week 5, that's after a TNF game against WAS. That would be start #30 for Fields. Otherwise, you are trying to make a change on a normal week. The bye is Week 13, so that is too late. There is another mini-bye after CAR after Week 10, so that is another option. 

12 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

True, but I was thinking about getting Jenkins back week 5.  I want to see the OL, as Poles built it, intact for a few games.  That would give Fields the benefit of a running game.  Right now, the run game it's getting blown to hell.

They throw more screens than run the ball. Roschon averaged 8.0 yds a carry, Herbert averaged 5.0 yards a carry, but they got only 11 combined carries. 

54 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

True, but I was thinking about getting Jenkins back week 5.  I want to see the OL, as Poles built it, intact for a few games.  That would give Fields the benefit of a running game.  Right now, the run game it's getting blown to hell.

That's true from a team building perspective.  It doesn't change the fact the QB can't read the field even when he has time.  

JF is not the guy. I dont know if I have the heart to start cheering for a tankathon yet. I guess id like to see Fields grow and prove me wrong, but Im at like 90% sure right now, and if the Jets offered us a 2nd rounder for him, Id take it right now.

It's becoming clearer by the week that Fields isn't it. He's getting worse, his release is slower, his drop has been slower; he's not even running anymore. It's Mitch Trubisky 2019. 

I would say I can't believe the Bears ruined another young, promising quarterback, but then again, I'm not. THIS is exactly why you should never hire a defensive head coach to be in charge of developing the quarterback. It's just way too important of a position to take that gamble on, and it looks like the Bears are paying the price for that now. 

I'd say he gets until mid-season before you pull the plug and go with Bagent. He started off slow last year, too, and with some actual help from the coaching staff, he did manage to turn things around enough to make the end of the season a more intriguing watch.

The reality is that the problems run much deeper than the quarterback. Depending on how bad it gets, I think we are awfully close to having to go with the nuclear option and start over completely with a new HC AND GM. Don't make the same mistake you made with Ryan Pace in letting him make another QB selection before firing him the next season. Just start fresh and allow everybody's timeline to line up perfectly, for once!

15 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Depending on how bad it gets, I think we are awfully close to having to go with the nuclear option and start over completely with a new HC AND GM. Don't make the same mistake you made with Ryan Pace in letting him make another QB selection before firing him the next season. Just start fresh and allow everybody's timeline to line up perfectly, for once!

I'm still in Poles' corner.  As long as the players play hard for Flus, I'll stick with him.  I'm not sold on Getsy and Williams...

35 minutes ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

It's becoming clearer by the week that Fields isn't it. He's getting worse, his release is slower, his drop has been slower; he's not even running anymore. It's Mitch Trubisky 2019. 

I would say I can't believe the Bears ruined another young, promising quarterback, but then again, I'm not. THIS is exactly why you should never hire a defensive head coach to be in charge of developing the quarterback. It's just way too important of a position to take that gamble on, and it looks like the Bears are paying the price for that now. 

I'd say he gets until mid-season before you pull the plug and go with Bagent. He started off slow last year, too, and with some actual help from the coaching staff, he did manage to turn things around enough to make the end of the season a more intriguing watch.

The reality is that the problems run much deeper than the quarterback. Depending on how bad it gets, I think we are awfully close to having to go with the nuclear option and start over completely with a new HC AND GM. Don't make the same mistake you made with Ryan Pace in letting him make another QB selection before firing him the next season. Just start fresh and allow everybody's timeline to line up perfectly, for once!

That's too broad of a brush...how many QBs has Shanahan ruined in SF?  

38 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

That's too broad of a brush...how many QBs has Shanahan ruined in SF?  

Shanahan has a proven track record with quarterbacks. Come on. He made Matt Ryan into an MVP. Jimmy G took them to a SB, and now he's turned Brock Purdy into a star.

There's a reason why 75% of the league is offensive head coaches. The Bears are on their way to 13 consecutive losses.

What is the argument here, that Matt Eberflus is doing a good job??

58 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

I'm still in Poles' corner.  As long as the players play hard for Flus, I'll stick with him.  I'm not sold on Getsy and Williams...

Matt Eberflus has lost 12 games in a row and his defense has given up at least 25 points in every one of those losses, which is now an NFL record.

12 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Matt Eberflus has lost 12 games in a row and his defense has given up at least 25 points in every one of those losses, which is now an NFL record.

I think that's why Flus gave Williams a mysterious day off.  We still got no sacks or picks.  And got gouged for two huge plays from Mike Evans.  Our DB's were supposed to be a strength and are now decimated with injury.  Our depth is not good, which is indicative of a lower level roster.

13 hours ago, Bears4Ever_34 said:

Shanahan has a proven track record with quarterbacks. Come on. He made Matt Ryan into an MVP. Jimmy G took them to a SB, and now he's turned Brock Purdy into a star.

There's a reason why 75% of the league is offensive head coaches. The Bears are on their way to 13 consecutive losses.

What is the argument here, that Matt Eberflus is doing a good job??

The argument is that Shanahan knows offense and how to get the most out of his QBs.   Regardless of who they are and their skillset.  He’s not developing QBs or they’d be successful elsewhere or he’d quit Trading  away draft picks to draft a new one.    Imagine the 49ers roster with the extra draft picks they gave up for Lance.    I’ve watched a ton of Brock Purdy since he was a freshman in college.  I like him but He will regress to his mean as well.   Still a good QB but Shannan thought so much of him he was 3rd string behind Lance.  

42 minutes ago, AZ54 said:

The argument is that Shanahan knows offense and how to get the most out of his QBs.   Regardless of who they are and their skillset.  He’s not developing QBs or they’d be successful elsewhere or he’d quit Trading  away draft picks to draft a new one.    Imagine the 49ers roster with the extra draft picks they gave up for Lance.    I’ve watched a ton of Brock Purdy since he was a freshman in college.  I like him but He will regress to his mean as well.   Still a good QB but Shannan thought so much of him he was 3rd string behind Lance.  

For all the good things Shanahan has done ,he has a Claypool incident, it cost us a second, it cost him 3 first round picks. Everyone screws up, its about the endgame. Maybe we fail but maybe we end up being s long standing winning team that is 19 games into a 51 game rebuild. We will see.